Stirling Albion v Cowdenbeath

Really good performance today. We wouldn't have played like that if Fox was still in charge. Stirling were closed down at every opportunity and didn't play like a team that had been doing so well.
There were no failures today and Jamie won't get an easier game . I'd like to have seen McLauchlan playing as he's been good recently.
Thought Henderson was outstanding.

Agree with most of that. Not sure, however, that Henderson could be described as outstanding. Yes, he has improved under Locke, as a number of players have, but outstanding?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

That has yet to be decided. How do those sour grapes taste in your mouth ? 

I'm in a good mood just now, we may have lost today, but if we win against elgin next Saturday, then there will only be 1 separating us going into the last 2 games of the season. 

7 minutes ago, Binos123sam said:

I'm in a good mood just now, we may have lost today, but if we win against elgin next Saturday, then there will only be 1 separating us going into the last 2 games of the season. 

Glad to hear that. Sounds like we both feel happy tonight.  Best of luck for the rest of the season.

8 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

Glad to hear that. Sounds like we both feel happy tonight.  Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Sure does, I'm not actually sure whether yous will go down or not, just trying to get a reaction. If yous play the way yous did today in your next 3 games, then yous should be fine imo.

1 hour ago, al-be-oh-nee said:

Ouch! That was a sore one. Just beaten by the better team on the day.

Both teams still in with a shout of achieving their goals. Personally hope we both get there and its Clyde that hit the bottom.

Surely we have achieved our goal, by not finishing bottom. 

53 minutes ago, kakbag said:

Surely we have achieved our goal, by not finishing bottom. 

A couple of months ago, I'd agree. I'll admit I got caught up in the playoff charge. At new year I would happily have taken the guarantee of league 2 football next season. Guess Im just being greedy. We can still just about do it with a couple of favours.

11 hours ago, NotAFan said:

Agree with most of that. Not sure, however, that Henderson could be described as outstanding. Yes, he has improved under Locke, as a number of players have, but outstanding?

Henderson has come on leaps and bounds. He does look clumsy at times but he never shirks a tackle and takes the ball of opposition players for fun. 

If he doesn't get injured I'm sure he'll be one of our best players in the remaining games.

It's amazing what a wee bit of confidence can do for a player/ team. If we can repeat the way we played yesterday for the remaining games, we should be OK.

Keep thinking the Cowden fans are talking about the lanky streak of piss Blair Henderson when they keep talking about Henderson.

I think Blair Henderson has photos of Mackay, he never seems to be taken off and always starts despite having the ability of a mule.

50 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

I think Blair Henderson has photos of Mackay, he never seems to be taken off and always starts despite having the ability of a mule.

Never taken off and always starts, really!? I cant remember the last time he had 90mins before yesterday. Definitely not in the last 4 or 5 games. He may even be the most subbed on and off player for us this season.

Hes still been pish this season though. Write it off, start with a clean slate next year hopefully.

Never taken off and always starts, really!? I cant remember the last time he had 90mins before yesterday. Definitely not in the last 4 or 5 games. He may even be the most subbed on and off player for us this season.

Hes still been pish this season though. Write it off, start with a clean slate next year hopefully.

Suppose, just feels like he's always playing and its frustrating because he is utter garbage.

Whats even more frustrating is that he will be there next season [emoji19]

henderson pish yet again. weve botled any chance of the play offs now all cause we dont drop the donkey

Hardly bottled it, we're 4 points off Elgin and if we beat them on Saturday we're a point off them.

9 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Hardly bottled it, we're 4 points off Elgin and if we beat them on Saturday we're a point off them.

The form Elgin are in you still have a wee chance but I think Montrose will get the final spot.

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 20:59, Blue Oktober said:

I remember the game here on New Years Eve 2016 & though we were turning  a corner following a great result & performance sadly that didn't materialise.

Changes have been made since & I feel that todays win against an Albion side on a fantastic run to date even more important & pleasing. I think credit is due to Gary Locke & his back room team, players like Henderson & Rutherford seem to have found another gear. Also changes is starting line up  seems to have been measured & effective for example today expected Gerry straight back in but not the case and the line up worked perfectly. Similarly substitutions again tactically make sense based on the pool we have available. All in all we seem to getting more from a squad of players that we were previously markedly the partnership pf Carrick & Rutherford.

A lot to do & no longer in our own hands but I see increasing signs of hope & significantly a far greater bond with the players & fans who were again fantastic today & got right behind the team.We can only take care of our own matches so lets do that & see what happens.

Heartwarming highlights - playing football on the deck, great team spirit, fighting for every ball, defending really well. We can't ask more than that from the management team and the players. We've given ourselves a chance of staying in the league - probably via the play-offs. What a difference! Clyde will probably escape because they have become a cringeworthy club that has abandoned all self-respect. To survive, we'll have to do it the hard way - but it can be done.

The form Elgin are in you still have a wee chance but I think Montrose will get the final spot.

Agree after the Cowden performance, but who knows we might get lucky.

To write is off thought is stupidity.

14 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Agree. Elgin have not won in 9 games now, I think. However, Montrose will overtake them.

Archived