Stirling Albion v Cowdenbeath

23 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

A poor day at the office and the day that our Play Off push probably died, but it was good while it lasted.

Too many players showed their true colours today, it's just a pity they all chose to do it on the same day.

All credit has to go to Cowdenbeath, they came out with fire and fight, we seemed to treat it like a meaningless end of season game, and we were punished for it.

Absolutely no complaint about the scoreline, but for the 2nd time this season I left Forthbank wondering how Cowdenbeath are bottom. The 2 Strikers were absolutely superb and would be an asset to any team in this league (on today's showing).

Although I was impressed with Mackay's decision to bring on the 2 subs when he did, I do question why he took the players off he chose to. IF they were injured then fair doos, however Morrison was looking effective and we all know what Kav can do, and he arguably offers more than 'Hopeless Henderson'..... in fact there is no argument about it, he does offer more.

Connor Quigley was woeful at Left Back, McGeachie and Forsyth were rag dolled in the middle and Caddis looked suspect Defensively but not bad going forward. The Midfield was equally as laughable, and Black looks so out his depth at this level....I could go on but I'll leave it here.

Well done to Cowdenbeath and let's start the summer rebuild now.

We have beaten you twice at forthbank and could have been well out of sight at the last game at ours.

this would suggest you should just be happy to be away from the dreaded scrap at the bottom.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, eurquhart said:

Brilliant Cowden. Other results didn't go our way but keeps the pressure on. Berwick now in the mix and they have Clyde and Edinburgh still to play.

well done on getting the highlights up so quickly too !

52 minutes ago, big al said:

We have beaten you twice at forthbank and could have been well out of sight at the last game at ours.

this would suggest you should just be happy to be away from the dreaded scrap at the bottom.

Just a shame the season is defined over 36 games, not the games you pick and choose. We've beaten you twice this season, you've beaten us twice, on aggregate it's 5-5. 

But somehow we're way ahead in the league. It's so unfair isn't it

Fortunately was not at the game today, on holiday and it looks like I picked a good day to miss a home game. From all accounts we were rotten today and Cowdenbeath deserved their victory, pity Clyde won but you can't have everything.

Onwards to Elgin next week MUST win game for us otherwise our slim chances to get into the playoffs are gone. Just hope Montrose slip up at home but somehow don't think so.

14 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Just a shame the season is defined over 36 games, not the games you pick and choose. We've beaten you twice this season, you've beaten us twice, on aggregate it's 5-5. 

But somehow we're way ahead in the league. It's so unfair isn't it

Not at all, I'm merely pointing out that a team who has struggled against the worst side in the league maybe isn't a genuine promotion/ play off contender. As it's only a 10 team league and it's pretty tight, you have done well to avoid the rat race at the bottom so be grateful with that.

A very well rounded performance from us today.

Locke and his coaching staff has this team fighting tooth and nail getting the best out of them.

It is our typical bad luck that results did not go our way elsewhere but there is nothing we can do about that. All we can do is keep believing we can win our remaining games. Yes they are the top 3 but as recent results have shown its about current form and League position in this league means nothing.

We can do this and deserve to with our form since Locke took charge.

Now is the time for every Cowden fan or people who have the club at heart to get to Central Park in the remaining home games and to encourage others to come with you!

1 hour ago, big al said:

Hope yous enjoy playing the shire and Selkirk next season. Two bonuses are yous will actually win more games than yous lose and the prices are cheaper.

I remember the game here on New Years Eve 2016 & though we were turning  a corner following a great result & performance sadly that didn't materialise.

Changes have been made since & I feel that todays win against an Albion side on a fantastic run to date even more important & pleasing. I think credit is due to Gary Locke & his back room team, players like Henderson & Rutherford seem to have found another gear. Also changes is starting line up  seems to have been measured & effective for example today expected Gerry straight back in but not the case and the line up worked perfectly. Similarly substitutions again tactically make sense based on the pool we have available. All in all we seem to getting more from a squad of players that we were previously markedly the partnership pf Carrick & Rutherford.

A lot to do & no longer in our own hands but I see increasing signs of hope & significantly a far greater bond with the players & fans who were again fantastic today & got right behind the team.We can only take care of our own matches so lets do that & see what happens.

39 minutes ago, big al said:

Not at all, I'm merely pointing out that a team who has struggled against the worst side in the league maybe isn't a genuine promotion/ play off contender. As it's only a 10 team league and it's pretty tight, you have done well to avoid the rat race at the bottom so be grateful with that.

nobody at Stirling is fooled by our recent run of form. Even if we do not reach the promotion play offs, the squad needs a radical overhaul. I can only think of 3 players I would be happy to retain.

26 minutes ago, Binos123sam said:

Hope yous enjoy playing the shire and Selkirk next season. Two bonuses are yous will actually win more games than yous lose and the prices are cheaper.

Did yous manage to pass your England standard grade or have yous still to sit it ?

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

A poor day at the office and the day that our Play Off push probably died, but it was good while it lasted.

Too many players showed their true colours today, it's just a pity they all chose to do it on the same day.

All credit has to go to Cowdenbeath, they came out with fire and fight, we seemed to treat it like a meaningless end of season game, and we were punished for it.

Absolutely no complaint about the scoreline, but for the 2nd time this season I left Forthbank wondering how Cowdenbeath are bottom. The 2 Strikers were absolutely superb and would be an asset to any team in this league (on today's showing).

Although I was impressed with Mackay's decision to bring on the 2 subs when he did, I do question why he took the players off he chose to. IF they were injured then fair doos, however Morrison was looking effective and we all know what Kav can do, and he arguably offers more than 'Hopeless Henderson'..... in fact there is no argument about it, he does offer more.

Connor Quigley was woeful at Left Back, McGeachie and Forsyth were rag dolled in the middle and Caddis looked suspect Defensively but not bad going forward. The Midfield was equally as laughable, and Black looks so out his depth at this level....I could go on but I'll leave it here.

Well done to Cowdenbeath and let's start the summer rebuild now.

We are only bottom (for now) because we persisted with Fox for too long and we miss way too many chances, especially penalties.

Hopefully we can jump over Berwick next week, as Arbroath seem determined to hand the title to Forfar.

Double substitution was strange. I would have brought Bikey on, but left the little guy on. He was playing well.

nobody at Stirling is fooled by our recent run of form. Even if we do not reach the promotion play offs, the squad needs a radical overhaul. I can only think of 3 players I would be happy to retain.

Who?? If you include Andy Little, I can think of 8 out of the current squad.

Hopefully we can jump over Berwick next week, as Arbroath seem determined to hand the title to Forfar.

My fingers are crossed for you.

Really good performance today. We wouldn't have played like that if Fox was still in charge. Stirling were closed down at every opportunity and didn't play like a team that had been doing so well.

There were no failures today and Jamie won't get an easier game . I'd like to have seen McLauchlan playing as he's been good recently.

Thought Henderson was outstanding.

Get it right up ye.

Just a shame you're still bottom and looking likely for 3 in a row x

Super safc

Just like to congratulate Montrose on their most successful season ever, some effort by the Mo.

Archived