Stirling Albion v Cowdenbeath

Cowden continue to fight to try and avoid the relegation play- off spot, meanwhile Albions season has improved and they are looking at a possible promotion play-off spot. It isn't going to be a classic but with so much at stake I'd expect a hard fought affair. 

Cowden have improved markedly in terms of effort and application and Carrick has given us some bite up front. We lack quality in other areas though and this could well end up in a draw. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its going to be an interesting game at Forthbank this Saturday between an Albion team with a chance of getting to the playoffs and a Cowdenbeath side fighting to move off the bottom spot.

Don't expect many goals from this game but feel that the Albion have too much up front from the likes of Bikey, Darren Smith, Blair Henderson, Ross Kavanagh that it will be difficult for Cowdenbeath to defend and that we take the 3 points at home to continue on to the game with Elgin the following week.

This is a game the Albion need to win and I hope the form team of League 2 do the business.

Prediction Albion 2 Cowdenbeath 0 

A point is no good to us. I want to win this but if we don't win I'd rather lose than draw, because it would make things very interesting at the bottom. 

Cowdenbeath is undoubtedly the worst away day in the division, no offence to their fans but I wouldn't miss Central Park. However the thrill of seeing Clyde and (especially) Berwick being dragged further into the dogfight is tempting.

Cowden won at Forthbank earlier in the season and I wouldn't be shocked if they won again. Should be an interesting game.

squeaky bums all around. 

3 hours ago, rhliston said:

Don't expect many goals from this game but feel that the Albion have too much up front from the likes of Bikey, Darren Smith, Blair Henderson, Ross Kavanagh

I didn't realise Bikey was back. When was he loaned out ? I thought Hearts might have sent him to a Championship club as they know what he can do at League 2.

I didn't realise Bikey was back. When was he loaned out ? I thought Hearts might have sent him to a Championship club as they know what he can do at League 2.

I THINK they had no choice, you can only play for 2 clubs in the same season so because Hearts brought him off the bench a couple of times, they had no other option. I'm sure I read somewhere that it was actually Bikey that wanted to come back, rather than sit in the stand.

Looking forward to Saturday's game. After the last few seasons it's great to have something to play for at this time of the season, certainly keeps your interests up.

It's not going to be an easy game, Cowdenbeath showed during their last visit that they are a handy team on their day, and obviously Locke seems to be getting a reaction from the players.

We have left it too late and only a big improvement in form will help us now. However, I still think we are due a big win against somebody. Hopefully it happens this Saturday.

This is a must win for us to keep our play off dream alive. A win for us here and a win for Clyde and Berwick vs Elgin and Annan would put us 1 point off both of them, with Elgin away the following week.

Cowden have improved since Locke, so not feeling as confident as I did when we last met, but reckon we should have enough quality to beat a Gary Locke team.

6 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Right on the transfer deadline.

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I THINK they had no choice, you can only play for 2 clubs in the same season so because Hearts brought him off the bench a couple of times, they had no other option. I'm sure I read somewhere that it was actually Bikey that wanted to come back, rather than sit in the stand.

Looking forward to Saturday's game. After the last few seasons it's great to have something to play for at this time of the season, certainly keeps your interests up.

It's not going to be an easy game, Cowdenbeath showed during their last visit that they are a handy team on their day, and obviously Locke seems to be getting a reaction from the players.

This.

6 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I thought that maybe wouldn't have applied as he was only playing as an amateur.

17 minutes ago, beano said:

we'll win if the diving carthorse henderson is benched. cowdenbeath are awful and the honeymoon period has ended

We aren't awful. You were lucky against us last time. It's time for us to end your play off hopes.

We aren't awful. You were lucky against us last time. It's time for us to end your play off hopes.

I agree you weren't awful, but despite all your chances I never felt you would score.

Lets send these diddies doon.

7 minutes ago, PELE said:

Hopefully clyde will win against elgin on Saturday seeing them going even further ahead of yous and hopefully we'll win aswell meaning yous will almost certainly be involved in the relegation play-off match and we'll be even closer to the promotion play-off.

8 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

I agree you weren't awful, but despite all your chances I never felt you would score.

Lets send these diddies doon.

That's been our problem most weeks. This current squad is nowhere near being our worst, yet we find ourselves in the rare position of occupying the bottom spot. Then again, it is our inaugural season in League 2.

A few weeks ago it was said that Stirling were not scoring bags of goals, winning by the odd goal.  Although,at times,we have ridden our luck, our lengthy run of success must be attributed to something else. If asked I would say Stirling have more dumplings than superstars. Whether it has been achieved by words in the shell-like Mackay's methods are reaping their rewards.

lf Ernest Bernstein plays at the end I'll be more than happy.

A few weeks ago it was said that Stirling were not scoring bags of goals, winning by the odd goal.  Although,at times,we have ridden our luck, our lengthy run of success must be attributed to something else. If asked I would say Stirling have more dumplings than superstars. Whether it has been achieved by words in the shell-like Mackay's methods are reaping their rewards.
lf Ernest Bernstein plays at the end I'll be more than happy.

Its down to Mackay. He's managed to get Dickson playing the way East Fife and Stenny fans were raving on about. He's got Darren Smith confidence, which has brought goals and he's sorted out the defence.

Just goes to show how useless McLaren and Corrigan were.

On 10/04/2017 at 23:50, PELE said:

That's been our problem most weeks. This current squad is nowhere near being our worst, yet we find ourselves in the rare position of occupying the bottom spot. Then again, it is our inaugural season in League 2.

Edinburgh are easily the worst then Clyde then cowdenbeef

Christ knows how this will go.  Stirling are obviously firm favourites but we've been working our arses off to grind out results.  If we have Gerry and Rumbsy back then I think we can sneak a point.  It won't be enough for us but if Elgin can beat Clyde then we've still got a chance.

We basically can't lose any games until the end of the season.  Fingers crossed we perform like we did on 31st Dec and Stirling have an off day.

Archived