Junior Grounds that might not see next season

RobM

Lochee Harp's Beechwood Park is about to disappear under a car showroom. The deal includes them getting a new ground across the road but they'll have to leave before that's ready, sharing elsewhere in the meantime (at Downfield has been rumoured). I'd expect the car showrooms work to have already started before next season kicks off.

Inverness City have been told that their lease on Lister Park (a fenced off bit of the Bught Park complex) won't be extended. A kick in the teeth from Highland Council. They've only got until October. Whether they'll carry on until then, then move part-way through a season, or whether they'll just make a move from the very start of the season remains to be seen. There has been talk of sharing at Clach.

Rossvale will cease sharing New Petershill Park and move this summer to a new-build - New Huntershill.

Outwith the Juniors :

Edinburgh City will become sharers at Spartans' Ainslie Park as Meadowbank Stadium gets knocked down and revamped. It's not clear how/when Leith Athletic who play on the outside astro at the complex will be affected.

Ormiston are moving to their new pitch, immediately behind their existing one. 

Cove Rangers are continuing to claim that their own new ground will be ready for next season. Yeah, right. Much more realistic is that they'll be nomadic sharers for a while longer yet.

There are some other non-Juniors currently sharing who it is rumoured will share elsewhere next season, but since not yet publicly announced I'm saying nothing for the moment.

25 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I really don't understand the star hearts move. Currently a brilliant set up that rarely loses games to weather. Not like any developer would ever want that.

Make a brilliant ski slope.

2 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

Inverness City have been told that their lease on Lister Park (a fenced off bit of the Bught Park complex) won't be extended. A kick in the teeth from Highland Council. They've only got until October. Whether they'll carry on until then, then move part-way through a season, or whether they'll just make a move from the very start of the season remains to be seen. There has been talk of sharing at Clach.

Rossvale will cease sharing New Petershill Park and move this summer to a new-build - New Huntershill.

FFS, how many times is that now City have been messed around by the mandarins? Why is it also always resulting in a move partially through a season?

Good to see Rossvale getting themselves finally sorted, had fears at one stage their move to the Juniors was all going to end in tears with the ground saga dragging on - will be interesting to see what sort of support they can attract. 

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

I really don't understand the star hearts move. Currently a brilliant set up that rarely loses games to weather. Not like any developer would ever want that.

I was surprised by it when patriot1 posted it in the East Premier thread and I still don't believe it now he's posted it in this this thread too. I don't find any evidence elsewhere.

The pitch at Treaton Park is excellent - a real labour of love by a dedicated groundsman. And a new enclosure had been built between my two visits, indicating that KSH were improving the facilities. I posted how archaic the gents was and got a reply that it was amongst the works being gradually addressed.  

Smacks of mischief / banter, but if patriot1 enlightens us with some evidence I'll only then start to take this one seriously. 

Kennoway's move was confirmed at our game there last week. There are no members of the original Star Hearts committee left on the KSH committee so there's no reason for them to play in Star. Dave Leitch who did a great job on their park has been working on our ground since the start of the season when he left KSH.

My info is that Kennoway want to set up an amateur team at Treaton Park.

Maybe someone from Kennoway or with more knowledge than myself can confirm?

22 hours ago, RobM said:

Unlikely that Rosyth's Recreation Park is going to see the new season in.

Any other grounds that teams are likely to be moving out off for pastures new?

What's the story with rosyth?

15 hours ago, Jeek said:

What's the story with rosyth?

My understanding is :

Recreation Park is council owned.

The council have sold it (and the adjacent derelict pub) off for a supermarket. Such developments are not known for their patience...

The Ministry Of Defence have given up part of the Fleet Recreation Grounds to the council. The council will build a community sports hub there, including a Junior-compliant ground. But when exactly?...

Rosyth had electricity by a generator. It packed in. The supplier wanted silly money to fix it so Rosyth have been looking for an alternative. In the meantime they've played home games on the plastic at Kelty, which is also council owned and costs a fair few bob to hire. They had one 'home' fixture scheduled for Crossgates but it was PPd on a day when many others were also rained off.

There were discussions of going to (council owned) Ore Park for the remainder of the season, now derelict after Ballingry Rovers' demise. But the council wanted silly money for that.

Meanwhile we're into the time of year when grass is growing again, so even if Rosyth find a sensibly-priced generator, will the council bother to mow a park they'd rather have a supermarket on a.s.a.p.? Rosyth might be needing to look not only for a generator but also for a lawnmower to do it themselves.

They're due home (v Crossgates) on the 22nd. If the issues are not resolved that may well also get played at Kelty (who have an away).

They're due home on the 29th (v Easthouses). Both Kelty and Crossgates have got home games themselves that day, so if the issues at Recreation Park still aren't sorted out we'll see where that one ends up being played.

By my calculations they've got two further home fixtures this season that are still to be scheduled, v Livi Utd and v Stoneyburn

All the very best to them in the face of such obstacles. As their chairman said to me at one of the home games at Kelty "I've got my own business to run, never mind all this to try to sort out..."

My understanding is :  

Recreation Park is council owned.

The council have sold it (and the adjacent derelict pub) off for a supermarket. Such developments are not known for their patience...

The Ministry Of Defence have given up part of the Fleet Recreation Grounds to the council. The council will build a community sports hub there, including a Junior-compliant ground. But when exactly?...

Rosyth had electricity by a generator. It packed in. The supplier wanted silly money to fix it so Rosyth have been looking for an alternative. In the meantime they've played home games on the plastic at Kelty, which is also council owned and costs a fair few bob to hire. They had one 'home' fixture scheduled for Crossgates but it was PPd on a day when many others were also rained off.

There were discussions of going to (council owned) Ore Park for the remainder of the season, now derelict after Ballingry Rovers' demise. But the council wanted silly money for that.

Meanwhile we're into the time of year when grass is growing again, so even if Rosyth find a sensibly-priced generator, will the council bother to mow a park they'd rather have a supermarket on a.s.a.p.? Rosyth might be needing to look not only for a generator but also for a lawnmower to do it themselves.

They're due home (v Crossgates) on the 22nd. If the issues are not resolved that may well also get played at Kelty (who have an away).

They're due home on the 29th (v Easthouses). Both Kelty and Crossgates have got home games themselves that day, so if the issues at Recreation Park still aren't sorted out we'll see where that one ends up being played.

By my calculations they've got two further home fixtures this season that are still to be scheduled, v Livi Utd and v Stoneyburn

All the very best to them in the face of such obstacles. As their chairman said to me at one of the home games at Kelty "I've got my own business to run, never mind all this to try to sort out..."

Thanks for that, I tried to figure out what was going on in the east south thread but couldn't quite work it out.

That's sad to see, I played there a few times, is there no scope to upgrade one of the parks across the road? Without going into the whole licensing thing. The requirements for junior don't seem too stringent? Even if it was temporary.

I know the council have had to make cut backs like everyone else, but surely getting some money in, i.e. Break even plus a small amount and letting them use Ore park would make sense? Even if volunteers cut the grass.

Hope they get through it.

Of course Holm Park is due to be redeveloped beginning later in 2017 and due to be complete quickly but I highly doubt that given the lack of any update.

Hmm i forgot about this. Would both Clydebank and Yoker cross the Clyde and share with Benburn and St Anthony's for the time?

Archived