Falkirk v St Mirren

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lewis Kidd is no better than Kevin McCann. Despite Muirheads atrocious distribution at times I would have him ahead of Kidd at right back.

Don't talk rubbish he is miles better than McCann.

Based on what? Can't believe we paid a fee for him as well, my god.

If you think Kidd is not any better than McCann it says more about your judgement than either of those players ability

If you think Kidd is not any better than McCann it says more about your judgement than either of those players ability

So based on nothing then? Based on the fact we signed McCann for nothing, paid a fee for Kidd, the former on a low wage, the latter on a first team wage, I can't say Kidd has been a better signing. Yes he has scored a free kick which helped towards a win, fair enough, probably contributed slightly more than McCann in that sense. But I'm not seeing this attacking full back supplying us with great width, dribbling and crossing ability, which are his strengths apparently. Muirhead is never a full back but he doesn't make me shite myself every time a left sided opposition player attacks us.

Anyway, back to St Mirren. I am really looking forward to next season assuming we do not do the unthinkable this season. Jack obviously knows how to pick a player and if we can keep most of this squad next season, games next season should be a joy to watch with attacking football played at a fast pace. What an improvement over the last few years. Actually really enjoy going to games now and I haven't said that for 4 years.

No one is raving about Kidd. Simply saying on the balance of his attacking/defending versus Muirheads, I would much rather have Kidd in the team. Our horrendous start to this season was ENTIRELY down to a complete lack of balance in the team. Even our treacle centre mid would have been ok if we could attack down both flanks. Its no coincidence that the return of Muirhead has made the same old arguements about pace in the team re appear. Thats where it all comes from.

We cannot get away with sacrificing the right hand side of the team because Muirhead is a wee bit better at defending than Kidd. And I maintain it is only a wee bit, since I havent seen Kidd have a mare yet despite all these constant cries about how he cant defend which confuse me.

Play Muirhead and Aird then, simple.

Think the sides been much more balanced with Kidd in on the right as well. He's maybe not a better defender than Muirhead but he's certainly a better fullback. Didn't we go on our best run of the season with Kidd in the defence before he got injured?

This started off as a chat about signings and has now turned into whether kidd a supposed attacking fullback is any better than a centre half playing at fullback in Muirhead. The fact that kidd isn't a clear winner highlights how shit a signing he's been. The fact we actually paid money for him is ludicrous. A proper attacking fullback should be near the top of the list for signings for next season and kidd can hang about as backup for another season if he wants.

17 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Looks more full because the picture has been taken from an angle and the saints support is standing. 

When seated during the game and looking from the South Stand one end section (not in pic) was fairly empty and the other end one about half full. Definitely 500ish spare seats.

I'd guess at 1,600 in the South Stand and 2,700 in the Main Stand. Makes the official figure about 1,000 short  

Aye, I realised about them standing after I had posted. Can't see the empty seats.

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Anyway, back to St Mirren. I am really looking forward to next season assuming we do not do the unthinkable this season. Jack obviously knows how to pick a player and if we can keep most of this squad next season, games next season should be a joy to watch with attacking football played at a fast pace. What an improvement over the last few years. Actually really enjoy going to games now and I haven't said that for 4 years.

Absolutely this.

We've played some very decent football in the last few months, and have a midfield 4/5 that are far more attack-minded than we've had in years!

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Why does that make it simple? Aird isnt good enough to do it alone any more than Craigen is. Do you think its coincidence that Hippo has been good this season, and Sibbald who isnt exactly rapid has also looked very good on the left? Or could it be that the backup of a good left back in Leahy, or even Gallacher when he came in, helped us to carry a threat down that side?

Still trying to work that out. Leahy was our worst defender by far on Saturday, he doesn't attack when Hippo is in front of him, whereas Craigen wasnt giving Muirhead an out ball on Saturday and got more in the way, swap Craigen to left and he played much better.

I take it you missed Kidd when he first played, the reason why Taiwo was moved to right mid cause he was getting his arse felt. Kidd has improved but is he better than we have and have a resale value, the answers no

No one moaned about Muirhead last season, so I'd put it down to what he has in front of him and the leaky centre defence we have.

So, we still fully haven't got a right mid sorted and have three players more than capable of playing mid left.

I'd like to see Hippo on the right, I like the idea of players being flexible and if its Craigen left Hippo right, they could swap over within the game.

So based on nothing then? Based on the fact we signed McCann for nothing, paid a fee for Kidd, the former on a low wage, the latter on a first team wage, I can't say Kidd has been a better signing. Yes he has scored a free kick which helped towards a win, fair enough, probably contributed slightly more than McCann in that sense. But I'm not seeing this attacking full back supplying us with great width, dribbling and crossing ability, which are his strengths apparently. Muirhead is never a full back but he doesn't make me shite myself every time a left sided opposition player attacks us.

Based on the fact he is a better player

This started off as a chat about signings and has now turned into whether kidd a supposed attacking fullback is any better than a centre half playing at fullback in Muirhead. The fact that kidd isn't a clear winner highlights how shit a signing he's been. The fact we actually paid money for him is ludicrous. A proper attacking fullback should be near the top of the list for signings for next season and kidd can hang about as backup for another season if he wants.

Kidd has only played to 2 losing league games. Away at Easter Road when they scored in the 93rd minute and home to Morton. He was playing well when he go injured then Muirhead kept him out. People are being harsh on him IMO. I have no issue with Muirhead playing however

35 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Kidd has already proven a better player, for Falkirk anyway, with his assists and goals so far.

Your taking the piss now. He's only scored one goal which is less  than Muirhead. And how can anyone say he's a better player than Muirhead who is getting played out of position every week. Kidd is supposedly an attacking fullback and yet he is struggling to get into the team ahead of a centreback. If he was streets ahead of Muirhead in his favoured position then I've no doubt he would have played more than 11 games this season.

Archived