Falkirk v St Mirren

Playoff finalists last year, more than likely to finish second this year and Falkirk fans are wanting Houston replaced??

It's absolutely ridiculous! We have probably the most naive supporters in this division. We just need to look at the backward strides we took with prior managers since Yogi.

Houstons given us consistency and we are now challenging up against superior resources each season. We have real prospects over the next few years if we stick with him....even if some of his decisions mystify me at times.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't 2/3s full. I took this photo during the 2nd half and I'd guess there were a couple of hundred empty seats at best. I was sat in the Main stand yesterday so couldn't tell you how busy it was versus how it normally is but I'd have guessed the crowd was about 5,800 before it was announced.

We've had 5000+ crowds this season with about 200 in the away end. There would be no reason for yesterday being our LOWEST home support of the season, especially at this stage of the season.

7e9756f7b1ee88fd0e76116e83854021.jpg

Ok, more than 2/3 but don't think there was as many as in ours and that was just under 1500. Say 2700-2900 for they 2 stands, that would leave around 2000 in the main stand. Think that holds 4,000 does it not. I'm not having a dig. You have one of the better supports

It's absolutely ridiculous! We have probably the most naive supporters in this division. We just need to look at the backward strides we took with prior managers since Yogi.

Houstons given us consistency and we are now challenging up against superior resources each season. We have real prospects over the next few years if we stick with him....even if some of his decisions mystify me at times.

So Falkirk fans are some of the most uneducated when it comes to football. Ok pal like your style. Been watching all forms of football for 40 years, think I know a little bit!!

Ok, more than 2/3 but don't think there was as many as in ours and that was just under 1500. Say 2700-2900 for they 2 stands, that would leave around 2000 in the main stand. Think that holds 4,000 does it not. I'm not having a dig. You have one of the better supports

Not that it really matters but the away stand holds 2000 and the section nearest the WS was virtually empty. There were also a good number empty at the other end. Otherwise looked full. Each section holds about 350 so I'd say the 1500 figure was about right.

Our South stand holds 1876 and I'd have guessed about 1600 in there.

So Falkirk fans are some of the most uneducated when it comes to football. Ok pal like your style. Been watching all forms of football for 40 years, think I know a little bit!!

40 years sitting in the stands at Falkirk listening to some of the pish that we spout ( I'll include myself in that at times) and you don't agree?

I am 100pc behind Houston and think he is the right man for the job. I just get frustrated at some of the team picks. Having said that we don't see what goes on in training every day and he does we only see 90 mins a week.

Despite thinking he sets us out not to lose sometimes you only have to look at the league table and see we are the top scorers with 53. More than hibs and United. He must get frustrated with us fans.

#inhoustiewetrust

12 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:

I seriously hope you're on the wind up with this. I appreciate the stand you're in tends to feel more full but if you compare the two pictures it's blatantly obvious

I seriously hope you're on the wind up with this. I appreciate the stand you're in tends to feel more full but if you compare the two pictures it's blatantly obvious

The crowd was AT LEAST 5500 yesterday...probably approaching 6000. I suspect someone dropped 1000 of our gate yesterday but have not got my head around why.

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The crowd was AT LEAST 5500 yesterday...probably approaching 6000. I suspect someone dropped 1000 of our gate yesterday but have not got my head around why.

Tax evasion. A 25 point deduction sounds about the right punishment.

46 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:

gonna just let us have our crowd w*nk in peace?

Interesting debate and always like hearing what others think about the internal squabbles of an opponents club.

I'm not a fan of Houston at all. Has made some pretty poor selections & signings during his time in charge but for me his stubbornness is his biggest weakness at the moment. To persist with both Kerr & Baird is truly baffling and his refusal to start with Austin consistently is very odd. Although those that jeered the substitution of Kerr are a disgrace, vent your frustration at Houston but not at someone that has served the club so well.

Those wishing to defend Houston often talk about over achieving but I think both the cup final & finishing 2nd last year have helped paper over significant cracks that he has never filled. This truly has been a wasted chance to really push what I think has been the poorest Hibs side in the league and Houston carries the can for that. For me this must be his last chance to get us up. Although the thought of Maybury as heir apparent doesn't thrill me at all.

49 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:

I was sitting towards the edge of our stand yesterday and there were plenty of empt seats to our right. The stand behind the goal at the Falkirk end was a bit fuller than ours by maybe a couple of hundred.

Interesting debate and always like hearing what others think about the internal squabbles of an opponents club.

I'm not a fan of Houston at all. Has made some pretty poor selections & signings during his time in charge but for me his stubbornness is his biggest weakness at the moment. To persist with both Kerr & Baird is truly baffling and his refusal to start with Austin consistently is very odd. Although those that jeered the substitution of Kerr are a disgrace, vent your frustration at Houston but not at someone that has served the club so well.

Those wishing to defend Houston often talk about over achieving but I think both the cup final & finishing 2nd last year have helped paper over significant cracks that he has never filled. This truly has been a wasted chance to really push what I think has been the poorest Hibs side in the league and Houston carries the can for that. For me this must be his last chance to get us up. Although the thought of Maybury as heir apparent doesn't thrill me at all.

The last sentence says it all really. I will be more than happy to have Houston in charge next season irrespective of which division we are in. Complaints about Hypo and Fash not being in the team...who was it that brought them to the club in the first place?

Austin stays on the last man and stretched the game. Their second goal today came from our failure to get put and stay out. Lack of any sort of centre mid and lack of decent outball cost us IMO. Austin caised chaos when he came on. If Houston cant see that he needs to retire. Stop the fucking agendas and let the laddie do what he does.

The 2nd St.Mirren goal is caused by Kerr trying to stop a good clearance by Leahy. He could not have put it on a plate better than he did for McGinn.

Looking back at the highlights Thomson had one save of note all game in the first 10 minutes and the St.Mirren one had only one too stopping Austin when he was through just after he came on.

A draw was certainly the correct result however Thomson gave a foul by Aird, not Austin, just before Craigen whacked it in. If that was a foul football is the new Basketball.

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The 2nd St.Mirren goal is caused by Kerr trying to stop a good clearance by Leahy. He could not have put it on a plate better than he did for McGinn.

Looking back at the highlights Thomson had one save of note all game in the first 10 minutes and the St.Mirren one had only one too stopping Austin when he was through just after he came on.

A draw was certainly the correct result however Thomson gave a foul by Aird, not Austin, just before Craigen whacked it in. If that was a foul football is the new Basketball.

Where are the highlights?

On the chopped off 'goal' it was far too far away for us to see, but the ref blew well before the shot was taken.

Did they show the freekicks that led to Falkirk's goals?

Where are the highlights?
On the chopped off 'goal' it was far too far away for us to see, but the ref blew well before the shot was taken.
Did they show the freekicks that led to Falkirk's goals?

FFCTV

I've only seen it live the once but for me their second goal wasn't helped by the fact Baird just let their right back brat him and waltz away from him with the ball. Think that was just after the clearance you mention but we had a chance 35 yards out to at least force them back

Archived