Falkirk v St Mirren

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not denying Houston has been good for us at times I just think it's time for a fresh face. The first 20 mins before we equalised and were second best all over the pitch and looked completely pedestrian he stood on the touchline looking bemused and out of his depth with no idea what was going wrong! He was the one who gave the final team talk I'm guessing before the we came out and selected that side! Can he not motivate us anymore or are the players switching off to his demands!

Folk forgetting how shite we were before Housty came in?
We couldn't even pip Dundee & Hammy to the title ffs.
Houston in his first two years has got us to a Scottish Cup final and a Championship play-off final, in a very difficult league.
Let him have his chance when it will be a level playing field next season.

I can see both sides of the argument when you put it like that. One more season then. lol. You must admit he can be bloody stubborn and a bit negative at times though?

I thought the draw was a fair result,St Mirren came out the blocks flying.Robbie Thomson had a great game and the save at 0-1 was outstanding.

I forgot about that save, brilliant. Player was injured laying the goal and play continued. Could easily have been 0-2. Fantastic stop by Thomson.

6 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I thought the draw was a fair result,St Mirren came out the blocks flying.Robbie Thomson had a great game and the save at 0-1 was outstanding.

Agreed. Although I did spend the first half waxing lyrical about Danny Rogers and what a season he was having, his first half saves etc, before realising he was on the bench. 

The issue for me is the team he has put out again today, same issue as last week.

Jim Duffy told everyone how St.Mirren play, high press, and Houston played right into their hands with the lack of pace in the side.

It allowed St.Mirren to get 10/15 yards further up the pitch and press us in our own half stopping Leahy and Sibbald's distribution. Again like last week Houston brings on pace (Aird and Austin), St.Mirren immediately drop off and we have more space to play in.

Pace kills teams, they hate playing against it. We have plenty in Austin, Aird, Shepherd and Hypolyte yet Houston seems not to trust most of these players.

Get them in the team Peter FFS.

The issue for me is the team he has put out again today, same issue as last week.

Jim Duffy told everyone how St.Mirren play, high press, and Houston played right into their hands with the lack of pace in the side.

It allowed St.Mirren to get 10/15 yards further up the pitch and press us in our own half stopping Leahy and Sibbald's distribution. Again like last week Houston brings on pace (Aird and Austin), St.Mirren immediately drop off and we have more space to play in.

Pace kills teams, they hate playing against it. We have plenty in Austin, Aird, Shepherd and Hypolyte yet Houston seems not to trust most of these players.

Correct. Sibbald, Kerr, Taiwo, Miller all have their plus points but beating a man for pace is certainly not one of them. Pace breeds panic!!!! Also frees other players in space!!

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The game was crying out for Myles to come on but he inuried himself in the warm up

The game was crying out for Myles to come on but he inuried himself in the warm up

I know that but my point is he wasn't even in the starting line up. Sick of watch Baird and Kerr week in week out. Good servants but time did them to move aside

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I know that but my point is he wasn't even in the starting line up. Sick of watch Baird and Kerr week in week out. Good servants but time did them to move aside

The team was wrong as you I and most Falkirk fans know,

27 minutes ago, keithgy said:

The team was wrong as you I and most Falkirk fans know,

The team was wrong. I totally agree.

Fact is though, 2nd place is in our hands now. We win our 3 games nobody can catch us. Also Utd play Morton last game.

Houston gets a lot of stick on here, and he is far from perfect, but his record with us is fairly good.

Let's see what the end of the season brings us.

COYB.

In a way can understand Falkirk fans wanting rid of Houston, but Falkirk look miles better than their two competitors for 2nd.

MILES better.

Having said that, I think Saints edged it today, and very disappointed not to get the three poiints.

Which says a lot about how far Saints have come.

Anyway, no Hibs next season, and assuming Falkirk don't go up this season (though they're still favourites to IMO), they'll be very well placed to do so next season.

As for Saints, Dundee Utd looked awful against Ayr, so we need to go up there next weekend with confidence.

Good to see Morgan get back on the pitch, and hope Stelios has gotten over his illness.  Really missed him today.

cant believe folk want houston's scalp look at our last three managers do you want more of that? it may be frustrating at times but he is a safe pair of hands that's his style. we're currently second and finished second last year both times behind a top 6 spl budget team ffs.

anyway a decent game all round. leahy had an off day first time ive seen him that poor and grant's distribution is fucking awful. i cant understand why fash doesnt start he always rapes defences. as far as the baird bob argument is concerned i think bob is more of a baller but only seems to perform when an impact sub, so baird it is. next year ohara will replace if still in this league. the midden are a quality outfit as good as weve had at the bairnebeu this season. a draw a fair result. not sure why our third wasnt given but then our second was never a free kick.

thompson is fuckn gash an absolute riddy of a ref

Have to agree, think it's bizarre people want Houston out. Falkirk were never going to win the league this season and are doing well to finish second. Season before that they had a great run in the play-offs and almost went all the way despite being the underdogs. Now Falkirk have a great chance under Houston to win the play offs this season. The aim is clearly to get into the Premiership. Even if they don't pull it off this season I can see Falkirk being the main contender for promotion next season. It's just a matter of time imo.

I thought it was a good game. Both teams came to play and both teams were clearly desperate to win. I thought both Falkirk's goals were slightly against the run of play at the time, but they dominated proceedings after they'd scored in both half's. To be honest, I thought we were clinging on at the end and was desperate for the final whistle to go.

Having seen them all recently, Falkirk look miles better than any of the other playoff teams. I don't know if they are good enough to beat the Premiership team, but they should certainly finish second and make the final. Good luck to them.

Indeed, but such has been the lack of adventure in our selections this season, none of us (I don't think) really see us as favourites to go up.

Utd are humming, agreed, Morton are in a hilarious tailspin, yes, but to see us get bodied by a side like Dundee or Hamilton with even the slightest bit of pace would be horrendous. We'd only stand a chance if we went at teams with losinghabits from the off, and that's not in Houstie's nature.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Indeed, but such has been the lack of adventure in our selections this season, none of us (I don't think) really see us as favourites to go up.

Utd are humming, agreed, Morton are in a hilarious tailspin, yes, but to see us get bodied by a side like Dundee or Hamilton with even the slightest bit of pace would be horrendous. We'd only stand a chance if we went at teams with losinghabits from the off, and that's not in Houstie's nature.

See if Houston did get bagged, I reckon he'd probably end up at Dundee United, pipping Falkirk to the title next season.

Archived