Falkirk v St Mirren

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

Behave. The Falkirk lad fell on the ball and McGinn kicked the ball. It was probably a yellow for being a bit petulant.

My old man said the same. I had a bit of a debate about it with him. McGinn's kicked out petulantly for my liking and caught him too high on his torso to be aiming for the ball. 

Big peters form hasnt been the same in recent weeks. No surprise really though after the injury he suffered last season hes bound to be feeling it a bit. Probably not see the best of him till next season with a full preseason under his belt.

A striker who has scored 3 league goals in two seasons when starting, if he had all of the above you mention, he'd be first name on the first 11....

If Miller could last I'd start with him and Austin but he can't and is better as an impact sub. Would you start Baird before McHugh if you had to start one of them? For me it's McHugh now. He scored today and while I accept he doesn't seem to play as well starting as he does off the bench how much longer can we see Baird get a start 8 goals all season???

4 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

If Miller could last I'd start with him and Austin but he can't and is better as an impact sub. Would you start Baird before McHugh if you had to start one of them? For me it's McHugh now. He scored today and while I accept he doesn't seem to play as well starting as he does off the bench how much longer can we see Baird get a start 8 goals all season???

We've got 6 strikers in the first team squad plus hippo who can also play there. There's no need to start either of them if their not performing.

1 hour ago, JinkyBairn said:

St Mirren's team isn't half packed with pace btw.

Some turnout today from their support as well tbf.

Except Sutton who is a carthorse. Morgan should start next week allowing Smith and Loy to play up front. Now that gives us pace to burn.

57 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

yes big support....but a far lower average attendance than us...cue crowdwank allegations

In our defence we started the season with Rae as manager and performances under him would make your eyes bleed. Attendances only picked up when Jack shifted out 10 of Rae's lot.

A draw was probably a fair result in the end, hopefully it will be an only point for us come the end of the season!

The referee was poor for both sides today, as already mentioned.

Thought Billy was poor today, just doesn't command his area enough for me...just won't come off his line enough & doesn't install enough confidence, he's young & I do like him but he needs to work on that.

Great goal from McGinn & enjoyed the game, it's gonna be a nervy run in but, I think we're up it & can do it!

COYS

We've got 6 strikers in the first team squad plus hippo who can also play there. There's no need to start either of them if their not performing.

I'd love to see hippo and Austin up front but Houston won't do it. Hippo adds most value on the wing. I don't know what happened with ohara he showed promise last season. Sheppard is improving but doesn't have the presence at this stage of the season to start. So it's down to Austin Miller McHugh and Baird. I'm an admirer of Bairds workrate but he needs benched I think when he was last time he came back better. As a pairing I like Miller and Austin but Miller doesn't have the legs and he's a great impact sub to lift the crowd so that leaves Austin and McHugh who are both quick and I think McHugh is a better finisher than Baird. Both are better in the air than Baird.

John Baird can always be relied upon to wind up the opposition supporters. Some Saints' fans were almost reaching a breakdown screaming at the lad.

If you're a top quality striker you can maybe get credit for applauding the away support after getting substituted, unfortunately for baird he was getting subbed cause he's pish.

I'm seriously losing patience with Houston. The grass isn't always greener I know but I just think a new manager for next season with fresh ideas and a different voice with more balls would be better. In saying that I have no clue who and we certainly don't have the money to pay compensation to another club for someone already employed unless it's peanuts. If we ever did go up I wouldn't want Houston in charge, he would be playing 4-6-0 like Levein did, week in week out! He is running scared of a lower end Championship team at HOME never mind a SPL team away!! The board will never sack Houston anyway.

11 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

I'm seriously losing patience with Houston. The grass isn't always greener I know but I just think a new manager for next season with fresh ideas and a different voice with more balls would be better. In saying that I have no clue who and we certainly don't have the money to pay compensation to another club for someone already employed unless it's peanuts. If we ever did go up I wouldn't want Houston in charge, he would be playing 4-6-0 like Levein did, week in week out! He is running scared of a lower end Championship team at HOME never mind a SPL team away!! The board will never sack Houston anyway.

Pretty much agree with all of this. He's a good manager and has done well with us, but he's taken us as far as he can. In the very likely scenario we're in the championship next year then a new manager is a must for me. 

16 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

Yeah I'm definitely getting to point where it's hard to imagine us doing worse with the same squad and and different manager.

The starting 11 today and Houstons reluctance to change things for as long as he did (despite obviously being less effective that saints) is a real concern. We all knew before a ball was kicked that Kerr would be murder and Craigen would flatter to deceive.

Far too predictable. Far too shite. Must do better if we want any success in playoffs.

Folk forgetting how shite we were before Housty came in?

We couldn't even pip Dundee & Hammy to the title ffs.

Houston in his first two years has got us to a Scottish Cup final and a Championship play-off final, in a very difficult league.

Let him have his chance when it will be a level playing field next season.

Archived