Falkirk v St Mirren

McHugh must start before baird

Hopefully he does next week, in the games Falkirk have won he's been absolutely integral, and along with Kerr your best player.
. Two games against teams with nothing to play

There's a reasonable incentive money wise to finish fifth tbf.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thomson in goal, Muirhead, Taiwo and Craigen the only one with pass marks. Craigen our best player. Surprised somebody thought Miller had a good game. Lol. He has 30 mins in him a match, then he is shattered, and does half the running of Baird in that 30. Impact sub at best!!

Right this is my analysis. Don't know what Houston said to them in the dressing room before the game but for the first 15 mins we played as 11 strangers and it was a training exercise for St.Mirren. Defence vs Attack. After we equalised we improved. Second half again we started slowly and nervously! Thomson will be in goals for next 5 years if he keeps improving. Leahy shocking and Gallagher must be in the thoughts again. Leahy was skinned, poor positional defending and distribution dreadful. Grant solid but don't ask him to pass out of defence. Luca ok but always due a bombscare. Muirhead solid but poor bloke is out of position at RB. My defence would be Kidd, Muirhead, Grant, Leahy/Gallagher

3 things:
- how fucking cold was that today?
- does Kerr have dodgy pics of Houston or something?  Every time he plays, he's shit...and brings the entire team down.  I understand the logic of playing another defensive mid, but that only works if said mid can tackle, pass, run or generally function as a professional footballer.  I said the same mid-season - Kerr should only be starting for us if we have no other options
- the referee - that was unquestionably, undoubtedly the worst most one-eyed refereeing display I have ever seen.  The Craigen goal, the missed handballs, the perpetual climbing by the St Mirren players.  We would have won the game were it not for him (that would have been harsh on Smurn who deserved the draw).

You forgot the mallan foul that was never a foul in a million years aswell that got Falkirks 2nd

Muirhead defended ok but he just totally abandons the RM leaving us impotent down that side. And he cost us possession resulting in chamces for them multiple times.

Poor game from Leahy today aswell

Totally disagree with this bairnado. Second half craigen gets in his way down the wing. Muirhead runs down wing quicker than craigen result craigen is on top of him and he has no outlet. Happened several times. I thought craigen played ok by the way

Frustrating day, I thought we were definitely the better side but again poor defending from set pieces costs us.

It's difficult to be too critical as generally I thought we defended well, but two set pieces - the foul given for the second was a joke, but we've still got to do better defending it - and we concede two goals.

I don't remember any other shots on goal from Falkirk. With Morton not able to do us a favour the game against Raith in a fortnight is shaping up to be massive!

So we can play groundhog day with him being poor starting again.
Name me one good game he started this season, you have around 20 to pick from.
St mirren today played against our weakness, pace and energy and Sutton rag dolling our centre halves. We have snail pace no matter what midfield four we have, the one plus point today was Thomson in goals, plenty effort in doses, Leahy had a poor game and Craigen done better on the left again, can't remember the other game similar happened.
Anyone know what happened to Hippo, named as sub and wasnt

Houston will insist on starting with Baird and or McHugh. I understand McHugh hasn't set the heather on fire starting but he did more in his cameo today than Baird did. He looks quicker and has a better touch and finish than Baird. I've put Baird on my timesheet most of the season but he needs benched now. I think he was partly at fault for their second goal too just letting the right back get away from him 35 yards out. His finishing is very predictable. I think I'd start with McHugh and Austin and bring Miller on as a sub.

I want to apologise to pars fans for saying they were pochling their attendances at our game at new year when I think we did the same today. We had about 4200 home seats gone before walk ups today and saints must have had about 1600 and the attendance was only 4700. That's what can happen when you gave cash gates.

Sibbald poor today, seemed off the pace which isn't like him, Kerr past it, Baird runs a hell of a lot but no end product because his final touch in the box is poor when he suddenly panics. I think Houston has sucked the confidence from players like Craigen and Austin by benching them after good games in favour of his favourites like Kerr and Baird. I would play Craigen in the middle of the park. He is the one player with a sweet shot and can look up and find a player. If he had been in the middle of the park and Austin up front 10 games ago their confidence would be far higher. My team but will never see it would be :

Thomson
Kidd Muirhead Grant Leahy/Gallagher
Aird Taiwo Craigen Sibbald
McHugh Austin

Kidding yourself on if you think your players will give a baker's f**k about that.

I don't think they will, the majority are on 1 year contracts though and if they don't get a full time one with us there's not many places to fall down too, both scorers today were players who a couple of weeks ago fans would've been wanting to leave in the summer.

Kerr should be the guy coming on late in the game to shore things up and see it out.  McHugh needs to stay on the bench as he's far better coming off it than starting and Baird is brutal off the bench. Austin has to start . We need to start getting the right mix in the side. If miller plays you need wide men that can beat a man and get the ball in. Without aird or hippo that ain't going to happen. If maybe even look at pairing shepherd with Austin.  The two played well in the dev squad together and Baird no scored for weeks. The blend in the middle ain't right either.  We desperately need McKee back to sort that out. I reckon he and taiwo would be a good mix. At the back I don't think it's the right time to bring young Gallacher back  Seconds there for the taking but we need to get better quickly if we're going to do anything in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Went along as a neutral in the end after bailing on the Pars.

Entertaining game and a fair result. St Mirren brought a great crowd through. Their second goal was tremendous. 

Other than the disallowed goal looking soft, I felt the ref was alright. I think you're all a little bit biased.

Inbreeding has clearly affected your eyesight

Archived