Falkirk v St Mirren

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stu said:

Said before the game I'd have been happy with a point, however frustrating to draw after being ahead twice. The Raith result is a blow but not entirely unexpected after we thumped Morton during the week.

Today should act as a reminder it was always unlikely to be straightforward.

Dumbarton being 2nd bottom now shows there will be a few twists and turns yet.

See how tonights game goes before we can declare if its been a decent day or not. 4 points from our last 2 away games is a decent return.

Just now, lanky_ffc said:

The XI we had on when he made his first two subs is the one that should have started today. Got out of jail a bit scoring from two set plays and did our usual where we show no urgency until the last 20 minutes of games. Massive improvement needed if we're to do anything in the play-offs.

It's the same every week. Wrong starting line-up subs on to get us back in the game.

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

St Mirren are some bunch of lads. Helped us to the title and got top boys like Stephen McGinn in the squad. Hope they win it next year x

Repay us by wining your next two and then lying down on the final day. Cheers.

No.15 for Falkirk best player on the park. Tremendous goal by McGinn.

Never a foul for Falkirk's second Aird wasn't interested in the ball, he was half way down to the ground by the time Mallan got near him.

Sutton was at fault for the first goal, the free kick was wildly over hit and no.15 dominated in every battle including that one. Keeper can't take the blame for that.

Thought a point was fair today, the midfield aside from Magennis was poor and O'Brien flapped at both goals. Sutton offered nothing unfortunately, hopefully Morgan is fit enough to start against United and Smith can play in behind Loy up front again.

Fair result IMO. St.Mirren are better than both Dundee Utd and Morton. Their run in is difficult but having now seen them I think they will have enough to stay up. I actually think they will get something at Tannadice.

The starting line up was again the problem for me. Hopefully now we have seen the last of Baird and Kerr, both are finished.

The decision to give a foul against Austin when Craigen scored summed that c**t Thomson up. He was shocking for both teams.

I actually fancy us for 2nd now. Dundee Utd and Morton play last game so something has to give there. Two games against teams with nothing to play for and a chance to relegate Dumbarton.

For us today I thought Luca, Muirhead and Miller did well. Grant struggled with Sutton but when Luca went on him is stopped that threat.

The lad McGennis is a top player

3 things:

- how fucking cold was that today?

- does Kerr have dodgy pics of Houston or something?  Every time he plays, he's shit...and brings the entire team down.  I understand the logic of playing another defensive mid, but that only works if said mid can tackle, pass, run or generally function as a professional footballer.  I said the same mid-season - Kerr should only be starting for us if we have no other options

- the referee - that was unquestionably, undoubtedly the worst most one-eyed refereeing display I have ever seen.  The Craigen goal, the missed handballs, the perpetual climbing by the St Mirren players.  We would have won the game were it not for him (that would have been harsh on Smurn who deserved the draw).

26 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

McHugh must start before baird

So we can play groundhog day with him being poor starting again.

Name me one good game he started this season, you have around 20 to pick from.

St mirren today played against our weakness, pace and energy and Sutton rag dolling our centre halves. We have snail pace no matter what midfield four we have, the one plus point today was Thomson in goals, plenty effort in doses, Leahy had a poor game and Craigen done better on the left again, can't remember the other game similar happened.

Anyone know what happened to Hippo, named as sub and wasnt

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

St mirren today played against our weakness, pace and energy and Sutton rag dolling our centre halves. We have snail pace no matter what midfield four we have, the one plus point today was Thomson in goals, plenty effort in doses, Leahy had a poor game and Craigen done better on the left again, can't remember the other game similar happened.

McHugh cant start games hes been poor every time hes started...hes just one of those supersub david fairclough types that makes a huge impact from the bench

2-2 was a fair reflection of the game I thought. St Mirren were one of the best sides to come to TFS this season and I'm sure they'll stay up. I thought the ref was quite kind to us for the first 40 minutes or so...then proceeded to give us absolutely f**k all for the rest of the match. Some outstandingly bad decisions, and even managed to inexplicably rule out a perfectly good goal. Kerr and Baird are finished now btw, can we send them back to queen of the south? 

Soz bairdy ye were shite again. Get dropped.

Archived