Falkirk v St Mirren

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Hippo is fucking pish. 

Typical winger with consistency the usual problem, he can seriously rape a full back, following week and he's got his boots tied together and does come across as being uninterested, he's got the attributes to do more and he does have a chip on his shoulder as proven with us and Livvy, the better players usually have.

53 minutes ago, Div said:

Don't really like seeing us go all billy big baws, we are still in a relegation battle and we shouldn't forget that!

The bookies I'll guess will have you down for 3pts in the next 4 games, they do say the bookies are never wrong...

The timing of the remaining games for St Mirren aren't great, still doesn't matter a jot if St Mirren perform but bar the Hibs game(league trophy tho) the opposition should be up for it.

38 minutes ago, FTOF said:

There has been huge pressure on us since we were eight points behind our nearest relegation rivals (Ayr).

The team are well used to it.

Even though we're now four points ahead of Ayr and we're in a much better situation, I'm sure the players will be able to respond in a positive manner, in a game that has less pressure on it compared to Tuesday's game.

Arguably there is less pressure on us than there has been for a while - the last few months have all been must win stuff and a defeat would be a disaster, however that isn't the case on Saturday. The flip side is we now have something to lose, which wasn't the situation a week ago.

Hopefully the players are still focused after a derby win getting us out of the bottom two rather than thinking the job is done. The comments from Ross and Sutton suggest there's nothing to worry about on that score.

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Typical winger with consistency the usual problem, he can seriously rape a full back, following week and he's got his boots tied together and does come across as being uninterested, he's got the attributes to do more and he does have a chip on his shoulder as proven with us and Livvy, the better players usually have.

The bookies I'll guess will have you down for 3pts in the next 4 games, they do say the bookies are never wrong...

The timing of the remaining games for St Mirren aren't great, still doesn't matter a jot if St Mirren perform but bar the Hibs game(league trophy tho) the opposition should be up for it.

Ayr should have been up for it and were not. Morton should have been more up for it than any team seeing it was also a derby and, by all reports, were not. Queen of the South had sod all to play for but were the better side for most of the first half against us. This league is just ridiculously unpredictable at the moment.

On paper the case could be made for Saturday being our hardest remaining game as, after us, Falkirk are the form team in the league. Wouldn't be unhappy happy with a draw.

Yes mate you aren't going to get me disagreeing it's been great fun but we should be under no illusions about how tough a game we have on our hands on Sat.

Don't really like seeing us go all billy big baws, we are still in a relegation battle and we shouldn't forget that!

No billy big baws from me Div. I know it will be tough. But our defence has improved substantially. We may lose goals but we no longer wrap them up in Xmas paper. Should be an open game and one I am looking forward to. See you there :)

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Ayr should have been up for it and were not. Morton should have been more up for it than any team seeing it was also a derby and, by all reports, were not. Queen of the South had sod all to play for but were the better side for most of the first half against us. This league is just ridiculously unpredictable at the moment.

On paper the case could be made for Saturday being our hardest remaining game as, after us, Falkirk are the form team in the league. Wouldn't be unhappy happy with a draw.

Ayr are very hot or cold, Morton's bubble has burst for now and Queens (see Ayr)

You'd rather play Hibs like Ayr will in a non event in a couple of weeks, it depends what Ayr will turn up tho.

As for us on Saturday, I very much doubt Aird will start, it will be Craigen or my prediction of Taiwo, if Houstie watched St mirren's danger on the left on Tuesday, he loves a cancel job.

Even though we're now four points ahead of Ayr and we're in a much better situation, I'm sure the players will be able to respond in a positive manner, in a game that has less pressure on it compared to Tuesday's game.

Steady on champ, we are only 3 points ahead of Ayr!

19 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

This will be my first time driving to an away game at Falkirk. Where's best to park?

come off the motorway go right at the earlsgate roundabout and as you drive towards the stadium where the car garages are on your left turn right into the industrial estate, anywhere in there is fine.

2 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

That time St Mirren humped us 2-zip on that relegation decider was absolutely boak.

IMG_0303-2.png

i still have flashbacks from that game more so this week and fear the worst, their fans came in numbers and outsang us the whole 90. i just pray houstie puts out an attacking line up and takes the game to them.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Ayr are very hot or cold, Morton's bubble has burst for now and Queens (see Ayr)

You'd rather play Hibs like Ayr will in a non event in a couple of weeks, it depends what Ayr will turn up tho.

As for us on Saturday, I very much doubt Aird will start, it will be Craigen or my prediction of Taiwo, if Houstie watched St mirren's danger on the left on Tuesday, he loves a cancel job.

I think Eckersley will be back as Stellios,Hero that he is can be a good sub to bring on and Steady Adam will be in

It's got to be Stelios. He played a blinder v Hibs, scored 2 and was then dropped. He was excellent v Morton scoring 1 and should have had a second. You can't keep dropping players after a good performance. Eck lost his place due to his own stupidity. Let Stelios start.

12 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

That time St Mirren humped us 2-zip on that relegation decider was absolutely boak.

IMG_0303-2.png

I remember being at that game and thinking, how the f**k are St Mirren at the bottom of the league when they can play like that?

Probably still the best away performance I have witnessed at the Falkirk stadium, it was relentless attacking. Falkirk couldn't get out their own box.

I remember being at that game and thinking, how the f**k are St Mirren at the bottom of the league when they can play like that?

Probably still the best away performance I have witnessed at the Falkirk stadium, it was relentless attacking. Falkirk couldn't get out their own box.

Nothing like the best away performance. Aberdeen 5-0 in the league cup, Hibs scudded us 5-0 in the Scottish cup and Celtic thumped us 4-1 in the league were all miles better than that imo

Archived