Falkirk v St Mirren

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That you would compare him now to the player who left Livi suggests you just dont like him. If you cant acknowledge his contribution this season, especially his goals during the more turgid spells of the season, then i would tend to wonder if you have even watched him/us play

Missed 3 games aw season, sur. Just fed up of the hype. Chucked it at Hibs.. mince at Tannadice. Craigen's form has been better coming off the bench.. Lewis Kidd has been dynamite recently (big miss on Saturday) but he still gets stick. Don't understand how folk can still fancy Hippo when he's pretty poor 2 outta 3. 

Missed 3 games aw season, sur. Just fed up of the hype. Chucked it at Hibs.. mince at Tannadice. Craigen's form has been better coming off the bench.. Lewis Kidd has been dynamite recently (big miss on Saturday) but he still gets stick. Don't understand how folk can still fancy Hippo when he's pretty poor 2 outta 3. 

Bizarre statement unless you are on the wind up. No one in the squad has more goals and assists than hippo this season and he's missed quite a bit of game time. His goals to minutes ratio as a midfielder is actually better than Baird a striker!

I wouldn't say he's pish, there's definitely an attitude problem but. Fix that and we'd have some player.

Hippo's not pish and I don't think he has an attitude problem either.

He has been a bit over hyped IMO though and I think that maybe gets to his head a wee bit. He often tries things that aren't likely to come off, sometimes just outside our own box, which really rips my knitting! He seems to drift in and out of games a bit too however he definitely has talent but just needs to work on doing the simple things when required.

He may be poor on Saturday but he's just as likely to play a major part in our performance.

7 goals from LM as well as plenty of assists/chances created so far, aye Hippo must be pish :lol:

Other than Sibbald, Andreu and Forbes, no other midfielder has managed better

Not an attitude problem either. Works hard tracking back. Struggles against a full back with pace but has given the majority a roasting this season

Gets it tight from our support sometimes, mainly for pissing about with it in the left back area and occasionally shiteing out of 50/50 challenges. Didn't play well on Saturday but you heard the reaction of our support when Houston took him off. 

2 hours ago, Div said:

I agree we are being overhyped by the media. We're on a good run of form but at the end of the day we are still leaking goals so to win games we're having to score at least 2 which is not always going to happen, particularly away from home against a side who are as solid as Falkirk.

Some stats worth bearing in mind ahead of Saturday.

Saints have only kept two clean sheets away from home all season, albeit they have both come inside our last 4 games on the road, whereas Falkirk have only failed to score in 1 of their last 29 home games in The Championship and that was the recent 0-1 loss to Morton.

I'd be very happy with a point on Saturday.

I don't mind 'leaking goals' when the scores are 6-2 and 4-1 to us. The defence is about a 100% improvement from pre-Jan. We lose goals now because we are so busy attacking to score more than the opposition. On Tuesday we lost a goal because Stelios was too busy having pot-shots at Morton's goal. Give me that any day.

20 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

I don't mind 'leaking goals' when the scores are 6-2 and 4-1 to us. The defence is about a 100% improvement from pre-Jan. We lose goals now because we are so busy attacking to score more than the opposition. On Tuesday we lost a goal because Stelios was too busy having pot-shots at Morton's goal. Give me that any day.

We've scored 31 goals in all competitions since the end of January - in 14 games. Conceded 15 in those 14 games.

We scored 42 goals in all competitions up to the end of January - in 31 games. Conceded 51 in those 31 games.

Huge improvement on both scoring and conceding goals.

I agree we are being overhyped by the media. We're on a good run of form but at the end of the day we are still leaking goals so to win games we're having to score at least 2 which is not always going to happen, particularly away from home against a side who are as solid as Falkirk.
Some stats worth bearing in mind ahead of Saturday.
Saints have only kept two clean sheets away from home all season, albeit they have both come inside our last 4 games on the road, whereas Falkirk have only failed to score in 1 of their last 29 home games in The Championship and that was the recent 0-1 loss to Morton.
I'd be very happy with a point on Saturday.

I think there is huge pressure on St.Mirren on Saturday, much more than us.

We are guaranteed the playoffs, ok 2nd is a must for a chance of going up but I still think the Premiership team will ultimate prevail.

If, however, St.Mirren lose, they have still to go to Tannadice, best home record in the league, and Easter Road who will be on trophy duty that day. They have a very tough run in.

Yes mate you aren't going to get me disagreeing it's been great fun but we should be under no illusions about how tough a game we have on our hands on Sat.

Don't really like seeing us go all billy big baws, we are still in a relegation battle and we shouldn't forget that!

40 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think there is huge pressure on St.Mirren on Saturday, much more than us.

There has been huge pressure on us since we were eight points behind our nearest relegation rivals (Ayr).

The team are well used to it.

Even though we're now four points ahead of Ayr and we're in a much better situation, I'm sure the players will be able to respond in a positive manner, in a game that has less pressure on it compared to Tuesday's game.

Archived