Falkirk v St Mirren

It's difficult to read this game. Last time we met at tfs st mirrens were good first half and 1-0 up then go down to ten men and we score 3 times second half to win 3-1. If they hadn't gone down to 10 men who knows? That was also a game that Rankin was dire first half and hooked for sibbald at half time so maybe that changed it? McCracken played too and we are stronger at centre of defence now. St mirrens on great form and buoyed by last night falkurk on decentish form and at home looking to secure second. I think this could be our most difficult fixture left as saints are on form and have something to play for. It will depend on what team houstie puts out but I'd not be desperately disappointed with a draw especially given Morton and United still to play each other. The right team goes out with the right attitude and home advantage could see us sneak it

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

It's difficult to read this game. Last time we met at tfs st mirrens were good first half and 1-0 up then go down to ten men and we score 3 times second half to win 3-1. If they hadn't gone down to 10 men who knows? That was also a game that Rankin was dire first half and hooked for sibbald at half time so maybe that changed it? McCracken played too and we are stronger at centre of defence now. St mirrens on great form and buoyed by last night falkurk on decentish form and at home looking to secure second. I think this could be our most difficult fixture left as saints are on form and have something to play for. It will depend on what team houstie puts out but I'd not be desperately disappointed with a draw especially given Morton and United still to play each other. The right team goes out with the right attitude and home advantage could see us sneak it

I'd like to think that game would remind Houston of the folly of playing a defensive midfield in this match. Mind you you sometimes wonder whether we take anything from previous matches . Take the DU game for instance. 

They had all their world beaters in when we won in Paisley, it was McGinn's first game.

As Marsh points out they had made up little ground on us over the months which tells me there is little between the sides now.

It is the sort of games Houston's teams seem to do well in.

I listened to Jim Duffy's interview on the BBC.

It tells me Austin will most certainly play maybe even with Shepherd beside him.

They had all their world beaters in when we won in Paisley, it was McGinn's first game.
As Marsh points out they had made up little ground on us over the months which tells me there is little between the sides now.
It is the sort of games Houston's teams seem to do well in.
I listened to Jim Duffy's interview on the BBC.
It tells me Austin will most certainly play maybe even with Shepherd beside him.

Will you bet your car on it now that you have no house to bet with?

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Ayr and raith only picking up 15 and 10 points since then made the difference or saints poor form at the beginning of Ross's tenure wouldve probably snookered them.

Assuming our form had stayed the same, surely we'd just have hauled in different teams? That's the way a football league works. Not everyone can win.

50 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Really looking forward to this. Hope St Mirren bring a big crowd.

Oh I think you will be impressed. Away games since January have been great and well attended with a great atmosphere. Better than Home games actually. Maybe not as many as last night but there should be a good following.

5 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

Give wee kev a cameo after that hat trick, Austin & Craigen must start. I'd also be inclined to bring Kidd back if fit. Luca should be dropped but we don't have a replacement. If we play the way everyone knows we can it's three points. Kerr and Baird on the bench pls.

By the sounds of this marauding left back that St Mirren have, I think our RB would be hung out to dry if Craigen starts, especially if it's Kidd! It's got to be Aird for me.

Confidence will be high after last nights demolition of the "famous" Greenock Morton but this will be a very tough game. Would be happy enough with a point but we seem to be playing without fear, and the togetherness between the team & fans is clear to see....

Definitely our toughest test in the remaining games, so be an absolute cracker!

COYS!!

Just don't think he's a very good defender and he's not got the pace to get back if he loses the ball high up the pitch.

Don't get me wrong I'm not one of the Craigen haters, I actually think the guy is quite a good player but I would prefer to see Aird in on this occasion. 

41 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Looking well big man, but you should have the dug with you.

It was lost in a bet on our Chairman's sanity I am afraid

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Oh I think you will be impressed. Away games since January have been great and well attended with a great atmosphere. Better than Home games actually. Maybe not as many as last night but there should be a good following.

Let's hae yees.

Our Chairman was asked about McKee's fitness, this was his response:

“He is young Leopold, as in a retrospective arrangement, a mirror within a mirror (hey, presto!), he beholdeth himself. That young figure of then is seen, precious manly, walking on a nipping morning from the old house in Clambrassil to the high school, his book satchel on him bandolier wise, and in it a goodly hunk of wheaten loaf, a mother’s thought.”

Just don't think he's a very good defender and he's not got the pace to get back if he loses the ball high up the pitch.
Don't get me wrong I'm not one of the Craigen haters, I actually think the guy is quite a good player but I would prefer to see Aird in on this occasion. 

I agree with this. I think craigen is actually a more finessed player than aird but on this occasion would prefer the speed of aird and Muirhead on the right and hippo and Leahy left side

Archived