Glens v Bonnyrigg and Bonnyrigg v Glens - SCOTTISH JUNIOR CUP SEMI FINAL

AftonArmy1994

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TheAftonArmyBear said:

slope looked weird but didnae think it affected anything really

aye was a bus load of hibs fans still greeting after getting beat fae the sheep and throwing bricks and bottles ( and damaging locals cars/vans in the process tells it all ) sour grapes so they take it out oan the first strangers they see. Animals. 

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 22:37, Red Rose said:

I would be disappointed if we didn't get through this tie over 2 legs. 

How would you feel?

Ye ragin mate.

aye was a bus load of hibs fans still greeting after getting beat fae the sheep and throwing bricks and bottles ( and damaging locals cars/vans in the process tells it all ) sour grapes so they take it out oan the first strangers they see. Animals. 

Not disputing your version of events as I came out a different exit and missed the war zone, but this seems bizarre. Hibs buses have come and gone to hampden from Bonnyrigg many times over the last decade without incident.

3 hours ago, TheAftonArmyBear said:

An interesting version of events.

Your lot were impeccably behaved

19 hours ago, Bul2 said:

Well done pal in getting to the final , just the taliban to beat now ......... a different story

Thanks Bul2 can only try on the day best team spirit ive seen in a Glens team in a long time.

I suppose a bottle of buckies better than a burnt spoon.

There's proportionately more drugs related deaths in Ayrshire and arran than there is in the Lothians, so I guess that makes you the ill educated spoon burners too ????[emoji573]

On the subject of Buckie obviously canny comment on the events at the game and what happened afterwards but stopped off the m74 on Saturday afternoon to a wee village in Lanarkshire to find the shopkeeper trying to sell me a bottle of buckfast. The lad in front just bought one and here's me thinking buckfast was a myth and was nae that popular. Must be a west thing :D

Congratulations and good luck to Glenafton in the final. 

Well that's the 'big' team pumped right out the Scottish by our Super Afton!  Have to say over the 2 legs we were by far the team that wanted this the most, our passion and desire to win everything and get in the faces of the Rose players and not let them settle on the ball was unbelievable.  Ally Park must have coveted every blade of grass out there twice, he has the engine to just run an run all day long out there and sets a great example in our squad to get to his levels of fitness.  Big Chessy & Zee were solid, and totally nullified the big blonde centre forward for Rose who showed nothing at all across the two games except that he could probably compete in the diving events with Tom Daley.  But above all safe hands McGarrity plucked every single ball out the sky all game.  

Now its onto the Talbot in a repeat of the 92 final.  I saw 1 of our young ladies was saying about trying to get the juniors association to mark the occasion in memory of Big Sam with a minutes applause, and have to say I think this should not be in doubt.  We all loved to hate the big man when he was in the black & gold but he played for us too and in all honesty we only 'hated' him coz we wanted him in Afton colours.  

Guest Bonnyrigg Vid
1 hour ago, AftonArmy1994 said:

Well that's the 'big' team pumped right out the Scottish by our Super Afton!  Have to say over the 2 legs we were by far the team that wanted this the most, our passion and desire to win everything and get in the faces of the Rose players and not let them settle on the ball was unbelievable.  Ally Park must have coveted every blade of grass out there twice, he has the engine to just run an run all day long out there and sets a great example in our squad to get to his levels of fitness.  Big Chessy & Zee were solid, and totally nullified the big blonde centre forward for Rose who showed nothing at all across the two games except that he could probably compete in the diving events with Tom Daley.  But above all safe hands McGarrity plucked every single ball out the sky all game.  

Now its onto the Talbot in a repeat of the 92 final.  I saw 1 of our young ladies was saying about trying to get the juniors association to mark the occasion in memory of Big Sam with a minutes applause, and have to say I think this should not be in doubt.  We all loved to hate the big man when he was in the black & gold but he played for us too and in all honesty we only 'hated' him coz we wanted him in Afton colours.  

Come on, lets be honest here, there was nothing much between the two sides. Pumped!!!! I would beg to differ.

The only real difference between the two teams over both legs was a deflected goal.  

Archived