Glens v Bonnyrigg and Bonnyrigg v Glens - SCOTTISH JUNIOR CUP SEMI FINAL

AftonArmy1994

Not a Bonnyrigg fan but a local who likes the big cup games. Glens were a very well disciplined side and gave nothing away. At kickoff, if they held what they had from last week then job done. From a neutral p.o.v. would like to have seen McIntosh's header go in, looked like a sitter to me. 

Glens played better football over the two legs but struggle to see why Bonnyrigg are called a long ball team, both teams punted it when they needed to, Rose got down both wings and played through the middle but did rely on the ball up to McGachie too much. Last half hour though, Glens were only seen on the break. As somebody else said, one mistake over two games was the difference but I understand somebody else saying west teams have more resilience.

Good luck to Glens in the final, I'll probably show up for it. Hope it's not RP like last year though...

edit: I thought the atmosphere was pretty flat today, not a patch on the games v Dumbarton, Cove, Kirkie etc.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, HonestMan1988 said:

Well done Glenafton stood up well to the extreme long ball tactics from Bonnyrigg. Bonnyrigg threw everything at Glenafton but the Glens defended resolutely.

Good job you were well rested at work this week buddy well played all the lads were superb

congratulations to Glenafton reaching the final and defeating all East Teams to get there, that might be a first?

When did East Kilbride Thistle move to the East leagues ?

I would rather play on our ploughed field than your circus atraction every day of the week.
As for the teams. Sauchie and Blackburn  gave us a better game in the cup this year.

I'm sure our groundsman could lend you a lawnmower though, seeing as yours must be broken [emoji848]

Not read every1 else's comments but fair play 2 glenafton today. Still firmly believe we r a better side but we didn't perform over the 2 legs so no complaints here. What a defensive performance from yous boys today thought u wer solid, pretty much nullified mcgachie and doing that takes a massive part out of our game. Decisions may have cost us last week but we had 90 mins today 2 rectify it and just didn't do it. Hope you boys go on 2 win it now cos lets be honest no1 likes Talbot. 1 wee thing that was poor about today was the boy wi the glasses at the end giving it the big 1, was always gonna start a riot and the fact it coincided wi a hibs bus just arriving back made it complete and utter chaos. Seen a few of the bonnyrigg boys in the pub later on and every1 just seemed 2 have a few cuts and bruises hopefully it's the same at ur side and no1 is seriously hurt (seen a few boys get a right leathering and 1 boy in the orange/red jacket looked in a bad way by the side of the church, not sure if that was the boy in the glasses or not?) Shame he caused trouble cos coming 2 Bonnyrigg and doing that is only gonna go 1 way, but apart fi that there was a decent spirit about the game fi both fans and the few glens boys I did get a chance 2 speak to seemed good guys. Wish you's all the best 4 the rest of the season, maybe a wee bit humble pie at the side but it's 1 of those that again could have been for us. We'll see yous in the final next year tho

38 minutes ago, Eastcoaster said:

Not read every1 else's comments but fair play 2 glenafton today. Still firmly believe we r a better side but we didn't perform over the 2 legs so no complaints here. What a defensive performance from yous boys today thought u wer solid, pretty much nullified mcgachie and doing that takes a massive part out of our game. Decisions may have cost us last week but we had 90 mins today 2 rectify it and just didn't do it. Hope you boys go on 2 win it now cos lets be honest no1 likes Talbot. 1 wee thing that was poor about today was the boy wi the glasses at the end giving it the big 1, was always gonna start a riot and the fact it coincided wi a hibs bus just arriving back made it complete and utter chaos. Seen a few of the bonnyrigg boys in the pub later on and every1 just seemed 2 have a few cuts and bruises hopefully it's the same at ur side and no1 is seriously hurt (seen a few boys get a right leathering and 1 boy in the orange/red jacket looked in a bad way by the side of the church, not sure if that was the boy in the glasses or not?) Shame he caused trouble cos coming 2 Bonnyrigg and doing that is only gonna go 1 way, but apart fi that there was a decent spirit about the game fi both fans and the few glens boys I did get a chance 2 speak to seemed good guys. Wish you's all the best 4 the rest of the season, maybe a wee bit humble pie at the side but it's 1 of those that again could have been for us. We'll see yous in the final next year tho

Biggest load of shite ive read on here... justifying violence as what happens in bonnyrigg is just bullshit and ive never heard of any in countless years..... over the last few seasons of bonnyriggs rise to success its been well documented about gans turning up for the big game's and behaviour being a bit off....it hardly merits the justification of street battles

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

who are they? 

Broxburn,Livingston,Dundee Violet, East Kilbride, Dunbar, Sauchie,Bonnyrigg.  A Fair selection of East teams we have played probably Dunbar and Sauchie the most difficult to get past.:)

22 minutes ago, magoo said:

Biggest load of shite ive read on here... justifying violence as what happens in bonnyrigg is just bullshit and ive never heard of any in countless years..... over the last few seasons of bonnyriggs rise to success its been well documented about gans turning up for the big game's and behaviour being a bit off....it hardly merits the justification of street battles

Where did I say I was justifying it?  I'm saying acting as the guy did was always gonna cos trouble. No matter what team that was today the way the guy acted was inviting trouble and there's a few guys from Bonnyrigg that accepted that invite just as there would be at Talbot, Bo'ness, Musselburgh from what I've seen with my own eyes. Every team has its fair share of bams as we've seen today from both sides but think it could easily have been avoided if the glens guy didn't act as he did

2 minutes ago, Eastcoaster said:

Where did I say I was justifying it?  I'm saying acting as the guy did was always gonna cos trouble. No matter what team that was today the way the guy acted was inviting trouble and there's a few guys from Bonnyrigg that accepted that invite just as there would be at Talbot, Bo'ness, Musselburgh from what I've seen with my own eyes. Every team has its fair share of bams as we've seen today from both sides but think it could easily have been avoided if the glens guy didn't act as he did

4 posts and this is what you have to say, behave yourself and go to bed. Dont distract from what was an excellent Scottish cup tie between two well matched teams.

8 minutes ago, Eastcoaster said:

Well you seem to contradict yourself by saying every team has there bams (true) but in someway coming to bonnyrigg it has a reputation if kicking off.... if every team has there bams they should be ignored snd laughed at.not full on violence at non league level......

What a great achievement for the Glens, at start of season, a lot of people's favourites for relegation (along with Rob Roy), now in final of the Scottish and still all to play for in the league! Cannot praise the boys enough, well done to one and all, But, nothing won yet, let's do it boys!!! [emoji3]

I would be disappointed if we didn't get through this tie over 2 legs. 
How would you feel?

They seek him here - they seek him there - they seek Red Rose every where! For every other big rose fan I wanted bonnyrigg to get to the final. For you, alias SCARLET PIMPERNEL, get it right up yeah!

14 hours ago, Eastcoaster said:

Nobody likes us?

Archived