Glens v Bonnyrigg and Bonnyrigg v Glens - SCOTTISH JUNIOR CUP SEMI FINAL

AftonArmy1994

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Heard there was a bit of fisticuffs after the match. The last time we were up there the police marched the local neds down to where our buses were parked.

Nipple bum it takes two tae tango and what I've heard they banged inty a Hibs bus coming back fae Hampden so let's no go doon that road,arms and legs,as for the game Glens defence was solid and the goalie picked everything out of the air that came his way.

Glenafton fully deserved this result today,  we played the more attractive football, and Bonnyrigg played as expected continual long high balls to their centre forward from the first minute to final minute, the Glens never allowed them any time on the ball and they ran out of ideas.  A superb performance by every single Glenafton player today. 

2 minutes ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

Glenafton fully deserved this result today,  we played the more attractive football, and Bonnyrigg played as expected continual long high balls to their centre forward from the first minute to final minute, the Glens never allowed them any time on the ball and they ran out of ideas.  A superb performance by every single Glenafton player today. 

Fair play mate and won't take it away fae you,it looked like the Rose were never gonny score tbh and as a say yer defence in particular done their job,in saying that there wisny millions a chances at both ends.

Superb atmosphere from both sets of supporters, two evenly matched teams and nothing between them , but having our park taking a bit of stick from Rose support its only fair i mention your slope , i would in the future not critisise other teams grounds  when you have a dry ski slope for a pitch. Good luck to Bonnyrigg for the rest of the season.

29 minutes ago, wingnut said:

Nipple bum it takes two tae tango and what I've heard they banged inty a Hibs bus coming back fae Hampden so let's no go doon that road,arms and legs,as for the game Glens defence was solid and the goalie picked everything out of the air that came his way.

Still a bit raw Ringnuts. fed up getting pumped by Easy Ayrshire sides. As I said if their was an East/West Super league then top East sides Bo'ness and Kelty might be up their challenging for a sixth or seventh place. #Dipllesonthevoddie

5 minutes ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

Superb atmosphere from both sets of supporters, two evenly matched teams and nothing between them , but having our park taking a bit of stick from Rose support its only fair i mention your slope , i would in the future not critisise other teams grounds  when you have a dry ski slope for a pitch. Good luck to Bonnyrigg for the rest of the season.

We play in that slope every second week mate and never hear a word fae teams thru here.

2 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Still a bit raw Ringnuts. fed up getting pumped by Easy Ayrshire sides. As I said if their was an East/West Super league then top East sides Bo'ness and Kelty might be up their challenging for a sixth or seventh place. #Dipllesonthevoddie

Nipple where ye get the easy Ayrshire shit fae beats me,I've been doon at your place a couple of times and the natives can be nippy sweeties apart fae A.M.

Where do I start?

Just as in 2012, the first goal proved crucial. Just as in 2012, we suffered a red card in the away leg that was entirely down to the crappest standard refereeing.

In fact throw in a penalty award against us in each year too, and it's easy to draw a conclusion of the more things change, the more things stay the same.

But, that said, Glenafton worked like trojans and stopped the rose from scoring which was all they had to do. The rose in contrast knew that without a goal they were out, and possibly didn't do enough early enough - but - I suspect the memory of pollok last year lived long and the prospect of losing the first goal and then having to score twice for penalties against a team as good as glenafton was going to be a mountain.

And Glenafton are good, but rose have beaten comfortably better sides this season in Dumbarton, cove rangers & turiff. I dare say we'll beat kelty too shortly, but hey ho.

Not convinced with the two leg format. I think it produces a first game where both sides just want to still be in it for the second leg. In that case, I wouldn't bother with a neutral venue and play it at the home of the first drawn out. 2 goals in 4 games says it all, not pretty.

Also thought bonnyrigg should have done better in the final third. They got there okay, but seemed to lack incisiveness when they got there. Surprising.

8 minutes ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

It might be a slope but the surface was superb as always, unlike that ploughed field we were treated to last week :whistle

Think wingnuts got it spot on, we never looked like scoring today bar one real opportunity for McIntosh.

One misplaced pass over 180 minutes was the difference between the teams, would it have been different if we'd finished with 11 men last week, who knows, but bottom line is you have to create chances and take them and we just didn't do that. Glenafton keeper came and collected everything that was put into the box but we kept trying the same thing time and time again. Alan Horne was the stand out for me in the Bonnyrigg team, presume he picked up a knock otherwise can't understand why we took him off when he was the only one creating anything.

Onwards now to league duty on Monday night, hopefully the team have something left in the tank to pick up 3 points and continue the pursuit of Kelty.

18 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Not going inty shite wae ye mate,aye am hurting,I dare say you'll go on and win it noo.

Not this season we wouldn't! Won today though! [emoji1][emoji106]

On Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 22:05, Van magic said:

As a said I'm trying to keep away from the sour grapes we didn't perform if that's down to glenafton a don't know hats off you won just felt we weren't get a lot of calls from the ref and the big call with Turner a hope to see again your left back looked lucky to still be on the park.
Thanks to all the the bowling club great hosts hope the made a good few quid out it today emoji1417.pngemoji1417.png

I would rather play on our ploughed field than your circus atraction every day of the week.

As for the teams. Sauchie and Blackburn  gave us a better game in the cup this year.

Bonnyrigg no 8 and 6 did really well, winning almost every second ball.
Glens dug in and defended well and worked incredibly hard, particularly John Carter up front.
Centre back pairing were also excellent. Really proud of glens and Talbot for showing how strong the west region is.
I believe all the trouble stemmed from a bus load of unhappy hibees returning from Hampden.
Game was played in a good spirit and no trouble between the two sets of jnr fans from what I saw.
Also though the quality of the pitch was excellent and overall very little between the teams.

Archived