Just now, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Sadly we have only beaten Thistle in the now confirmed "top six"

our return against the top five is abysmal...... 2 draws/points out of 45........hence why we are currently sitting in the playoff position

all the rest of the bottom six have won 2/3 and have upwards of 9 points against the top 5....ICT the only one to take a point from selik

On the plus side that should stand you in good stead in the bottom 6 battle. I think Killie are almost certainly safe and I expect Ross County and Motherwell to have enough. Dundee and Hamilton for the playoff spot, Inverness have bottom tied up I think. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're seven clear of Caley now, so I'd like to think the automatic relegation spot is now something we'll not drop into. 

I think we need two wins to be safe- can we get them? I hope so. We've certainly got the goals in Boyce and Schalk but we've got Routis, VDW and McEveley to help teams with mistakes.

I'm not saying that'll be us safe, but if we beat Caley next week I think we'll stay up. Would likely put us 7 off bottom and at least level with everybody else other than Killie. Obviously the job would be far from over but I think we'll be able to better at least one of Accies/Dundee/County over the last 5 games, even if it is by the skin of our teeth.

Reckon this season will see record low point totals for the teams finishing 8th/9th/10th though, would imagine at least 2 of them will stay up with less than 40 points.

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm not saying that'll be us safe, but if we beat Caley next week I think we'll stay up. Would likely put us 7 off bottom and at least level with everybody else other than Killie. Obviously the job would be far from over but I think we'll be able to better at least one of Accies/Dundee/County over the last 5 games, even if it is by the skin of our teeth.

Reckon this season will see record low point totals for the teams finishing 8th/9th/10th though, would imagine at least 2 of them will stay up with less than 40 points.

Just to cheer you up..........seen who's in charge on Saturday .........the Clown Collum

Beaton last week an now Collum FFS 

2 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

"The financial gap from place-to-place is then £52,750".

Scraps relative to the top 6 positions perhaps, but still well worth fechting for as it'll affect the size of squad you can afford; or whatever else your club prioritises.

For most clubs that's the wages for a new player for a season. Not for Ro$$ Bounty of course.

So Killie are due home games against ICT, Hamilton, Dundee and R County, (we'll likely only get 3 of those). We've been in the camp of playing more away than home a couple of times so it'll be interesting to see how this goes.

Personally, for the team to play 3 times away I'd take Hamilton because it's closer and I haven't seen us lose there for a while.

14 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Do we get to play when the Scottish cup semis are on? Would get rid of a midweek game.

Wouldn't have thought so. Too short notice to bring a game forward I'd have thought.

Wouldn't have thought so. Too short notice to bring a game forward I'd have thought.

I don't buy that. Back in our Europa league days (seems like a lifetime ago) we had seven days to organise trips to Denmark, Romania etc.

I don't buy that. Back in our Europa league days (seems like a lifetime ago) we had seven days to organise trips to Denmark, Romania etc.

I wish we had that problem.

39 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Fair enough. I guess if the two clubs agree to it then it could happen, I'd just be a bit surprised. We'll find out soon enough!

Archived