Hame and Hosed Hibs vs Doonhamers

2-2 draw. Dobbie to score anytime is free money.

Lennon to be ordered to watch the game from the top of Arthur's Seat, Queens to get a late penalty and Lennon's seethe to cause the first volcanic eruption since about 350 million BC.

We can win the league if results go our way, and they usually have this season. But a fourteenth draw of the season is too tempting to turn down.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Should be a big crowd for this one. If Morton blow it midweek then Hibs can clinch the title with a win against Queens. (Falkirk will never catch up Hibs goal difference)

They could win it on Saturday whether Morton blow it in midweek or not. They have to get themselves 10 points clear by close of play to win it. 9 points clear if you think the goal difference can't be pulled back but Falkirk are only 10 goals behind and would be guaranteed to pull back at least 6 of those if the results were to swing with 3 wins for Falkirk and 3 losses for Hibs - the goal difference isn't a complete write off yet as far as Falkirk are concerned. Morton at six goals further back probably are out of it on goals though.

If Hibs win on Saturday they clinch the title if Falkirk don't win at home to St Mirren AND Morton don't win BOTH games at home to St Mirren and away to Raith Rovers.

A point could potentially be enough to win it too but only if Falkirk lose, Morton don't win either game AND Dundee United fail to beat Dunfermline in midweek. We'll know by Tuesday night whether a point might be enough but with wins for either Morton or Dundee United on Tuesday enough to prevent that it seems unlikely. 

There's no scenario in which they could win the title this weekend if they lost.

Hibs will win the league no question but hopefully not based on the result of this game. Queens are experiencing (another) mini revival which hopefully continues for a few games yet. The team is playing in a more positive manner, the fragile defence is looking a bit more solid and we have started to score goals again, what could possibly go wrong. Hopefully we can strike the right balance between being too cautious and being too open and if we do get beat I hope we can say that we at least made Hibs work for the win. Obviously Hibs will be favourites but we have shown that we can go to Easter Road and get positive results and maybe with a Cup semi-final looming and wanting to get the title wrapped up asap, a bit of nervousness will creep into their play. Queens shouldn't be worried about the relegation scrap now so maybe can play with a bit of freedom and we need to keep a bit of pressure on Dundee Utd in case they slip up and also on Dunfermline who could move above us depending on midweek results.  I'm hoping for a bit of Dobbie magic but wont be too bothered if other Queens players chip in with a goal or two.

Gerintaethem 

Just bloody go For it QOS.  Nothing to loose (apart for as few thousand quid at the end of the season on placement).   Hibs defence  can be shaken, and up against two good forwards they will be rattled.   Our victory against them  when we won 3-1 testified that attacking them with 2 forwards and wide wingers after substitution can win a game.  However, as we all know the battle will always be in the midfield for this game.  Please Please, Naysmith, put out an attacking team and spoil their celebrations

Can't see past a home win this weekend. We'll definitely concede so it's a matter of whether we have enough in us to score. If we approach it in a positive manner there's obviously no reason why we can't. He need to keep Dobbie up front with support. Given we're safe from relegation there's no reason why we can't just go and attempt to spoil the celebrations.

Given these particular circumstances I'd sooner we went down 2/3-0 having a go at them rather than sitting in and coming away with a point.

If Dobbie scores more goals than Cummings I'd gladly take a 6-2 defeat as well :lol:

Depends on our team selection for me.  If we go for the same kind of team we've been putting out recently I'd imagine a draw, if Lennon sticks to his word and changes the team looking to get more goals then I'd fancy our chances a lot more!  Ditch this big man and wee man crap and either have Keatings/Boyle up front with Cummings or play 5 in midfield, Cummings up front on his own and keep the ball on the deck like we did against united in Jan.

Can't wait to be strolling down Albion road with my champions top on with my champions flag in hand in the sunshine singing about going up, pyro in my back pocket and every intention of running on the park at full time and exuberantly going head to head with Jamie Hamill.

Can't wait to be strolling down Albion road with my champions top on with my champions flag in hand in the sunshine singing about going up, pyro in my back pocket and every intention of running on the park at full time and exuberantly going head to head with Jamie Hamill.

You'll get nowhere near Jamie Hamill of you're on the pitch.

A pitch invasion would be hilariously cringeworthy.

Wouldn't be cringeworthy at all. It's our thing when we win things now. You obviously wouldn't understand that supporting a Borderline English club who win nothing.

It really would be though.

18 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Wouldn't be cringeworthy at all. It's our thing when we win things now. You obviously wouldn't understand that supporting a Borderline English club who win nothing.

You forgot to add Tory voting bumpkins or maybe you were meaning Berwick Rangers. Poor VT impersonation imo.

Archived