Hame and Hosed Hibs vs Doonhamers

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done, Hibs.  Worthy champions - you're in a different class to the rest of us in this league this season.

ETA: well, maybe some of the congratulations should go to your big brothers across the other side of the country.

Well done to Hibs - by far the best team in this League.

I somewhat naively hoped that after two decent performances we might at least have a go and try and play some football and perhaps press the ball high up the pitch and make a game of it.

What a totally uninspiring feeble attempt to do any of the above. Torturous display - allowed Hibs to run unchallenged into our final third - repeatedly launching the ball in the general direction of Dobbie and Dykes. It was always going to be a really tough assignment but players and manager beaten before they started.

In short, we can't defend set pieces for shit and Sunshine on Leith is the best chant in Scottish Football.

well done Hibs, Shame the m9s shat it out of a pitch invasion despite the impenetrable  barricades in place.

In short, we can't defend set pieces for shit and Sunshine on Leith is the best chant in Scottish Football.
well done Hibs, Shane the m9s shat it out of a pitch invasion despite the impenetrable  barricades in place.

Our fear of tape and metal barricades is well known and was exploited today, minter

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Well done to Hibs - by far the best team in this League.

I somewhat naively hoped that after two decent performances we might at least have a go and try and play some football and perhaps press the ball high up the pitch and make a game of it.

What a totally uninspiring feeble attempt to do any of the above. Torturous display - allowed Hibs to run unchallenged into our final third - repeatedly launching the ball in the general direction of Dobbie and Dykes. It was always going to be a really tough assignment but players and manager beaten before they started.

We gave up the midfield by playing two up front - but at least that will please some fans.

Not conceding from open play to a team with nearly 60% possession but still losing the game 3-0, frankly, sucks. Make no mistakes, we didnt deserve anything from the game, it was one way traffic bar 10 minutes or so after the 3rd goal, but defending set pieces is bread and butter stuff that we simply cant do.

Is it just me or does Dykes never look like hes running at full speed? Despite his flick to setup Dobbie last week Im far from convinced he's good enough for this level.

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Is it just me or does Dykes never look like hes running at full speed? Despite his flick to setup Dobbie last week Im far from convinced he's good enough for this level.

It's not just you.

Guest Flash
3 hours ago, Zing. said:

Everybody has scored a ridiculous amount of goals from set pieces against Queens this season :lol: 

Conceding goals from set pieces is what we do. 

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I said something similar a few weeks back and was swiftly shot down :rolleyes:

To be honest, I've never been fully convinced but we hadnt really seen that much of him. I know he was up against two quality defenders today but you just never get the impression he's really going to have any impact on the game. Hes still young so has time to improve but I hope Lyle is back next week

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

We gave up the midfield by playing two up front - but at least that will please some fans.

Not conceding from open play to a team with nearly 60% possession but still losing the game 3-0, frankly, sucks. Make no mistakes, we didnt deserve anything from the game, it was one way traffic bar 10 minutes or so after the 3rd goal, but defending set pieces is bread and butter stuff that we simply cant do.

We went 4-4-2 and "had a go".  Far more important than actually analysing the opponents and playing a system that might actually nullify their threats.  Of course when you can't defend set pieces, the formation you are playing becomes largely irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Conceding goals from set pieces is what we do. 

Yeah. Whats worse is that we dont score from them at the other end either. Other than Dobbies free kick at Dunfermline Raith we havent looked remotely like scoring from a set piece in months

28 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

We went 4-4-2 and "had a go".  Far more important than actually analysing the opponents and playing a system that might actually nullify their threats.  Of course when you can't defend set pieces, the formation you are playing becomes largely irrelevant.

This x 2

17 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Sack the fans for suggesting we have a go.

There are different ways of having a go, though, and not all of them involve playing two strikers. All that achieved today was giving the Hibs midfield the space to pick up the ball and run at the defence or pass the ball around while we chased shadows. We couldnt get the ball off them to "have a go"

Archived