LINLITHGOW V TALBOT / TALBOT V LINLITHGOW

happy

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/12/2017 at 11:32, th1stleandr0se said:

If anyone thinks the Rose fans are at it playing down our chances wait until you see the bookies odds.  They know what they're talking about and Auchinleck will be odds-on even in their away leg.

McBookie's Odds 15th April

JUNIOR CUP SEMI-FINALS 1st LEG
6/4 Glenafton 13/5 Bonnyrigg 5/4
13/5 Linlithgow 15/4 Auchinleck 4/7

Think the game will be tighter than the lithlithgow fans think,  Talbot are good but seem to be grinding results out with never say die attitude lots of late winners this season, rather than playing teams of the park hammering them. 

That said no idea how good the rose are but it's semi final stage so you can't fluke that.

Think the game will be tighter than the lithlithgow fans think,  Talbot are good but seem to be grinding results out with never say die attitude lots of late winners this season, rather than playing teams of the park hammering them. 
That said no idea how good the rose are but it's semi final stage so you can't fluke that.

Tomorrow's approach will be one of blind faith. Our league position is genuine and not just lack of games.

Our previous manager McGlynn recruited poorly whilst getting rid of far superior players. (Some suggest the players we lost weren't producin either - but even so were still two levels above.) It wasn't lack of funds either he spent more than both his predecessors. (Bought a player who worked Saturday's - l kid you not.)

In his tenure we have regressed years - Mcglynn hides behind a couple of results in the SFA cup - against a very poor Forfar side and against Ross County - where adrenalin alone took our performance to such a level. The real benchmark of his tenure was a lifeless performance against Kilwinning.

Lumsden has showed some improvement - we look better organised than before at least - but not sure how much support he has been given in being able to recruit at a required level - instead has had to rely on other teams outcasts.

Off the field the club has been torn apart - but instead of seeking solutions and trying to get supporters back nothing has been done.

Our last Scottish semi the local bowling club took 2 buses and a mini-bus to the away leg - this time not a single bus organised.

But hey ho - #believe.

Tomorrow's approach will be one of blind faith. Our league position is genuine and not just lack of games.

Our previous manager McGlynn recruited poorly whilst getting rid of far superior players. (Some suggest the players we lost weren't producin either - but even so were still two levels above.) It wasn't lack of funds either he spent more than both his predecessors. (Bought a player who worked Saturday's - l kid you not.)

In his tenure we have regressed years - Mcglynn hides behind a couple of results in the SFA cup - against a very poor Forfar side and against Ross County - where adrenalin alone took our performance to such a level. The real benchmark of his tenure was a lifeless performance against Kilwinning.

Lumsden has showed some improvement - we look better organised than before at least - but not sure how much support he has been given in being able to recruit at a required level - instead has had to rely on other teams outcasts.

Off the field the club has been torn apart - but instead of seeking solutions and trying to get supporters back nothing has been done.

Our last Scottish semi the local bowling club took 2 buses and a mini-bus to the away leg - this time not a single bus organised.

But hey ho - #believe.

So auld yin what was the story wi brado. Was he the best manager youve had in awhile

I think, like most, including myself, we will wait to see the result tomorrow before organising travel arrangements for the away leg. No point in organising buses and no one wants to go because we have been trounced in the home game, please don't slate me for this statement, as I have tried to get names, but they have ALL said the same thing. So if the bus is organised and no one wants to go,or just a few turn up, the cost of a few going would be too much. However, I'm confident our team will rise to the occasion and keep the tie alive for the away game. I will phone you on Sunday with numbers for the bus Auld Heid.:thumsup2

Linlithgow have been in turmoil on and of the park for a couple of years now and it shows, we need a strong Linlithgow to keep the East profile up along with Bonnyrigg Kelty Bo'ness but I can only see Talbot going through over the two legs and I think they will face Bonnyrigg in the final.

So auld yin what was the story wi brado. Was he the best manager youve had in awhile

Still is - his record was tremendous - 50 plus games undefeated . Was idolised by the supporters then and still is today.

Officially he resigned but look beneath the surface and you soon saw the cracks and not within the dressing room either.

Other than Mcglynn there is quite a trail of managers resigning whilst under no pressure from supporters.

McGlynn enjoyed the support of committee despite performances/results but not by supporters.

Tells a story

I think, like most, including myself, we will wait to see the result tomorrow before organising travel arrangements for the away leg. No point in organising buses and no one wants to go because we have been trounced in the home game, please don't slate me for this statement, as I have tried to get names, but they have ALL said the same thing. So if the bus is organised and no one wants to go,or just a few turn up, the cost of a few going would be too much. However, I'm confident our team will rise to the occasion and keep the tie alive for the away game. I will phone you on Sunday with numbers for the bus Auld Heid.:thumsup2

Sorry but really poor. So i wont bother traveling 2mz just incase my team gets beat. I dont think so got to follow your team through good and bad times

Sorry but really poor. So i wont bother traveling 2mz just incase my team gets beat. I dont think so got to follow your team through good and bad times

Comeback with your view if you ever hit bad times.

There is nothing harder than watching your team struggle - especially knowing a lot has been self inflicted from bad choices.

Archived