LINLITHGOW V TALBOT / TALBOT V LINLITHGOW

happy

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadistically looking forward to the game on Saturday. We have had the benefit of a favourable draw in our cup run this year but it's true you can only beat the teams you are drawn against (Blantyre included Bo'ness fans...)

I know nothing of Talbot this year other than anecdotally they are not the force they have been in recent times, they are however, past-masters at this competition so expect them to be right up for it. Hope it's a decent spectacle and we can keep it interesting going into the second game.

On 4/10/2017 at 19:34, Shanner said:

I get that this isn't a vintage Linlithgow side but I honestly can't remember a team as summarily written off in a semi-final since it became a 2-legger, and that includes lower league sides against far more dangerous ones than the current Talbot - a side that concedes but also scores few goals. 

Although it's hard to see past a side with Talbot's form in this cup I can see this and the other semi only having the odd goal in them after both legs. 

If anyone thinks the Rose fans are at it playing down our chances wait until you see the bookies odds.  They know what they're talking about and Auchinleck will be odds-on even in their away leg.

Although this has been the Rose's worst league season in over 20 years we have performed better in the Scottish Junior Cup to get to this stage.  Our real strength lies up front of course with Coyne and Kelbie which is the strongest pairing presently in junior football.  We have a decent keeper and centre backs.  Although we are massive underdogs if we can get a result in the first leg we may be able to make the second leg interesting since Talbot don't appear to be as consistent as in previous years.

HTG

3 minutes ago, Dreghorn said:

Although this has been the Rose's worst league season in over 20 years we have performed better in the Scottish Junior Cup to get to this stage.  Our real strength lies up front of course with Coyne and Kelbie which is the strongest pairing presently in junior football.  We have a decent keeper and centre backs.  Although we are massive underdogs if we can get a result in the first leg we may be able to make the second leg interesting since Talbot don't appear to be as consistent as in previous years.

HTG

:lol::lol::lol:

Kelbie is dugsh1te.

8 minutes ago, Dreghorn said:

HTG

I have to laugh at this. 

Talbot have now won their last 10 matches whilst conceding two goals.

Ok, they haven't scored barrowloads but hardly "not as consistent"!

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I have to laugh at this. 

Talbot have now won their last 10 matches whilst conceding two goals.

Ok, they haven't scored barrowloads but hardly "not as consistent"!

It's ok - in Dreghorns world his post would have made sense (check his posts!!).  He was probably referring to previous round - where a pass went astray in the 76th minute.

4 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

If anyone thinks the Rose fans are at it playing down our chances wait until you see the bookies odds.  They know what they're talking about and Auchinleck will be odds-on even in their away leg.

I'm not just talking about Linlithgow fans. Everyone who's watched them this season has dismissed their chances.

I'm not about to argue they're a good side to people who have actually watched them, but it's clearly idiotic to write them off as emphatically as many have done as you hardly ever see a trouncing over the 2 legs, even when the respective form of the teams says it should be.

The Rose fans should stow the negativity and support their team.

I'm not just talking about Linlithgow fans. Everyone who's watched them this season has dismissed their chances.
I'm not about to argue they're a good side to people who have actually watched them, but it's clearly idiotic to write them off as emphatically as many have done as you hardly ever see a trouncing over the 2 legs, even when the respective form of the teams says it should be.

Talbot has had the same negative critics mostly from Beith and Ladeside fans spouting we are a spent force.

All I can say to these clowns is that we don't see you in the semi finals.

It's gonna be a great challenge for both teams so let's hope for fair play and the best team to prevail.

Mon the Talbot[emoji4]????

Although this has been the Rose's worst league season in over 20 years we have performed better in the Scottish Junior Cup to get to this stage.  Our real strength lies up front of course with Coyne and Kelbie which is the strongest pairing presently in junior football. We have a decent keeper and centre backs.  Although we are massive underdogs if we can get a result in the first leg we may be able to make the second leg interesting since Talbot don't appear to be as consistent as in previous years. HTG

[emoji1]

Just say NO.

I'm sure they will Shanner and if they get a decent result at home they'll take a healthy support tae Talbot.

That all the deserters and glory hunters you're on about?

Be nicer if they started to take a healthy support at home! [emoji39]

It's not just about supporting the team - that's a gimme and pure blind faith will see to that.

Things have not been good for a long while off the park and that negativity has decimated the Rose support.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel.

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

emoji1.png

Just say NO.

That all the deserters and glory hunters you're on about?

Be nicer if they started to take a healthy support at home! emoji39.png

I'm no gonny disagree wae you but they'll take a good support should they get a result at home,that's all I meant,I've not seen their support at home etc so canny comment on that.

I'm no gonny disagree wae you but they'll take a good support should they get a result at home,that's all I meant,I've not seen their support at home etc so canny comment on that.

Neither have the Rose players, management, committee or the visiting away fans! [emoji1][emoji39]

Archived