LINLITHGOW V TALBOT / TALBOT V LINLITHGOW

happy

43 minutes ago, andy25 said:

It always seems to be fans of teams that Talbot beat that say that they are a poor team . Go figure.

It was widely remarked on after an earlier round (The Buffs iirc) in much the same way as some Lithgae fans are doing now.

Folk seem to equate a direct style of play with being a bad team even when it's quite evidently a success year after year.

Talbot play uncompromisingly to what Sloan sees as their strengths. You have to question the wisdom of anyone who thinks that they should sacrifice the effectiveness of their system to endear themselves to the miscellaneous begrudgers/ total football disciples.

It's ultimately down to another side to step up and become the preeminent Junior side using a more cultured style than Talbot, and only then is the criticism of Talbots style worth taking seriously.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler alert. Unless you fan talbot egos apparently your not allowed an opinion.

Even if your not at the game you seem to know everything, but hey ho overlook the fact that I said that if you don't score you can't win, we didn't score so there you go.

That shouldn't prevent me being able to praise my team but again hey ho.

Oh, again apparently I'm seething [emoji23][emoji23] so I'll toddle off and have my first beer of the day now.

Congratulations to all the beggars who at the sixth time of asking got their wish. [emoji38] well done, seems some were spending more time following our game than their own.

Grass shoots appearing for us I personally think but many won't agree but there you go.

Onwards and upwards now.

Enjoy your night talbot and it should be a good final which I might actually watch this year.

^^^ Utterly fuming!

Do you have even a tiny bit of evidence that any Bo'nessers were following your game as opposed to ours, or have you just completely made that up in an angry, seething rage? [emoji1]

Cpal you should have been gracious in defeat but you have to have a dig just like wee specky.

Overall yer team couldn't break down our defence. Should have been 3 nil to us with 10 minutes to go.

Tbh that is the worst Lithgae side I have seen since 2002.

You got the result you deserved.

That is because it is the worst Rose side since 2002

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Folk seem to equate a direct style of play with being a bad team even when it's quite evidently a success year after year.

Talbot play uncompromisingly to what Sloan sees as their strengths. You have to question the wisdom of anyone who thinks that they should sacrifice the effectiveness of their system to endear themselves to the miscellaneous begrudgers/ total football disciples.

It's ultimately down to another side to step up and become the preeminent Junior side using a more cultured style than Talbot, and only then is the criticism of Talbots style worth taking seriously.

Agreed.  If a long ball gets results, play it.  It won't win many style points but, so far as I can remember, no match was ever decided on style points.  I'd prefer my team to be stylish while winning but I'd also prefer to be a winner rather than a stylish loser.

Agree shanner until that style is beaten then we have to suck it up and move on. Can't question that it has been effective so while it's not pretty it worked, end of story.

1 minute ago, Specky said:

Agree shanner until that style is beaten then we have to suck it up and move on. Can't question that it has been effective so while it's not pretty it worked, end of story.

It's about mixing your play, as the highlights will show it wasn't a long ball that beat rose today! Away and have your beer mate,you deserve it :thumsup2

6 minutes ago, Specky said:

The other thing worth pointing out in all this is that Rose weren't exactly evoking Cruyff's Barca side in that honkfest I suffered last week.

Hey, my Bay Window Faced sad ,loser, when are you going to wake up and see the reality? We did what we had to do, the same as we do every time we reach the semi finals. We stopped you scoring, and we scored a sufficient number of goals - just one - to take us through. We are Talbot, we do the business when it needs getting done - you don't.

By the way, in case you haven't realised, that's the last three times we've beaten you in the Junior Cup and you haven't scored once in the last four games against us. Does that make sense to you now? You can hide behind your sad delusions all you want, but you're losers....and that's me being magnanimous with you. Do we get to keep you now?

I'm sure we scored at Beechwood in 2011. A direct free kick IIRC. That would've been the fourth game ago.

I make it one final each too. They're the wins that count for me.

I'm sure we'll all be having the same swapping of opinions again sometime.

All the best for the final. Enjoy your day oot.

Anti -Football 1 - 0 Specky

Ahhhaaahhhaa as opposed to the North Ayrshire Harlem Globetrotters? [emoji6]????

46 minutes ago, Larky55 said:

Talbot 1-0 Rose.

Beechwood Park was looking splendid, & hosted a big crowd, not much short from 1800.

Must have been 750 comps then ...

I have been amazed at some of the comments on here about my good friends out in Talbotia
It reminds me of the great comment from the great Gary Player when someone said he was lucky, his reply was " the more I play and practice, the luckier I get"

That is Talbot, been there done it, got Many t-shirts

I have been amazed at some of the comments on here about my good friends out in Talbotia
It reminds me of the great comment from the great Gary Player when someone said he was lucky, his reply was " the more I play and practice, the luckier I get"

That is Talbot, been there done it, got Many t-shirts

Quality feedback there Bul2. I know that must have been hard for you too.
????[emoji4]

Archived