LINLITHGOW V TALBOT / TALBOT V LINLITHGOW

happy

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking forward to 2nd leg a the Camp Nou on Saturday didn't think too much of Linlithgow on Saturday middle of the table standard of team from the East coast no really a patch on a club of the stature of Auchinleck Talbot. I don't expect too many traveling fans but they'll be made more than welcome in any of the villages drinking establishments but lads Talbot are going to Pump you's

Steaming!![emoji23]

8 hours ago, #BBB said:

mauchline killie supporters club will take our money.thank you very much.

Have a safe trip down,get your hand in your pocket and enjoy your day out.

After 2 30 it's out of your control.    :)

^^^^^^^ Sounds like the attitude towards us in 1989, when Auchinleck went 4 seasons undefeated in the cup.

Our team of that year would murder the current one even though they will all be in their 50s.

3 hours ago, goodold luthgy said:

^^^^^^^ Sounds like the attitude towards us in 1989, when Auchinleck went 4 seasons undefeated in the cup.

It's out of my control also.You read what you want to read......some folk!

Same sort of attitude experienced by Rosey Posey corduroy wearing supporters a few seasons ago where you went unbeaten and expected to wallop Talbot in the final.
Alas you were outplayed.[emoji57]

The drubbing in the 2002 final was far more comprehensive than your victory in 2013 - however history will reflect both games finished 1-0.

2003 was more reflective - but I'm biased.

One thing for certain it's been a great rivalry which seldom disappoints.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow.

Talbot were on the ascendancy in 2002 and you won the game by a horrendous decision by the officials just like the wrong decision that was made last Saturday where Latta was clearly pushed off the ball when clean through in the box.

Good luck to Talbot on Saturday.[emoji4]

Thanks for your balanced reply - remind about the 2003 game?

23 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

Talbot were on the ascendancy in 2002 and you won the game by a horrendous decision by the officials just like the wrong decision that was made last Saturday where Latta was clearly pushed off the ball when clean through in the box.

Good luck to Talbot on Saturday.emoji4.png

Lol - there's always someone that takes it too far. If we'd had our shooting boots on in the 2002 cup final you boys would have been on the end of back to back 6 goal hidings. In 2013 you got a break from a mistake at a time when your "punt it up the park and see what happens" tactics had rather run their course. We were poor though - no getting away from it. 

Just read the Edinburgh evening news about lithgae v Talbot game. Got the feeling Lithgae are seeing Talbot as ready for the taking and just full of hype.

Let's hope that isn't the case and we send them packing.

Bryan Slavin mentioned a few seasons ago that West teams have much stronger resolve than East so lets put that into action.

Away the Bot

9 minutes ago, HTG said:

Lol - there's always someone that takes it too far. If we'd had our shooting boots on in the 2002 cup final you boys would have been on the end of back to back 6 goal hidings. In 2013 you got a break from a mistake at a time when your "punt it up the park and see what happens" tactics had rather run their course. We were poor though - no getting away from it. 

In all honesty we shouldn't have been in the cup final. We played one good game that season and some how or another pumped Kilwinning in the semi final.

Not having a go at Talbot but do any of you guys remember a 2-2 draw away at Oakley in 2002? They were dead lucky to take that to a replay I thought, or youse wouldn't be having this discussion.

2 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

Yes.
We have been lucky on more than one occasion and unlucky in others.
That my friend is football but to win 11 Scottish cups isn't down to luck.emoji57.png

Only saying bud, jeez you guys have got a thin skin :lol:. It's the only time I can remember Talbot being lucky to get something out a game.

8 hours ago, HTG said:

Talbot were in transition, saved all their good games for the Scottish that year but flattered to deceive. There is no doubt that Rose were a much better side that season but struggled in the final and were fortunate to get a win, the goal should never have stood. The following season the problems were all too evident when Rose routed Talbot, however that set the motion for a new manager to come in following season, Tucker. The rest as they say! 

As for 2013, Talbot won the double again stopping Rose's impressive unbeaten run much more emphatically than the 1-0 and the goal from Gormley was a stoater. 

2 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

Credit to the ground staff at Bonnyrigg too as I've seen the photos of the pitch and that also looks in superb nick.emoji106.png

Cheers pal, cant put it on here, its too big ..lol

Talbot were in transition, saved all their good games for the Scottish that year but flattered to deceive. There is no doubt that Rose were a much better side that season but struggled in the final and were fortunate to get a win, the goal should never have stood. The following season the problems were all too evident when Rose routed Talbot, however that set the motion for a new manager to come in following season, Tucker. The rest as they say! 

As for 2013, Talbot won the double again stopping Rose's impressive unbeaten run much more emphatically than the 1-0 and the goal from Gormley was a stoater. 

I think the difference in 2013 was Tucker Sloan. He done his homework and set his team out accordingly. We didn't react to this and paid the price.

Personally I felt we were also jaded with the amount of games we played in the lead up - but no complaints the best team on the day won.

Archived