LINLITHGOW V TALBOT / TALBOT V LINLITHGOW

happy

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seeing the line up for Party at the Palace on the back of today's programme so both teams can rest easy knowing they've only served up the second biggest pile of shite on offer in the town this year. 

In seriousness, all the 2 legged semi does it take the scrappiness, anxiety, nerves and excessive caution of the one legged affair and doubles it. These sort of games are a turn-off to neutrals and that's a strong argument for going back to a single match at a neutral venue for me. 

They make financial sense to the clubs but they tend not to produce classics, or in today's case even a passible impression of a football match. I can understand why some fans only bother with the second legs. True, semis in general have a reputation for being cagy but they can and should be gotten out of the way in one game.

It's good that this was a draw today and players, managers and fans alike won't have to try too hard to forget how grim it was and hopefully enjoy a new game enhanced by the immediacy of success or failure next week. 

Just seeing the line up for Party at the Palace on the back of today's programme so both teams can rest easy knowing they've only served up the second biggest pile of shite on offer in the town this year. 
In seriousness, all the 2 legged semi does it take the scrappiness, anxiety, nerves and excessive caution of the one legged affair and doubles it. These sort of games are a turn-off to neutrals and that's a strong argument for going back to a single match at a neutral venue for me. 
They make financial sense to the clubs but they tend not to produce classics, or in today's case even a passible impression of a football match. I can understand why some fans only bother with the second legs. True, semis in general have a reputation for being cagy but they can and should be gotten out of the way in one game.
It's good that this was a draw today and players, managers and fans alike won't have to try too hard to forget how grim it was and hopefully enjoy a new game enhanced by the immediacy of success or failure next week. 

Or play them as one legs and do away with neutral venues [emoji848]

I heard 1200.

Bearing in mind that talbot haven't won at Prestonfield but the rose have been successful at beechwood then it makes for an interesting game nxt week.

I think it was closer to 1300 but can't remember the official number

I heard 1200.

Bearing in mind that talbot haven't won at Prestonfield but the rose have been successful at beechwood then it makes for an interesting game nxt week.

Like your optimistic as it keeps the nerves going. Talbot will win next week

Talbot weren't rubbish today they played how I expected them to, always playin long ball and feed off the second ball but today they didn't get the second ball due to the energy and passion in the rose midfield.

Next week might be different but only because we might have to adapt to get more help for tc up top and not because talbot will adapt their game to become a passing style.

Kick and rush might have worked through the years but it didn't yesterday.

Leiper was excellent and batchy superb driving the midfield on. While some might say it was a rubbish game I actually enjoyed it as a nervy tense semi final.

HTG

Archived