Good Pubs for Football

I'm going to be in central Edinburgh this afternoon and want to find somewhere to watch the Aberdeen game, which will have the sound on. Any recommendations? A quick scan of Google and pubs are specifically advertising the English Premiership games but not sure where will be showing the Scottish Premiership game.

Thought it could be useful to have a thread where people can suggest good pubs in towns and cities across Scotland for watching Scottish football for visitors or people who don't know certain towns and cities that well.

5 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I'm going to be in central Edinburgh this afternoon and want to find somewhere to watch the Aberdeen game, which will have the sound on. Any recommendations? A quick scan of Google and pubs are specifically advertising the English Premiership games but not sure where will be showing the Scottish Premiership game.

Thought it could be useful to have a thread where people can suggest good pubs in towns and cities across Scotland for watching Scottish football for visitors or people who don't know certain towns and cities that well.

Globe bar i think is the home of an aberdeen supporters club in town so surely on there

Globe bar i think is the home of an aberdeen supporters club in town so surely on there

Used to be though they don't drink there any more. I might just go there anyway though as at least I know they show games.

9 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Three Sisters seems to be (like most pubs in Edinburgh) more keen on showing English Premiership matches than Scottish ones. I like Edinburgh and everything but the city centre is terrible for prioritising the EPL over Scottish football.

The Aberdeen game starts an hour before the EPL games, just ask them to put it on and hopefully there will be enough people watching to stop them turning over.

Three Sisters seems to be (like most pubs in Edinburgh) more keen on showing English Premiership matches than Scottish ones. I like Edinburgh and everything but the city centre is terrible for prioritising the EPL over Scottish football.

Where have you ended up?

Archived