Champions !!!

A thread for the champions this season the glorious Amber Machine would have made this thread earlier but still on the drink so thought I'd make it now. It's been a good ride diddies thanks for playing.

Well done to Livi in winning the league best team by a mile, although I have to say a league in my opinion of a pretty poor standard but as has been said before you can only beat what is put  in front of on a weekly basis.

I think the fact airdrie are still in the playoffs shows how poor a league it is, but to the victor goes the spoils and they can be few and far between for small teams like ourselves. Enjoy your moment Livi fans [emoji106]????

A tad delicate this morning, it's been a good season following a winning team for a change, clubs like ourselves won't win many trophies so despite the poor league I'll enjoy this moment just as much. 

Well done to all involved, the running committee for allowing Hoppy to sign some quality players, Hoppy himself who despite getting constantly criticised has won us the league convincingly and the players who have been excellent most of the season, there is a real togetherness there, would be good to keep most if not all of them together next season. 

Congratulations LIVVY. Indisputably then best team in league over the course of the season.

I think Hopkin deserves a lot of credit here as, as Dunfermline have showed in recent seasons, having the largest budget doesn't automatically translate into success. There's not a single player that he's signed that wouldn't improve our squad so hats off to him.

All the best for next season (unless we somehow manage to stumble up through the play offs).

7 hours ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Certainly the best team in the league.  Enjoy your celebrations.

The league table never lies . well done and good wishes for next season; don't think we will be joining you but still in the balance of improbabilities. Will read up on you in a different thread.

You have some good players ! we played dunfermline recently and you are a lot like them with IMO same quality ,

i think you will stay safe up there , would be nice to join you but a lot to be done for that chance, All the best and again

congratulations !"!

Have to admit I've really enjoy visiting different grounds this season, the banter with opposition fans has been excellent at games, and standing in proper terracing rather than being told to sit down by over bearing stewards. 

Obviously it's helped that we've been winning a lot more games, we've been starved of wins over the last few years, and in hindsight maybe it wasn't such a bad thing being relegated and getting a good feeling going again by winning games, on a whole I've thoroughly enjoyed this seasons journey, and that's been helped by the friendliness of the opposition, even Airdrie fans...at times :wub:

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

even Airdrie fans...at times :wub:

We might be cantankerous, conceited and thoroughly unpleasant at times but these are the qualities which are cultivated by having to support a team like Airdrie. We are the absolute products of our enviroment.  

Plus we enjoy it. :P

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

You have some good players ! we played dunfermline recently and you are a lot like them with IMO same quality ,

i think you will stay safe up there , would be nice to join you but a lot to be done for that chance, All the best and again

congratulations !"!

Yeah Dunfermline ran us ragged in a pre season game but I think we'd give them a game if we played them now. Esp since Jan signings, our defence has really tightened up and the players we signed at the start of the season have really come on too. Byrne looks as good as Pittman in midfield and Halkett in defence has been tremendous. I think the older/more experienced players have helped the others, Mullen is def looking better and is of a similar style to Buchanan and looks like he's come on playing alongside of him, Dec Gallagher isn't that old but he's got a lot of experience at a higher level and I think he's helped Halkett. Crighton and Lithgow have looked a lot better as the season went on too..I read Cadden saying Rafa has helped him as well.

Gavin Reilly scored twice that day which is as embarrassing as it gets.

Having seen Livi a few times now since then I do agree though it would be a far closer game.

Oh aye, well done.

Well I've seen Livi five times this season and personally I don't see what all the fuss is about!!!

Well done ya shower o c***s, you've been up there from the start and have maintained it for the whole season so I suppose it's deserved, still have faint but diminishing hopes of joining you yet!!!

Yeah Dunfermline ran us ragged in a pre season game but I think we'd give them a game if we played them now. Esp since Jan signings,

We were absolutely dreadful at the start of the season, you seem to be forgetting that we've improved tenfold since.

Congrats on winning the league though.

The Dunfermline game at the start of the season would bare no relevance to the teams now completely different teams at this stage of the season.

Archived