Next season

Now that Partick are confirmed as safe I think we can start to look at the bottom 6 and Championship promotion picture and try to work out who the "elite" clubs will be next season.

On a personal note I of course hope and expect Kilmarnock to now be safe. We have built up a healthy lead which week on week we are not really extending but with every passing game it looks more likely we will have done enough to stay clear of trouble. I don't actually expect Caley to even get to our current points tally by the end of the year.

I hope that it's County and Hamilton to go down, not got too much reason for this other than I see them as the two smallest clubs in the league. However I think Dundee are in severe trouble and possibly more issues at Dens other than just lack of quality on the park.

Coming up it's obviously going to be Hibs +1, I hope that +1 is Morten as it would be a nice change for a new team to be in the league.

Thoughts?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I honestly think we may struggle next season along with whoever finishes 10th (and 11th or the playoff winner) when you consider we may lose Lindsay and Keown who are our defensive spine this season.

Keown may well go back South but I think Lindsay's probable big money move may induce him to stay.

I presume that the management have already made plans on reorganizing the defence and with the Lindsay money, the increased payout on the top six finish and the home gates still to come we should have the financial clout to back the manager's choices.     The transfer fee spent on Barton shows that money can be spent wisely.

With the exception of Elliot the remainder of the squad are under contract for next season.

I honestly fail to see how you can face next season with anything other than confidence

Think Inverness really have to win next week to have any chance of escaping one of the two bottom spots.

We are dire right now and Dundee seem to be in the same boat.  I think Ross County will scrap through.  Accies? I only see them in derby matches but they look like they are fighters if nothing else.

Think Inverness really have to win next week to have any chance of escaping one of the two bottom spots.
We are dire right now and Dundee seem to be in the same boat.  I think Ross County will scrap through.  Accies? I only see them in derby matches but they look like they are fighters if nothing else.

We've not shown any fight until St Johnstone at home. If we keep up how we've been doing in the past 3 games, coincidentally after dropping the 5-3-2, I really fancy our chances.

33 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Hibs up, Inverness down.
The Championship is shite. 11th place is safe.

This. Whoever finishes 11th with be playing perennial shitebags like United, Falkirk or Morton.

33 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Hibs up, Inverness down.
The Championship is shite. 11th place is safe.

The Championship is shite but the Premiership is too.

Celtic have walked it yet could not get 1 win in the Champions League group stages. Aberdeen have had an ok season but again were abysmal in the Europa League. The other 10 teams are all poor with ICT probably the worst of the lot and will come down.

Personally I'm hoping Falkirk come up in the play-offs. Really well supported club and they deserve the glory. They deserve glorious victories in the Premiership, with celebratory #scenes like this:

Failing that I'll be happy to see Morten come up for a change.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

Personally I'm hoping Falkirk come up in the play-offs. Really well supported club and they deserve the glory. They deserve glorious victories in the Premiership, with celebratory #scenes like this:

Failing that I'll be happy to see Morten come up for a change.

Cheers. Hopefully we can oblige you mate.

Archived