What's in a budget??

Everyone always talks budgets, not big enough , too big, smaller or bigger than ours/yours. 

We all like to think we have a clue because of a rumour this players on this or that, but does anyone have the foggiest idea of what their clubs playing budget is for the season?

And more importantly is the budget really that important?

Queens Park seem to be doing not too bad without one that's if them only paying expenses is true. 

Does budget equal success?

Livingston & Dunfermline proved it last year although the year before they were nowhere. Stenny are known to have smallest and are propping up the table.

What does everyone think it costs to run their clubs playing budget & is your league position a true reflection of said budget

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Livingston playing budget for the season is around £400,000 that includes the 28 first team players and coaching staff. 

Wow, I thought it would be around 320/350 

thats a big gamble that appears to have worked but what state would club be in if it had failed

Supposedly our budget is higher than average because of our geographical position and we have to attract players from further away and therefore pay more in wages and expenses.

Lets not bother playing any games and just have tables based entirely on budgets.

9 minutes ago, blueone said:

Supposedly our budget is higher than average because of our geographical position and we have to attract players from further away and therefore pay more in wages and expenses.

Lets not bother playing any games and just have tables based entirely on budgets.

Think Peterhead in same boat. 

I happen to think at this level it's about managers and eyes for a player than money. Just wondering how much of a role cash has 

1 hour ago, Yoda8 said:

Wow, I thought it would be around 320/350 

thats a big gamble that appears to have worked but what state would club be in if it had failed

In fairness that's pretty much averaging the minimum wage, works out at around £1200 a month, some youngsters won't be getting that, some senior players will be on a more. 

I agree though, it was a huge gamble just simply staying full time, it still is. 

Livingston playing budget for the season is around £400,000 that includes the 28 first team players and coaching staff. 

I don't know why everyone gets high and mighty about the size of our budget, it's only around 9kg of cocaine ffs.

10 hours ago, Yoda8 said:

Sometimes it's better to just admit that you misread the post. 

We've all done it 

No as I said propping up can mean to move up the table.

Archived