Despite the wonderful emotion of last-minute equalisers I'd quite like to try the three-nil-up-with-15-minutes-to-go model, just for a change. There's no real danger we'll get relegated now so let's have a right go. After 3 poor performances against Peterhead this season the players will want to sort that out for themselves.

Peterhead will have their own agenda of course but with Stenny doomed to be relegated a point today won't be the end of it for them.

When the 10 team league set-up began it mas mocked mercilessly but I have to say it keeps a lively interest for most fans up until the last fixture or two. Every team in the league has something to play for this weekend. One way or another.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of the quality of our squads, the history of Queen's Park FC tells us that we won't make it easy for ourselves. Win tomorrow and we're safe. Anything other than that and we're still watching over the shoulder. The overwhelming majority of the time, 40 points gets it done. We'd be hideously unfortunate to find ourselves in the relegation playoffs.

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

There's no real danger we'll get relegated now so let's have a right go.

I remember saying that in 2001 and 2009 so forgive me for taking a slightly different approach. Win tomorrow and there's no danger. Lose and we're only 3 points ahead of 9th. Peterhead are the ones that need to have a right go -  I think their aspirations will be to avoid a relegation play off rather than bottom place.  This will definitely suit us better. We struggle to score goals at the best of times so hopefully it will be an open game.     

Peterhead are the ones that need to have a right go -  I think their aspirations will be to avoid a relegation play off rather than bottom place.  This will definitely suit us better. We struggle to score goals at the best of times so hopefully it will be an open game.     

That's why I think they might sit tight. A draw at Hampden would be a good result for them. But I hope you're right and the game is open.

Fun times [emoji887][emoji460]️[emoji704]

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

I remember saying that in 2001 and 2009 so forgive me for taking a slightly different approach.

Seconded - anyone who thinks we are in no real danger right now is clearly dismissive of our record v Peterhead at Hampden, and the news that Millen and McKernon will be missing tomorrow more than gives me cause (hopefully unjustified!) for concern as to how the league table might look 24 hours from now

That's why I think they might sit tight. A draw at Hampden would be a good result for them. But I hope you're right and the game is open.

Fun times [emoji887][emoji460]️[emoji704]

If we sit tight you will win, we can't keep a clean sheet for toffee.

The McKernon news is a blow for tomorrow

Not for the moany old p***k behind me at cliftonhill on Tuesday who on more than one occasion called him useless
I really loathe some of our 'support' at times and was willing mckernon to score a screamer
So Gus will have to shuffle the midfield pack as mcvey looked to have suffered a bad knock
Docherty and Liam brown to start?
Fancy zanatta for a goal tomorrow
He's due...
Thought he started really well on tues night but tailed off after his yellow for ridiculous dive
No doubt we'll see some of that from McAllister tomorrow so hope the ref is wise to it...

I remember saying that in 2001 and 2009 so forgive me for taking a slightly different approach.

2001: we were in 7th or 8th every week from match day 24 and dropping to ninth on the last week.

2009: we were ninth every week from match day 23

Neither compare to this season. Different players, different coaches. It's fair to judge the team's chances on goals or wins, or lack of, but not the failings of players and coaches long gone. Have a bit more faith.

Seconded - anyone who thinks we are in no real danger right now is clearly dismissive of our record v Peterhead at Hampden, and the news that Millen and McKernon will be missing tomorrow more than gives me cause (hopefully unjustified!) for concern as to how the league table might look 24 hours from now

We're not in danger right now and tomorrow's table is just another Saturday. We've still got four more games, all winnable based on this season's performances.

Have a bit more faith.

But Graeme Smith says we have more than enough quality to move away from relegation threat - so when are they going to show it?

90th+ minute in the last game of the season just for a laugh would do me. Who do we have left anyway? Livi and who else?

90th+ minute in the last game of the season just for a laugh would do me. Who do we have left anyway? Livi and who else?

East Fife away, Stenny at home then Livingston and Alloa.

2 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

But Graeme Smith says we have more than enough quality to move away from relegation threat - so when are they going to show it?

Next week. We will brush aside East Fife & Stenhousemuir with consummate ease and Livi & Alloa will be too busy celebrating the title/play offs that they too will be disposed of easily.

Wait a minute, April Fool's day was last week. :(

Archived