Tories failing Scotland

Shades75

3 hours ago, McSpreader said:

That's a piss poor advert for independance.....we're going to kill Irish babies and give homes to people with no cultural or  familial ties to Scotland.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

It'll save the nuns the bother...

Doh! You'll burn in hell (I think).

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I really could not give a solitary f**k whether or not you vote for "Independance", you barely literate, sub-human, bigoted, waste of human skin. Please never quote my posts again. ThanQ.

(Hopefully this one doesn't get removed.)

^^^ Lost the plot.  Amazing how low you can go when someone questions your sactimonious pish. .......F*cking mummy's boy,lol!

On 07/04/2017 at 01:12, Shades75 said:

"They" didn't say that it was a "once in a lifetime opportunity".

You're an ignoramous if you believe that "they" did.

And here we, fucking, for f**k's sake, kill me now, I hate the world and all that lives in it,......

If you voted yes, and have now been put off from voting yes because "SNP" then you should've drawn a cock and balls on your ballot paper the first time and every time since until you gain a clue about what you are doing.  It's probably a good idea that you let your mum dress yourself in the morning too....

Now there's plenty of threads for you to dress up in an "SNP bad" cloak and post at will.

This one's for the party that wants rape victims to fill in a form explaining how they were raped, why they're entitled to the benefit for the child that emerged as a result of that rape....and instructs them to get a public servant who will counter sign that claim of rape and vouch for their right to that benefit...

....Which the SNP have said will not be implemented in Scotland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HyUmDuPa6g

Any "venom and vitriol" - although I have seen little that could be described as such - is absolutely nothing to do with whether or not somebody on here is cheating the benefits system; it is everything to do, however, with you being a monotonous, attention-seeking, sneering troll. HTH. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I just dont understand why Shades would take that sort of arrogant position when all of us know full well that the "once in a generation opportunity" thing was repeatedly said by Sturgeon and Salmond.

Its really baffling.

Yet another person who can't tell the difference between a promise/pledge/ commitment and a figure of speech/turn of phrase. Indy Ref 1 was a once in a lifetime opportunity for Scotland to be an independent country and thankfully it looks like we'll get another crack at it :thumsup2

It really ought to have occurred to me sooner but the level of sheer venom and vitriol on here when anyone dares to broach the idea that some people on benefits are taking the piss is a clear indicator than many of the respondents are probably in that category. I genuinely dont known why I didnt think of that before. Nothing else can account for the scale of the abuse being handed out by these posters.

That's go to be it.
Anyone with the audacity to disagree with you must be at it.

Look at me everybody, look at the things I'm saying!!

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It really ought to have occurred to me sooner but the level of sheer venom and vitriol on here when anyone dares to broach the idea that some people on benefits are taking the piss is a clear indicator than many of the respondents are probably in that category. I genuinely dont known why I didnt think of that before. Nothing else can account for the scale of the abuse being handed out by these posters.

Man, do you ever crave attention.

The money "lost" to benefit fraud is a literal drop in the ocean compared to tax avoidance and tax evasion.

It's simpletons like you that lap up the poverty propaganda that the Tory Government dish out.  The Tories feed us a constant drip drip of how bad those nasty benefit cheats are - "look, they're staying in bed all day whilst hardworking taxpayers work hard and are hard working while they work hard - those NASTY benefit cheats!".

There was a poll I remember from about a year back where people were asked what they thought the percentage of people fraudulently claiming benefits was.  The Great British public answered around 15%ish, I recall, on average.

The reality is that it's way below 1%.  Something like 0.2% of all benefits claimed are fraudulent and that figure itsself is dwarved by unclaimed benefits.
Stop being a sheep, Oaksoft.

Well they clearly did use that phrase and a link has been provided for the hard of remembering so why the overly aggressive nonsense?

I have not read the rest of the thread yet but I keep seeing this being said around various parts of social media.

I don't get why are people going on about this whole 'once in a lifetime opportunity' phrase as though it means anything. It's not a policy, it was never written down anywhere as some kind of rule or guide. It was a throw away comment that grew legs and was used a number of times.

The words themselves only work as some kind of statement of opinion, closer to saying 'this is a great chance' rather than any suggestion of it being the only chance.

It's not the same as saying 'this is the only chance you will be given' or writing somewhere that this is the only independence vote that there will be in this lifetime - it doesn't go near in terms of meaning, as anyone with a basic comprehension of English will know, so why does everyone keep going on about it as though it does?

It's basically because people aren't interested in debating shit any more, only in getting one up against the side they have chosen to oppose. It's especially true here where opinions are so entrenched and a lot of people genuinely have no intention of changing their mind. They either know that's not what it means but repeat it so often it becomes true because it "makes then win" lol, or have heard it repeated so often they believe it without looking at the source of the comment to verify as it backs up their position. 

Bear in mind, despite all the teeth gnashing, that the government is much, much more committed to waging war on the "feckless poor" than the disgustingly greedy rich. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/13/benefit-or-tax-evasion-row-over-the-tories-targets

Also bear in mind that people like Fide can quote figures to point this out while oaksoft relies on his gut and wild misinterpretation of people's motives behind calling him a Tory dickhead.

Where did I say I had a problem with people disagreeing with me?

The old 'where did I say that' defence.
Utterly tragic. All this on a football website that you hold in utter contempt full of posters you hold in contempt but you can't,absolutely can't keep away.

2 minutes ago, mjw said:

The old 'where did I say that' defence.
Utterly tragic. All this on a football website that you hold in utter contempt full of posters you hold in contempt but you can't,absolutely can't keep away.

That's the thing I can't understand.

Almost every single post he makes, Oaksoft takes the opportunity to tell us how stupid we are and how pointless our views are.

Yet he just can't keep away.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

People go on about it because the SNP said it.

If Labour had said it, this forum would be full of people bringing it up.

They go on about it in a completely incorrect context though, claiming it means something it clearly doesn't. If people were doing that with Labour then they would clearly be equally stupid for doing so.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Its got nothing to do with being stupid. Tone down the hysteria.

It is politics. Welcome to it.

I am not saying that people are stupid I am saying the action is stupid. To take a phrase that has been said and consistently insist that it means something which it clearly doesn't, is a stupid thing to keep doing because it doesn't prove the point at all and only draws attention to what looks like a lack of understanding, which a sensible person would not want to do. There is nothing hysterical about using the word stupid in this situation.

So you accept I didnt say it.
Why are you insinuating that I did then?

You insinuated anyone on here who disagrees with you is fiddling the system .
Why did you do that?

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I am not saying that people are stupid I am saying the action is stupid. To take a phrase that has been said and consistently insist that it means something which it clearly doesn't, is a stupid thing to keep doing because it doesn't prove the point at all and only draws attention to what looks like a lack of understanding, which a sensible person would not want to do. There is nothing hysterical about using the word stupid in this situation.

Like I said it's because people are only interested in parroting information that reinforces their already held beliefs (usually back patting amongst others who believe the same as them), instead of actually reasonably debating and forming (and changing!) opinions based on what has been argued. 

When it comes down to it I could. Invent a time machine and go into the future and take photos of the post apocalyptic wasteland Scotland becomes after a Yes vote and a large majority of yes voters will still vote yes because they are yes voters. Likewise footage of us all wiping our arses with £50 notes while sitting on solid gold bogs after a Yes vote would not convince a no voter to vote yes.

Its easy and lazy and requires no thought, and justifies holding a position people are possibly not even sure why they hold it. 

Look at the blinkered support for Trump in America. 

56 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Like I said it's because people are only interested in parroting information that reinforces their already held beliefs (usually back patting amongst others who believe the same as them), instead of actually reasonably debating and forming (and changing!) opinions based on what has been argued. 

When it comes down to it I could. Invent a time machine and go into the future and take photos of the post apocalyptic wasteland Scotland becomes after a Yes vote and a large majority of yes voters will still vote yes because they are yes voters. Likewise footage of us all wiping our arses with £50 notes while sitting on solid gold bogs after a Yes vote would not convince a no voter to vote yes.

Its easy and lazy and requires no thought, and justifies holding a position people are possibly not even sure why they hold it. 

Look at the blinkered support for Trump in America. 

That's me.
No matter what the future holds I want my country of Scotland tae stand on her ain twa feet.
No be beholding tae anybody else but ourselves.
If we make an arse of it then so be it.

On the other hand...
Likewise footage of us all wiping our arses with £50 notes while sitting on solid gold bogs after a Yes vote would not convince a no voter to vote yes.
Are you mad wullie :lol:

Received this shite through my door today - now remember this is for the council elections in May - they have the cheek to say the SNP are obsessed with IndyRef2. The entire thing is an anti-IndyRef2 SNPBad rant with not one positive reason why you should vote Tory - are they that frightened to tell voters what their policies are?

aa290a212a59613e310eb3c7b216c6d7.jpg

Archived