Albion Rovers v Stranraer

Two of the in-form teams clash at the Coatbridge Bernabeu on Saturday, albeit in our case too many of our decent displays have ended in draws in recent weeks. I'll be happy to see a continuation of our recent football continue and hope that it gets us something from the game.

What are Rovers fans expecting from this one after your midweek draw?

12 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

We were so far behind Stranraer in the last Stair Park game that I can't see us winning this one.

My feelings exactly- Gibson impresses me a lot. The 3-0 gubbing at Stair park saw the rot set in which we have thankfully recovered somewhat but we are not quite out the woods yet. A draw wouldn't be an overall disaster for us.

Wullie not at his best in the last few matches. However others like agnew and bell have been immense. So a return to form from Gibson could mean big problems for rovers. However due to the bobbly pitch i expect a more grafting display. With plenty of tackles flying in from both sides.

Another huge game. Win and Stenny lose and we can't go down automatically. But as Bold says above Stranraer put us to the sword a few weeks back. I also saw them beat Airdrie a few weeks ago and thought they were excellent that day.

Heart says 2-1 win, head says a draw keeps the points stretches the unbeaten run to 6 games which can be vital at this stage of the season

That was our worst of the season by some distance. Not one single player gets a pass mark from that. I could foresee us winning, losing or drawing beforehand, but not serving up a display like that. That was flatter than our defeat at Stenny.

This group of players is good enough to be higher up the table - our recent form shows that. But, equally, they could yet take us down to League Two.

Needs sorted.

I wasn't there. Surprised and delighted by the result. After the last match, I couldn't see us beating the neoStranraer. That's us safe and can start thinking about next season in this big boys' division, for the third time. God knows what it will look like. Unless, of course, we were in the Championship.

Guest TOPFITTER

Two Albion players dummied the ball into the box leaving Willis to slam it home !!!!

Kind of sums up Stranraer's performance,. DUMMIES.

I wasnt there either and like my colleague above I was surprised when I saw the goals going in. Credit to Darren and Billy for turning things around, it was a very gloomy picture a matter of weeks ago.

Where did that performance come from,the poorest since Faz took over.The early injury to Captain Steven Bell didn't help but no excuses,we huffed and puffed all day and could have played till Easter Monday and not have scored.I don't think Rovers were that good,but we were second to every ball and if you don't match up to them,you will lose,probably lucky it was only 3,hopefully a one off.

A real off day for Stranraer but a good performance by Rovers . Defended really well as a team and could have won by more. That should be enough to keep us up with 4 games to go with another win guaranteeing our League 1 spot.

Big game next week

9 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

A real off day for Stranraer but a good performance by Rovers . Defended really well as a team and could have won by more. That should be enough to keep us up with 4 games to go with another win guaranteeing our League 1 spot.

Big game next week

You will be fine Vodka,100 per cent certain to stay up and if you win 4 you will probably be in the playoffs at the top,I quite like Rovers don't seem to have many ambitions but just want to stay around this League and the guys on here seem fine,what was that all about yesterday,sunny Coatbridge.8)8)

5 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

You will be fine Vodka,100 per cent certain to stay up and if you win 4 you will probably be in the playoffs at the top,I quite like Rovers don't seem to have many ambitions but just want to stay around this League and the guys on here seem fine,what was that all about yesterday,sunny Coatbridge.8)8)

Yeh took the opportunity yesterday to stand at the terracing at the Coatdyke end and soak up the sun with the Stranraer fans- who looked to be in a state of shock at their team's performance.

Archived