Fixtures for 22nd please

13 hours ago, rednblack said:

This is farcical.  So he puts out fixtures and if like you have get on at him he changes his mind to suit and avoid grief.  It's happened before and makes more of a mockery of things than anything.

Someone obviously seeing cash signs here cashing in on the old firm of all things.

This is a case of pollok getting on at said fixture man to arrange this so to maximise the crowd by that i mean no old firm games on Saturday the 22nd and with St Roch having a bigger support when Celtic aren't playing and Pollok having a bigger crowd when Rangers aren't playing. All makes sense alright though if you have a friend as the fixture secretary.

Now we seemingly have a fixture with pollok on the 24th do i book an early finish from work or wait to see if pollok get on to the fixture man as it doesn't suit them on that date. Your no happy with cup finals every season and easier runs than most in certain cups you also like to change fixtures about to suit emoji6.png

If Pollok are happy with Monday night maybe he will change that Monday night fixture if we get on at him and tell him it's not to our liking emoji6.png

Who's in charge here f**k sake.

emoji6.png

8 hours ago, rednblack said:

Also let's see when he gives us Cumnock in the West down in Cumnock wouldn't be surprised he makes it a Wednesday night emoji4.png

Seriously though this is an excellent grade of football for entertainment and value and some decent stuff played but the fixture situation is shambolic when issues like the Pollok St Roch one.

Fixture man you have a hard job but have a think do it right and save yourself being made to look stupid as that's what happens when committee men of clubs come on here or make a phone call to get a fixture changed to suit themselves.

You have the power or should have not others

1 hour ago, ~C'mon the Town~ said:

Fixture man gives us a visit to Holm Park on Wednesday next week to face Clydebank...players start arranging shift changes as it's just over a weeks notice...a day or 2 later the fixture is taken down.  Shambles!!!!

100% agree with all the objections. Which is why long-term advance fixture setting is essential instead of the last-minute back-of-a-fag-packet system in operation right now!

Get your club representative to support the advance fixtures motion at this year's West Region AGM.

Motions will be discussed (although no vote taken) at the West Region meeting on Thursday 27th April.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anything is possible

Ye just put the team higher up in the league first you knew it was newlandsfield.

As for Archie is it fair because you are in about it all so to speak that you can manipulate the fixtures to suit Pollok when nobody else or very few can do this. St Rochs manager was on this saying his club would preferred a Saturday for league games and Cup games mid week this should always be the case unless you get two teams in a cup who are geographically far apart like us and Cumnock in the West then a Saturday game is sensible. That's his team now be messed about to suit what a bigger crowd or a central cup 1st round tie what about the more important matter of his side going for a promotion.

The fixture man as i said should have all the power and take his time and think things through and once a decision has been made that should be it.

1 hour ago, rednblack said:

As for Archie is it fair because you are in about it all so to speak that you can manipulate the fixtures to suit Pollok when nobody else or very few can do this. St Rochs manager was on this saying his club would preferred a Saturday for league games and Cup games mid week this should always be the case unless you get two teams in a cup who are geographically far apart like us and Cumnock in the West then a Saturday game is sensible. That's his team now be messed about to suit what a bigger crowd or a central cup 1st round tie what about the more important matter of his side going for a promotion.

The fixture man as i said should have all the power and take his time and think things through and once a decision has been made that should be it.

I've not manipulated anything mate, had nothing to do with the change.

Just the same common sense prevailed and I'm sure St Roch's won't object to sharing a decent gate on the Saturday compared to what would have been a significantly diminished take from a Wednesday 6.30pm k.o.

Such decisions shouldn't be about power but about the best interests of clubs and fans.

Advanced fixture planning would vastly reduce the frequency of such instances anyway. Vote for the AGM motion!

1 hour ago, archieb said:

I've not manipulated anything mate, had nothing to do with the change.

Just the same common sense prevailed and I'm sure St Roch's won't object to sharing a decent gate on the Saturday compared to what would have been a significantly diminished take from a Wednesday 6.30pm k.o.

Such decisions shouldn't be about power but about the best interests of clubs and fans.

Advanced fixture planning would vastly reduce the frequency of such instances anyway. Vote for the AGM motion!

Just seems like that's what's going sorry.

I'm sure you can see how it looks yourself in particular have been vocal on here about fixtures etc most of the season and just about everytime you have commented things have changed within a day or two.

The impression is a bigger gate is more important than doing what's best for teams in a promotion race. Now st rochs may have players unavailable for a more important ( to them  league game ) .

Shows the turnaround around in the Candy's fortunes from 3/4 seasons back that the club are talking about cup games against Pollok and promotion games at the Easter weekend. 

Most of the last four decades were spent at this time of year losing the will to live.

When Saturday comes, right enough.

20 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Just seems like that's what's going sorry.

I'm sure you can see how it looks yourself in particular have been vocal on here about fixtures etc most of the season and just about everytime you have commented things have changed within a day or two.

I'm just a bit of a fixture nerd I guess, a question of insight rather than of influence. But if I'm correctly identifying issues cropping up it's not too surprising others are as well.

20 minutes ago, rednblack said:

The impression is a bigger gate is more important than doing what's best for teams in a promotion race. Now st rochs may have players unavailable for a more important ( to them  league game ) .

A fair point and yet again a justification for season-long fixture planning (with necessary tweaks to accommodate postponements and varying progress in cup competitions) rather than making the whole thing up week by week!

Just for clarity lads 

my point was that my preference was for cup ties on Wednesday but I understand the Central League Cup 1st round fixture (Cumbernauld/Pollok) going ahead as that game would have held others up not ideal but probably sensible - might mean Greenock now need to come to us on a Wednesday night which would not be ideal for them but evens out as we had to go down to Port Glasgow on a Wednesday couple of years ago

Also I will have a much bigger squad for the quarter final now so not all bad

PS if Kirkintilloch Rob Roy want to change fixture in central cup we would be happy to host next Wednesday - get the fixture out the way and not potentially take up another Saturday

Cheers

This is farcical.  So he puts out fixtures and if like you have get on at him he changes his mind to suit and avoid grief.  It's happened before and makes more of a mockery of things than anything.  

Someone obviously seeing cash signs here cashing in on the old firm of all things.
This is a case of pollok getting on at said fixture man to arrange this so to maximise the crowd by that i mean no old firm games on Saturday the 22nd and with St Roch having a bigger support when Celtic aren't playing and Pollok having a bigger crowd when Rangers aren't playing. All makes sense alright though if you have a friend as the fixture secretary.

Now we seemingly have a fixture with pollok on the 24th do i book an early finish from work or wait to see if pollok get on to the fixture man as it doesn't suit them on that date. Your no happy with cup finals every season and easier runs than most in certain cups you also like to change fixtures about to suit [emoji6]

If Pollok are happy with Monday night maybe he will change that Monday night fixture if we get on at him and tell him it's not to our liking [emoji6]

Who's in charge here f**k sake.

[emoji6]

Another Brian meltdown [emoji23]

1 hour ago, StRochsFC said:

Just for clarity lads 

my point was that my preference was for cup ties on Wednesday but I understand the Central League Cup 1st round fixture (Cumbernauld/Pollok) going ahead as that game would have held others up not ideal but probably sensible - might mean Greenock now need to come to us on a Wednesday night which would not be ideal for them but evens out as we had to go down to Port Glasgow on a Wednesday couple of years ago

Also I will have a much bigger squad for the quarter final now so not all bad

PS if Kirkintilloch Rob Roy want to change fixture in central cup we would be happy to host next Wednesday - get the fixture out the way and not potentially take up another Saturday

Cheers

What an offer from St Roch's to KRR.

Get the game out the way and free up your options.

Simples.

1 hour ago, rednblack said:

I like how you make out moving to game away from our designated home game is a great thing that we are lucky to have been offered!
We've done this a few times in recent years so who knows.

Home game? It's not as though it makes much difference between playing in Cumbernauld or Provanmill from a KRR point of view.

16 hours ago, rednblack said:

Ye just put the team higher up in the league first you knew it was newlandsfield.

The fixture man is now showing he doesn't give a flying f.Uck it's all about the money and little effort as possible absolute wage thief. Bending over to clubs for the reasons stated puts his position to untenable. Only issue is clubs don't give a feck either and continue to let the wage thief do what he wants

I've searched high and low and can't see any fixtures beyond 22nd, could a kind soul point me in the direction to view fixtures for that midweek please.

There are no fixtures officially published beyond 22nd as yet. I've seen some clubs on here talking about fixtures beyond that which gives the impression that they have been tipped off, but there is nothing on the West Region website to confirm these fixtures as yet.

Archived