Fixtures for 22nd please

As it stood a few weeks ago , we (Cambuslang Rangers), had 6 league fixtures left to play , 3 home & 3 away in a season where we're heavily involved in a promotion battle. You'd like to think the remaining vital fixtures would be mixed , i.e. away , then home , then away etc. , but bizarrely we were given 3 straight home games , of which Forth Wanderers on Saturday at Somervell is the third, leaving us 3 straight away games to finish the season. Surely these games could've been mixed up a bit?
I reckon this is a bit disadvantageous to us , but time will tell I suppose......

It doesn't matter if you have 3 at home or 3 away if you are good enough you will go up

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, larky9 said:

It would be more even if it was home away etc but this is the SJFA we are talking about

Don't blame the SJFA as a whole (although there IS plenty to take them to task about) this is down to back-of-a-fag-packet man & his cronies pure and simple

Don't blame the SJFA as a whole (although there IS plenty to take them to task about) this is down to back-of-a-fag-packet man & his cronies pure and simple

The people who do the fixture list are part of the SJFA that's who I blame there have been weekends when they could've played league games and chose not hence teams are playing like 5/6 games in a 10/12 day period

1 hour ago, larky9 said:

The people who do the fixture list are part of the SJFA that's who I blame there have been weekends when they could've played league games and chose not hence teams are playing like 5/6 games in a 10/12 day period

100% correct.

Make sure your rep votes for the fixture list motion at the West AGM

Probably going to be the only person on this thread with this opinion, but so be it...

I think some of the comments on this thread and on P&B about the fixtures guy is OTT.

i bet everyone posting in here thinks they do an amazing job at what they do, but no doubt someone will tell them they can do it better. Happens in every walk of life.

So, yes we could improve things with regarding notice of fixtures, but I bet as soon as that happens and a club who had a fixture for x weeks in advance but due to games off / teams in or out cups it makes better sense to rearrange a game if it does or doesn't happen we will have the usual P&B thread with the abuse (often personal) about the fixtures person.

if there are proposals to improve the game at our level, then yeah make them and propose through the relevant channels but try and avoid the abuse as it will win you as many friends as it will enemies. 

It may be possible to improve fixtures notice, however not without other elements of the game revised. The Scottish cup being played in January / February costs too many call offs and impact on fixtures, so you can change the person who does the job, but the same problems will still exist. 

2 hours ago, superpollok said:

Probably going to be the only person on this thread with this opinion, but so be it...

I think some of the comments on this thread and on P&B about the fixtures guy is OTT.

i bet everyone posting in here thinks they do an amazing job at what they do, but no doubt someone will tell them they can do it better. Happens in every walk of life.

So, yes we could improve things with regarding notice of fixtures, but I bet as soon as that happens and a club who had a fixture for x weeks in advance but due to games off / teams in or out cups it makes better sense to rearrange a game if it does or doesn't happen we will have the usual P&B thread with the abuse (often personal) about the fixtures person.

if there are proposals to improve the game at our level, then yeah make them and propose through the relevant channels but try and avoid the abuse as it will win you as many friends as it will enemies. 

It may be possible to improve fixtures notice, however not without other elements of the game revised. The Scottish cup being played in January / February costs too many call offs and impact on fixtures, so you can change the person who does the job, but the same problems will still exist. 

Not the only person, I agree with you 100%, 

The Scottish is the main problem followed by the Central League Cup causing midweek fixtures at the same time as teams are trying to play catch up on league games.

Playing Mon/Wed/Sat is CRAZY and could cost teams promotion/relegation because of 2/3 mental weeks at the end of April undoing all their work in the previous 8 months.

Until the issues that creep up every year are sorted i.e the Scottish & getting the league finished for the idiotic evening times cup then whoever is the fixtures man will have the same issue . Only difference is that you won't have a cantankerous bas***d that seems to go out his way to f**k over the teams he's elected to serve in charge . That's my only issue with the man

You should never be at a game not knowing your next fixture, has happened a million times and therefore needs change.

The current man will be very difficult to dislodge therefore there needs to be something in the constitution re fixtures so the west region committee have rule the can pull him up on, if they happen to grow a set over the summer.

I work in the avionics industry as a software engineer. If my colleagues and I wrote software like the west region organises fixtures there would be more planes in the seas than the skies.

Archived