How many league spaces available?

On 23/04/2017 at 16:03, Bundesliga Boy said:

Very much agree.

I think its inevitable that within the next couple of years that two teams will be relegated from the LL provided, as you alluded to, both EOS and SOS Champs are Licensed.

Sadly it's less likely that they'll abolish the Club 42 v HL/LL winner but it's something that really should be looked at.

And lastly they absolutely should take the necessary steps within the next couple of years to ensure that the Highland/Lowland have the same number of teams within each league.  I suspect however this will be achieved through reducing the Highland League by two clubs.  Obviously however there would have to be a link up with the North Juniors to facilitate this, but I can definitely see that happening in the foreseeable future.

Yes 16 clubs for Lowland & Highland is the SFA's preference, so a pyramid link with the North Juniors should be achievable without unnecessary political interference., Also needed is a link up with the North Caledonian League, which represents an area of Scotland which is otherwise excluded. Two separate North feeder leagues,would benefit both the Juniors, but also the NCL, as it would provide a bolt hole for struggling/future relegated HFL clubs like Fort and Strathspey.

Sort out the North and it will make things easier for a future East & West pyramid solution. Hopefully !

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, theProdigy said:

Girvan left to the amount of travelling involved! It's a quite a bit of travelling for players in Stranraer in this league, but Girvan is another half hour on top so their closest away game would be about an hours drive (Newton Stewart)... It was a logical choice for them

Girvan to Dumfries is a good hour and a half, Glasgow an hour so Juniors makes more sense than SoS. 

One problem with sorting the North is the SFAs preference for the 'North' to be anything north of the river Tay. There are plenty of clubs in the East Juniors north of the Tay and I'm guessing most wouldn't be pleased to move regions.

I agree with the SFAs boundary, I just don't think the likes of Lochee would.

Archived