Surprised there hasn't been a thread started for the latest series of Masterchef. Only saw the first week on catch up (Searching for next series my arse, Sky+ box) but liked what I saw. Slightly different start with the "Market challenge" and already a few decent cooks and a few fantasists. Any other fans out there?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say i always take evil pleasure in the elimination of the most pretentious foodie fan boy / girl types just before they are allowed to cook for the chef they stalk the most. Agree with prev post about the geordie lass looks a good cook n be good craic for a few bevvys....hate the middle class luvvy types who witter on about changing their office based £80k a year job for 4 1/2 days a week for £15k a year 60 hrs a week in a real kitchen...

I took great pleasure in seeing that paralegal twat get punted last week. Absolute dunderheid.

I've also taken a dislike to the tall guy with the dodgy teeth.

There are some decent cooks this year. The Irish one looks decent, likewise the one from...Bristol I think?

Away to watch last night's one.

Should be, that's where I saw the first week's episodes. 

Feared for the big Scottish lad when it kept showing him going back to the market, then again when he told Gregg what he was making. The Junior doctor lassie looks to be this year's annoying posho.

2 hours ago, locheedfcno1 said:

What part of Scotland is billy from?

Who knows, they were at pains to hide his location. Every caption said 'Scotland' while everyone else had their town or city. If that's not grounds for independence I don't know what is.

Anyway I've enjoyed this series so far. Good that their weeding out the real dross very early on.

I wonder if there's some sort of practical test before they get chosen to go on because I reckon I could have cooked better looking/tasting plates of food than some of them and I don't claim to be an amazing chef!!

Archived