• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lyndsay and Alison both remind me of people (actresses or presenters or something) but I can't for the life of me remember who. A bit irritating.

Thought Tom Kitchin was pretty harsh today which was quite good. Glad that Fumbi is out. He should have left after the failed cheesecake, let alone the "pie". I wasn't that keen on some of the stuff in the professional kitchen tonight. Still interesting to see how they coped though. 

Lyndsay and Alison both remind me of people (actresses or presenters or something) but I can't for the life of me remember who. A bit irritating.

Thought Tom Kitchin was pretty harsh today which was quite good. Glad that Fumbi is out. He should have left after the failed cheesecake, let alone the "pie". I wasn't that keen on some of the stuff in the professional kitchen tonight. Still interesting to see how they coped though. 

I genuinely can't be bothered with the on location stuff mainly because John and Gregg can't be bothered either. They NEVER consider what happens there when judging, it's all about what they do back in the MasterChef kitchen.

Has anyone seen the US version if this, it is night and day. It is completely overblown cynical contrived typical US reality tv.  Absolute car crash stuff. The contestants I saw would get rejected from the Apprentice for being too full of themselves. The prize is $250,000, they do a junior version too where the prize is $100,000 which I can imagine must lead to some resentment from the parents once their kids gets booted off.

Imran had an absolute howler in both challenges but survives. Madness.

Yeah theres been some weird decisions this series. Dunno if its a deliberate attempt to court some controversy?? Oh ad what was said about the us masterchef is spot on. Literally all of them need booted in the pie. The uk one is far more restrained and therefore watchable than the us, oz, nz, sa n Canadian versions.

Imran needed the chef to do half his job in the pro kitchen (strange having a tasting menu too I thought - less potential for the contestants messing up timing) then made something John described as basic which then turned out not very well at all. At least Shauna made something interesting and showed different skills. Oh well. Lyndsay or Giovanna to win, maybe Alison since she's good and pretty.

Seen the Australian version once. First invention test was to make something where brains were the main ingredient. Where's that Clint Eastwood gif when you need it?

Yeah theres been some weird decisions this series. Dunno if its a deliberate attempt to court some controversy?? Oh ad what was said about the us masterchef is spot on. Literally all of them need booted in the pie. The uk one is far more restrained and therefore watchable than the us, oz, nz, sa n Canadian versions.

Surely the stupid yanks are only capable of making burgers and hot dogs?

That tasting menu at Roux Parliament looks like it is £158 for 2 people. Doesn't sound too bad considering some of the prices that most of these fancy restaurants charge.

I'd be wanting a sight more food on my plate than that for £158 tbh....

Shauna made an absolute arse of the last round as well by serving an entirely raw egg and that tea-infused bacon; over the course of the competition the correct decision was made. Two thoughts:

- Why do Greggy and Torode dine at the restaurant during the external task and pretend that they're judging the dishes served? The contestants are working to somebody else's recipe and wouldn't be allowed to serve it if they had produced a pile of utter shit. Literally every single comment is positive, this segment achieves nothing and therefore belongs in the sea.

- Lyndsay will end up as the bold Greggy's fifth wife, NAP.

Shauna made an absolute arse of the last round as well by serving an entirely raw egg and that tea-infused bacon; over the course of the competition the correct decision was made. Two thoughts:
- Why do Greggy and Torode dine at the restaurant during the external task and pretend that they're judging the dishes served? The contestants are working to somebody else's recipe and wouldn't be allowed to serve it if they had produced a pile of utter shit. Literally every single comment is positive, this segment achieves nothing and therefore belongs in the sea.
- Lyndsay will end up as the bold Greggy's fifth wife, NAP.

Had forgotten about her breakfast atrocity. Still think wee imran dodged a bullet. Agree 100% on the restaurant bits n lynsey! !

On 2017-4-27 at 20:58, The Naitch said:

Imran had an absolute howler in both challenges but survives. Madness.

Just caught up on last night's show. Another bowfing performance. At least they had the sense to can him this time.

When he had a bit of a mare, I thought 'well that's Imran gone' but then so many of them didn't get it done so I feared he'd somehow manage to stay in. It was a pretty interesting episode I thought - lots of mistakes, some good harsh judging and two or three who really upped their game. Now onto the crazy challenge section. Looking forward to it.

Archived