SNP Failing Scotland

MICKYMACK

I think there should be a thread illuminating the failure of the Scottish Government Government.

Why did Sturgeon tell a USA audience that she may go to the Courts before she lets Scots know her plans?

Why has the only piece of business to pass through Holyrood. in a whole year, been the Scottish Budget?

Why did the SNP mislead business owners within the hospitality sector that their rates would be caped at 12.5% then clobber them with a further 2,25% with no mention of inflation, and the will have to pay the full increase and then claim it back. How are farmers getting on with their Delayed GB payments from the EU?

Why is Scottish economic growth falling behind the UK figures?

Inward investment in Scotland is being shelved because of concerns about another referendum. Why?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MICKYMACK said:

I think there should be a thread illuminating the failure of the Scottish Government Government.

Why did Sturgeon tell a USA audience that she may go to the Courts before she lets Scots know her plans?

Why has the only piece of business to pass through Holyrood. in a whole year, been the Scottish Budget?

Why did the SNP mislead business owners within the hospitality sector that their rates would be caped at 12.5% then clobber them with a further 2,25% with no mention of inflation, and the will have to pay the full increase and then claim it back. How are farmers getting on with their Delayed GB payments from the EU?

Inward investment in Scotland is being shelved because of concerns about another referendum. Why?

Are they related to Hibernian FC Club?

4 minutes ago, MICKYMACK said:

Image result for minter meme

1 hour ago, MICKYMACK said:

Nicola Sturgeon

1 hour ago, MICKYMACK said:

I don't want to respond to the troll, but why do dumb Yoons keep saying this?

Here's a list of Acts of the Scottish Parliament that are less than a year old:

Abusive Behaviour and Sexual Harm (Scotland) Act 2016 received Royal Assent on 28th April 2016

Bankruptcy (Scotland) Act 2016 received Royal Assent on 28th April 2016

Burial and Cremation (Scotland) Act 2016 received Royal Assent on 28th April 2016

Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016 received Royal Assent on 22nd April 2016

Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2016 received Royal Assent on 22nd April 2016

Scottish Fiscal Commission Act 2016 received Royal Assent on 14 April 2016

Lobbying (Scotland) Act 2016 received Royal Assent on 14 April 2016

Higher Education Governance (Scotland) Act 2016 received Royal Assent on 13th April 2016

Health (Tobacco, Nicotine etc. and Care) (Scotland) Act 2016 received Royal Assent on 6th April 2016

That's a total of 9 Acts. In addition, the Scottish Parliament has passed over 100 pieces of secondary legislation (Regulations & Orders) in 2017 and over 400 in total in the whole of 2016 (I can't be bothered checking monthly totals, so some will be more than a year old)

Can anyone give me the actual basis for the Unionists "No legislation in a year" claim?

2 hours ago, MICKYMACK said:

Inward investment has been stalled in the UK because of Brexit, although it has picked up in Ireland. The battle will be to persuade international investors that an independent Scotland will provide a better European hub than Ireland. 

Abusive Behaviour and Sexual Harm (Scotland) Act 2016 received Royal Assent on 28th April 2016
Burial and Cremation (Scotland) Act 2016 received Royal Assent on 28th April 2016
Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016 received Royal Assent on 22nd April 2016
Higher Education Governance (Scotland) Act 2016 received Royal Assent on 13th April 2016
Health (Tobacco, Nicotine etc. and Care) (Scotland) Act 2016 received Royal Assent on 6th April 2016
That's a total of 9 Acts. In addition, the Scottish Parliament has passed over 100 pieces of secondary legislation (Regulations & Orders) in 2017 and over 400 in total in the whole of 2016 (I can't be bothered checking monthly totals, so some will be more than a year old)
Can anyone give me the actual basis for the Unionists "No legislation in a year" claim?

Fucking facts! How dare you

49 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

It's been a year since the last act.   So they are factually correct.   But 2016 is also factually the year with the most legislation passed since the parliament reconvened.   

I believe 22 acts were passed in 2016, you don't have the lot.  

edit for linkage http://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2016

11 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

It's been a year since the last act.   So they are factually correct.   But 2016 is also factually the year with the most legislation passed since the parliament reconvened.   

I believe 16 acts were passed in 2016, you don't have the lot.  

If you look at my original post, you'll see that I gave the actual date that each Act passed into law. In every case, it's less than a year ago. The other acts passed in 2016 have actually been on the statute book for more than a year - that's why I didn't include them.

I also note that you haven't addressed the fact that somewhere in the region of 500 Regulations & Orders have also been passed by the Scottish Parliament. Why is this legislation not being taken into account?

Accordingly, I cannot agree with you that "they are factually correct"

Edited to add: Your own link shows that 22 Acts were passed in 2016, not 16 as you state above

3 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

If you look at my original post, you'll see that I gave the actual date that each Act passed into law. In every case, it's less than a year ago. The other acts passed in 2016 have actually been on the statute book for more than a year - that's why I didn't include them.

I also note that you haven't addressed the fact that somewhere in the region of 500 Regulations & Orders have also been passed by the Scottish Parliament. Why is this legislation not being taken into account?

Accordingly, I cannot agree with you that "they are factually correct"

Edited to add: Your own link shows that 22 Acts were passed in 2016, not 16

Hence the use of the number 22.   

What's the normal timetable between a parliamentary vote and Royal Assent at Holyrood,  given there's no upper house? 

If it takes a matter of months I believe this idiotic line of questioning by rattled yoons stands up.  

Archived