Crowds

Born To Run

On 4/4/2017 at 21:19, HibeeJibee said:

I don't think any HL clubs publish.

Whitehill only one I'm aware of in LL. Gretna used to in their old website. Don't think 'Shire even have.

It's very rare in non-league as not compulsory.

The Northern League at level 9 and 10 in English Pyramid publish attendance figures for all games across both divisions and they are available on their website going back years.

Did notice on the ground hops that the hop organisers count the crowds, so I assume the Lowland league don't collect the information on attendances. It seems a petty point, but I would have thought any club would be interested in its own attendances as presumably the paying punters are a big part of what keeps many clubs going, them and the volunteers. That being the case, not counting the attendances would seem a bit remiss. Counting them and publishing them are two different things though. 

I went to Northbank Carlisle v Whitley Bay A in the Northern Alliance Premier Division today (Level 11 in the English pyramid) and I counted the 'crowd' myself. It didn't take long and came to 11 in the first half swelling to 15 in the second half. Four of those were pre-school age kids who were more interested in swinging off the barriers round the pitch than the game itself and they were just enjoying themselves in the sunshine which is always good to see.

8 hours ago, Roker Rover said:

The Northern League at level 9 and 10 in English Pyramid publish attendance figures for all games across both divisions and they are available on their website going back years.

Did notice on the ground hops that the hop organisers count the crowds, so I assume the Lowland league don't collect the information on attendances. It seems a petty point, but I would have thought any club would be interested in its own attendances as presumably the paying punters are a big part of what keeps many clubs going, them and the volunteers. That being the case, not counting the attendances would seem a bit remiss. Counting them and publishing them are two different things though. 

I went to Northbank Carlisle v Whitley Bay A in the Northern Alliance Premier Division today (Level 11 in the English pyramid) and I counted the 'crowd' myself. It didn't take long and came to 11 in the first half swelling to 15 in the second half. Four of those were pre-school age kids who were more interested in swinging off the barriers round the pitch than the game itself and they were just enjoying themselves in the sunshine which is always good to see.

We have a record from every game of paying customers. I guess all LL clubs will have for their accounts. 

If Liverpool aren't playing and I'm there I'll try and do a headcount and we put it in our programme. I'm the only one sad enough to do it though :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

We have a record from every game of paying customers. I guess all LL clubs will have for their accounts. 

If Liverpool aren't playing and I'm there I'll try and do a headcount and we put it in our programme. I'm the only one sad enough to do it though :lol: 

Reckon aboot 64 yesterday Rab (I always lose count as folk move around come oot clubhouse etc :D) and that included a man and his dug. 

Students never bring a crowd, sooner the junior masses converge the better,might just keep us afloat ;)

Edit: I'm sure oor and other LL team finances are in safe hands without worrying about that though.... 

Archived