Final Renfrewshire Derby of the season

46 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

To be fair, it was our worst performance of the season last time:)

To be fair (and I'm really not wanting have a go here), our performance last night was probably better than your performance back in October. It really is amazing to see what Jack Ross has done down Paisley way in such a short space of time and you guys deserve to stay up now for your recent form.

^^^ typed through gritted teeth :lol: 

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IainMorton said:

To be fair (and I'm really not wanting have a go here), our performance last night was probably better than your performance back in October. It really is amazing to see what Jack Ross has done down Paisley way in such a short space of time and you guys deserve to stay up now for your recent form.

Cant argue with that:thumsup2

7 hours ago, IainMorton said:

I'd argue that we were equally as poor as them.

7 hours ago, IainMorton said:

If you stuck that Morton performance/team on Tuesday against that St Mirren one in November, Morton would have edged it. 

If Morton played as badly on Tuesday as we did back then, we'd have taken another few off them. 

9 hours ago, Kingston Bud said:

Had a wee read on the Morton message board to see there fans feelings. Pretty much same as on here. Saints were fantastic and Morton were poor.

This was interesting though

Found this from VIRGINTON

Saying St Mirren have failed to beat Morton 6 times out the last 7 games.

Goes to show he is talking shite on there as well lads as St Mirren have won 3 out the last 7

emoji847.png
St Mirren 1 Morton 1
Morton 0 Saints 1
St Mirren 3 Morton 1
St Mirren 1 Morton 1
Morton 3 St Mirren 1
St Mirren 1 Morton 1
Morton 1 St Mirren 4

a792569400afe7337dec0e63bb60b176.jpg

Most deluded poster on the forum by a long, long way.

16 minutes ago, Cowshed118 said:

Yes mate, Forbes, Kilday, OWare , Quitongo , Ooiver and the boy Thompson from Dumbarton all signed up for next season.

Decent start, that. I guess you won't want to do too much more business until after the playoffs.

The less-discussed negative side to being in a relegation scrap is the inability to do any decent forward planning until your future is known; to a degree, you'll have the same problem, but at least you can sign up the better players, those that could do a job in the top flight, offering them Championship football as a minimum.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Morton fans were slating that one hit wonder Mallan too, 25 goals and 25 assists in just over 100 games isn't bad for a dud.

Tbh our fans slate him too.

Tuesday night is the first time I've seen him have a real impact on a game between ourselves. Seemed better with McGinn behind him.

24 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Tuesday night is the first time I've seen him have a real impact on a game between ourselves. Seemed better with McGinn behind him.

It is the same as Kenny McLean was for us. It is a waste when he plays deep and ruins his confidence. Give him a sitting midfielder and push Mallan up the park a bit and he can perform. 

He is a terrific player, however was completely anonymous the start of the season with Kyle Hutton beside him and most fans would have taken the money. Could be the best bit of business holding onto him in January. 

4 hours ago, Cowshed118 said:

Ross Forbes is better than both Mcginns in the league, the stats dont lie emoji106.png

McGinn has only been here since the Jan window, in that short space of time he's arguably been the best midfielder in this division.

He's been instrumental in our revival. Forbes has also been outstanding for a longer period of the season for Morton, and therefore will probably edge it over the season.

Archived