Final Renfrewshire Derby of the season

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Most of the Morton fans have been rightly furious with their team and full of praise for their Paisley rivals. Fair play to all of them.

Strange that St Mirren, Dumbarton and the mighty Dunfermline all managed to beat Morton but runaway leaders Hibs have had two shots at them and only came away with a couple of points.

Not strange in the least, these teams are fighting for their lives and Hibs have been in first gear since Dundee United away. We've failed to beat those teams in the last few weeks as well.

I was frustrated on Saturday about how negative we were after going ahead against a Morton team in the middle of a total bottle crash. Those two points were much better for us than Morton though.

40 minutes ago, port-ton said:

For St Mirren to stay up it would have taken league winning form and a couple of teams to go in to absolute free fall. They've done their part of the bargain and teams like Ayr and Raith have made it possible for them. Fair fucks to the Paisley tinks. It will be the greatest escape since Rangers went down to 9 men and still beat them in a national cup final.

That game still haunts me, but the occasions are great: I'm surprised you lot haven't fancied getting to a proper final in the past half century or so.

Honestly, you should try it.

21 hours ago, Wullie McNaught said:

I mistakenly compared this seasons Morton to last seasons Rovers. I am now retracting that statement. There is no comparison. They are shit.

You'd know all about shit ....now serve Zen his dinner...there's a good chap.

3 hours ago, Janne Lindberg's Laces said:

First goal is just sloppy defending of a break. Not too many complaints with the second goal, still looks too good for Gaston to get to. For the 3rd Russell just jogs into the box instead of trying to get close to Sutton, after Murdoch and Lindsay have made an absolute cock of it in the middle of the park. The 4th is proper Sunday league goalkeeping, on your line or clear the man out Gaston.

I've harboured the thought Gaston is suspect...the last few games have confirmed .

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

For St Mirren to stay up it would have taken league winning form and a couple of teams to go in to absolute free fall. They've done their part of the bargain and teams like Ayr and Raith have made it possible for them. Fair fucks to the Paisley tinks. It will be the greatest escape since Rangers went down to 9 men and still beat them in a national cup final.

I'm sure you'll be able to regale us all with your tales of your team reaching a national cup final.........

Just in case you can't, here's a picture to help you along.

st-mirren-hearts_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm sure you'll be able to regale us all with your tales of your team reaching a national cup final.........

Just in case you can't, here's a picture to help you along.

st-mirren-hearts_1.jpg

You can tell that that is a diddy cup. Your players don't even look bothered to be winning it.

On the other hand look at the bedlam when a team wins a real trophy.

Related image

4 minutes ago, port-ton said:

You can tell that that is a diddy cup. Your players don't even look bothered to be winning it.

On the other hand look at the bedlam when a team wins a real trophy.

Related image

Nice try, but you're still a bunch of no marks.

Had a wee read on the Morton message board to see there fans feelings. Pretty much same as on here. Saints were fantastic and Morton were poor.

This was interesting though

Found this from VIRGINTON

Saying St Mirren have failed to beat Morton 6 times out the last 7 games.

Goes to show he is talking shite on there as well lads as St Mirren have won 3 out the last 7

[emoji847]
St Mirren 1 Morton 1
Morton 0 Saints 1
St Mirren 3 Morton 1
St Mirren 1 Morton 1
Morton 3 St Mirren 1
St Mirren 1 Morton 1
Morton 1 St Mirren 4

a792569400afe7337dec0e63bb60b176.jpg

Archived