Final Renfrewshire Derby of the season

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was unexpectedly easy. I did expect us to win but not for Morton to capitulate like they did. Could easily have been a couple more. Pity the season did not start in January there as we would be top.

Singing in the rain, I'm singing in the rain, ..........

Can I just also say before I crawl back under my rock, this was the queue outside of Cappielow with less than 5 minutes until kick off, (there's a queue every week but it was obviously bigger today given it's a derby and the significance of the game.) Yet some of the turnstiles are shut, been like this for weeks but today was an absolute joke. Let people in to see the full match they've paid to see and open all the turnstiles ffs.

42857e5936bd963a92997f3524c143b8.jpg

32 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Don't even know where to begin. That's up there with getting humiliated in Hamilton 3 years ago. We just didn't get going and not one player looked interested or up for it. Huge contrast with the St Mirren team where every single player ran themselves into the ground. 

We have ran out of luck, tiredness has kicked in, and our players are losing form but that didn't matter tonight. St Mirren absolutely deserved to win that, and 4-1 flattered us. Have to hold your hands up and give credit where it's due. The team we pumped back in November was full of losers, now it's a team full of winners and Jack Ross & Co have done a superb job. 

Not it wasn't.

I think a lot of people need to go to their bed and wake up in the morning more calm.

Firstly well done st mirren totally fucking hammerd us tonight thats been some turn around from the winter window.

Secondly What the f**k was that shambles of a performance from morton tonight. Duffy and the players have recived many pludits this season and rightly so but that was a fucking car crash from start to finish and everyone of them need a good boot in the fucking baws after that.

1 minute ago, Deego said:

Not it wasn't.

I think a lot of people need to go to their bed and wake up in the morning more calm.

That was an appalling defeat tonight though? It's not as bad as Hamilton, but it's the most embarrsssed I've felt to be a Morton fan since and that includes getting papped out the cup at Spartans. 

Gutless, slow, devoid of ideas and fight. Fair play to St Mirren, completely deserved that tonight. You could see from the first minute that St Mirren wanted it more, which is something that we've not levelled at this Morton team really. None of the players come out of that with any credit but Forbes and Russell look miles away from their best. Shankland was very poor but we could have had anyone up front tonight and they wouldn't have received decent service to score.

Just now, Scosha said:

That was an appalling defeat tonight though? It's not as bad as Hamilton, but it's the most embarrsssed I've felt to be a Morton fan since and that includes getting papped out the cup at Spartans. 

Yeah, it was pretty bad. Come to think of it, I might not be as bothered as others because at 3-1 I remember deciding 'right, f**k this, I've had enough' and gave up caring (much like the team it would seem!) so I actually missed the 4th goal completely (much like the team, I'm told!) as I'd given up and started pissing about on my phone instead of watching the game.

25 minutes ago, Wullie McNaught said:

I always expect the Rovers to be very competitive in this division because I feel it's where the club fits best in the league structure in this day and age.

Yes you normally are. Sad what's happened this year.

Would rather a club with your traditions in the league than a club like Livingstone.

Good luck.

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Full-time scenes at Cappielow.<a href="https://twitter.com/saintmirrenfc">@saintmirrenfc</a> fans, you might like this... <a href="https://t.co/DE2g0aBtu2">pic.twitter.com/DE2g0aBtu2</a></p>&mdash; Kenny Crawford (@KCrawfordBBC) <a href="https://twitter.com/KCrawfordBBC/status/851909210598146048">April 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Give it another go.

Highlight of the day was being with my pals who had brought their sons to their first ever away game. 

Their memories of away games will be like mine, going to Greenock for a regulation win. 

I honestly dont think Saints played that well, we gave the ball away too easily and didn't allow our quality to show. What we did do though was dour it out and win every single individual battle, sometimes that can be just as important. 

Still a long way to go to be safe but we are in a far better position than most of us would have imagined even a couple of months ago.  

Archived