Final Renfrewshire Derby of the season

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't believe this group of players were capable of giving such a shameful performance like I witnessed tonight. Totally chucked it altogether!

St Mirren not only wanted it more they deserved their win by that margin. Still in shock at the way we played.

The team looked like they were at the bottom of the league fighting relegation with no confidence.

Disgraceful stuff from Morton and too many players should be holding their heads in shame  

You know the sweetest part? November saw us take the biggest humbling in terms of performance I've ever seen in 24 years of following us and yet the famous only managed to stiff us 3-1.

We've only come back to the scene of our worst performance and done Morton over by a bigger margin than they could muster against us. 

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the gift Morton. X

We've not chucked it. We're simply blowing out of our arses and I'd feel pretty uncomfortable pointing fingers at anyone given that we're in a playoff spot because guys have been putting unreal effort in for us to be able to punch above our weight. This was inevitable.

All of this talk about lack of fight and us blowing it coming from others is fine given the big licks we've been giving on here. From our own supporters? They'd do well to remember why second place was in our hands tonight.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

It's what they're The Famous for.

Famously superior to the burners for a whole second straight season. I think that trumps a night where we didn't turn up for a derby that could've put us 2nd in the league and in a strong position to go up but now no wins in 5 and throwing it all away. Much better.

2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

We've not chucked it. We're simply blowing out of our arses and I'd feel pretty uncomfortable pointing fingers at anyone given that we're in a playoff spot because guys have been putting unreal effort in for us to be able to punch above our weight. This was inevitable.

All of this talk about lack of fight and us blowing it coming from others is fine given the big licks we've been giving on here. From our own supporters? They'd do well to remember why second place was in our hands tonight.

You don't throw in a performance like that in a derby. No amount of apologist pish like this will change my mind on that.

All well and good but that doesn't excuse not being able to do the basics in a derby match. They completely fell to pieces and that's not acceptable no matter how well they've done throughout the season or how tired they are. Gary Oliver hasn't even played that much and he was second to every ball tonight

Outfought and outplayed. Simply not fucking good enough. St. Mirren were excellent and thoroughly deserved their win. That wee p***k Mallan's goal was a fucking screamer. Enjoy your night Saints fans. 

All well and good but that doesn't excuse not being able to do the basics in a derby match. They completely fell to pieces and that's not acceptable no matter how well they've done throughout the season or how tired they are. Gary Oliver hasn't even played that much and he was second to every ball tonight

I'll definitely give you that one. But for the most part, we've looked like a done team for weeks. A pumping was always likely tonight. It was a completely fucked team against a decent side fighting for survival.

Archived