Rip off !

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

It's a single use carrier bag that gets charged for, regardless of whether it's plastic or paper.
You'll get a bag for free in McDonald's if your food item is not fully covered such as Fries. The majority of time if you say no you'll get one anyway cause your fries will be in one and it's just as easy to put your burger in it too.
With regards to not being able to charge for a bag that advertises the company......what a load of sh**e.
The fact I know so much about 5p bag charges worries me slightly!

^^^In charge of the bags at McDonald's.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Biggest rip off? Paying £100 a month council tax for a house I don't live in, and don't even own.

Away wi aw yer £2 for charging phones and 5p bags. Am subsidising my fellow Fifers and funding the junkie relocation program.

Factoring, an even bigger racket, don't even start me.

1moj7m.jpg

8 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Funniest line I've ever read on P+B was about the 5p plastic bag charge a couple of years back....

Somebody was moaning about the cost, and said that when his Chinese turned up at the door, he flat-out refused to pay the extra 10p for bags.

To which SodjesSixteenIncher responded...

I remember this thread too. A classic of the genre.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I remember this thread too. A classic of the genre.

You're not wrong. Just sat and read it again. It's got all the hallmarks of a classic. It's a who's who of folk you don't see any more.

The Late Tom McB wades in with a ridiculous argument that it discriminates against the poor who are too stupid to remember to reuse bags, there's the obligatory spelling correction, Jock001 (RIP) has a go at the "nanny state c***s", The Late Tom McB getting a sly dig in at Yes voters, then philpy makes a joke describing his bird as a "Bag for life" that nobody responds to. Then it's on to Erin Go Bragh's ridiculous notion that people the length and breadth of the country were buying £200 laptops and putting them in 5p carrier bags. And then it's onto a tall tale from me about buying a bag and being asked whether I want to put in a bag, a specious argument from FlyerTon about the Chinese, and then callum-ayr's hilarious anecdote about flinging 5p in coppers at a fast-food worker on minimum wage. 

And that's only page 4. 

Enjoy. 

Oh god, I've just seen this from me

I was in Morrisons (for the first time in several years) the other day and got ruined by this. "Have you brought your own bags?" "Yes." "Please place your bag on the item area." Problem was, there was already stuff in my bag. So the weight was wrong. Plus, I was buying one thing that I could fit in my pocket. I didn't need a bag. As is the case probably with several people using self-checkouts to buy one or two things. I hope the Asda ones have more common sense about them.

As for the actual charge, good. As for anyone refusing to spend tens of pounds and then seething about an extra 5p, when you can get a bag for life for a pittance more and re-use it, is a complete imbecile and it makes me happy that some rage has been brought to their world.

I was one of them.

20 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Thats absolutely honking banter.

I see you've met Zen Archer

All the more tragic in this instance since the five Coopers should have had the first initial P. to really carry out the post properly.

• 6 months later...

Archived