Rip off !

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Where did you hear this utter nonsense? 

Seen it mentioned a few places. Like I say I don't need to bother my arse as I have plenty bags for life.

Just raising the question really.

Seems mental the shops would just ignore it if it's true.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

It's my understanding that they cannot charge if it has the name of the shop on the bag and yet they all still do.

Heard someone spout this facebook type pish in a store.

"you're charging me for a bag and i'm advertising your store"

Strange why apple charge for their phone when the have the apple logo on them :rolleyes:

Why are shops getting away with blatantly igoring the law regarding 5p for a carrier bag?
It's my understanding that they cannot charge if it has the name of the shop on the bag and yet they all still do.
For the record I'm a bag for life man so I've not been suckered out of my hard earned yet.
Feel this is appropriate on this thread 

5p would settle for that. Was 22 cents for wafer thin bags in tesco here in Ireland. That was bad enough till they done away with the thin bags only to be replaced by slightly thicker ones costing 70 cents. No profit on thinner version as 22 cents was the govt levvy.

1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The one I don't get is how McDonald's and such charge for a paper bag? Thought the issue was with plastic.

I never know if it's me being thick or them but whenever I get something from the drive thru (sic.) they ask if I'd like a bag. I say no but they give me one anyway and don't charge the 5p.

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I never know if it's me being thick or them but whenever I get something from the drive thru (sic.) they ask if I'd like a bag. I say no but they give me one anyway and don't charge the 5p.

Life just can't get any better for you.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Life just can't get any better for you.

Oh yes it can. I just bought a milkshake from a shop in Gorgie. The self service checkout gave me the wrong change. I got 40p back from a £1 for an item that cost 65p. I feel a bit like a criminal though.

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Oh yes it can. I just bought a milkshake from a shop in Gorgie. The self service checkout gave me the wrong change. I got 40p back from a £1 for an item that cost 65p. I feel a bit like a criminal though.

You'll feel even more like a criminal when the police batter down your door at 2.00 a.m.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The one I don't get is how McDonald's and such charge for a paper bag? Thought the issue was with plastic.

It's reusable that's the key to it. 

It's 5 (five) pence. If it was included in your meal you wouldn't know the difference.

Think I'd ken if there was a paper bag in my burger...dafty.
But I guess you're right. It's 5p, who gives a shit? Still say no and hope for a free one, they can afford the hit just as much as I can.

It's a single use carrier bag that gets charged for, regardless of whether it's plastic or paper.
You'll get a bag for free in McDonald's if your food item is not fully covered such as Fries. The majority of time if you say no you'll get one anyway cause your fries will be in one and it's just as easy to put your burger in it too.
With regards to not being able to charge for a bag that advertises the company......what a load of sh**e.
The fact I know so much about 5p bag charges worries me slightly!

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

A sic bag...?

Archived