Rip off !

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Pub I was in last night charges £2 for customers to charge their phone behind the bar.

Is there a more blatant example of utterly taking the piss than this?

£26 to sit in the corner of Parkhead on Wednesday night...

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Pub I was in last night charges £2 for customers to charge their phone behind the bar.

Yes, trying to book a family holiday when the schools are off.

6 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

I always offer a quid or so if asking for my phone to be charged. 

17 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Well, you're using their leccy.

It costs about £3 per year to charge your phone, £2 is a bit of a mark up for a charge.

Still, you're in the pub, put your fucking phone away and talk to someone.

27 minutes ago, Romeo said:

It costs about £3 per year to charge your phone, £2 is a bit of a mark up for a charge.

I read somewhere that leaving a charger plugged in for a year uses the same energy as driving a car for one second. Anyway, I just find a socket behind the fruit machine and plug it in.

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I read somewhere that leaving a charger plugged in for a year uses the same energy as driving a car for one second. Anyway, I just find a socket behind the fruit machine and plug it in.

That requires having a charger though.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That requires having a charger though.

Plenty room in my man bag. Though I've now bought a battery pack the size of a cigarette lighter that can charge my phone to 50% in an hour, sitting in my jacket pocket.

Why are shops getting away with blatantly igoring the law regarding 5p for a carrier bag?

It's my understanding that they cannot charge if it has the name of the shop on the bag and yet they all still do.

For the record I'm a bag for life man so I've not been suckered out of my hard earned yet.

Feel this is appropriate on this thread 

Why are shops getting away with blatantly igoring the law regarding 5p for a carrier bag?
It's my understanding that they cannot charge if it has the name of the shop on the bag and yet they all still do.
For the record I'm a bag for life man so I've not been suckered out of my hard earned yet.
Feel this is appropriate on this thread 

Goes to charity anyway you tight arse.

Funniest line I've ever read on P+B was about the 5p plastic bag charge a couple of years back....

Somebody was moaning about the cost, and said that when his Chinese turned up at the door, he flat-out refused to pay the extra 10p for bags.

To which SodjesSixteenIncher responded...

He should've turned up with a wok and poured it through the letter box you miserable twat.

37 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Where did you hear this utter nonsense? 

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

Agree with this. Being glued to your phone in a pub is bawbag behaviour. Asking bar staff to charge your phone?! Ffs.

Archived