Airdrie vs Brechin

Despite our atrocious form, we're still in with a good shout of a play off place, especially if we win this game. Tall order given the doing Brechin dished out a few weeks back.

Playing Scott Stewart in midfield and Russell up front with Ryan (dropping Mackay) may make the difference. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

if we play a passing game.

Unfortunately doesn't happen often enough.

The fact that it's a home game ought to be an advantage, but with us it doesn't seem to matter so much.

Same formation as against Stenny might prove efficacious.

◇◇◇

2 hours ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

Unfortunately doesn't happen often enough.

The fact that it's a home game ought to be an advantage, but with us it doesn't seem to matter so much.

Same formation as against Stenny might prove efficacious.

◇◇◇

nice.jpg

Very hard game today ...Not taking anything for granted after the way we lay down to Livvy last week ... 2 very hard away games coming up and i m actually more confident about taking points at Alloa nxt week .... If we keep our discipline and everyone puts in effort we can get points on the board today ....

Hopefully Caldwell misses game we need 11 men on pitch

Brechin were very poor today. Can't believe that beat us 3-0 a couple of weeks ago.

Very comfortable win despite the nonsense before half time. 2 well taken goals from Russell (nearly 3). That's 18 for the season. Don't know another club where some folk don't think he deserves a starting place.

Midfield good especially Hutton who does the simple things well. Good stuff too from Conroy especially the pass to set up McDonald. 

The new system worked from an attacking point of view I.e. McDonald scoring and Stewart setting one up. Defensively Mensing and Gorman still look dodgy.

Finally, Ferguson. The guy is rank rotten. It's no good saying he's young. A 9 year old would have known that a harmless bouncing ball coming towards him was his to claim. I'm fed up folk defending him. The first task for next season is to sign a decent keeper.

It's in our own hands now. Which means we'll probably make a mess of it.

Does anyone else get the impression that it would benefit the team to get more practice on the Excelsior pitch? Artificial grass can be an incredibly quick and high bouncing surface and it seems to me our lads often get caught out by the ball either bouncing in a way they hadn't anticipated or a ball skidding at them/away from them much quicker than they expect.

I think we're the only outfit in this league (??) who play on a plastic pitch so if we practised on it more it could be used to our advantage. [Or do Stenny have a plastic pitch?]

Reminds me a bit of tennis players. Some excel more on slow hard courts, some on fast hardcourts, some on slow clay, fast clay etc.

Maybe it's of no real consequence but we do seem to mis-read a lot of bounces/passes etc.

♢♢♢

1 minute ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

Does anyone else get the impression that it would benefit the team to get more practice on the Excelsior pitch? Artificial grass can be an incredibly quick and high bouncing surface and it seems to me our lads often get caught out by the ball either bouncing in a way they hadn't anticipated or a ball skidding at them/away from them much quicker than they expect.

I think we're the only outfit in this league (??) who play on a plastic pitch so if we practised on it more it could be used to our advantage. [Or do Stenny have a plastic pitch?]

Reminds me a bit of tennis players. Some excel more on slow hard courts, some on fast hardcourts, some on slow clay, fast clay etc.

Maybe it's of no real consequence but we do seem to mis-read a lot of bounces/passes etc.

♢♢♢

stenny and alloa

I actually felt Gorman strolled the game today and McIntosh impressed again. Mensing also had a decent game today.

Rohan is young and you still need to take that into account and its a big ask to ask a young keeper to play 40+ matches without going through a bad spell. Rohan has ability the save at 2-1 in this match was crucial. He is a young keeper learning and maybe I'm going soft but maybe it is best we back our young keeper at a crucial stage of the season.

Archived