Final position predictions

I think Saturday will go a long way to telling which team plays the Premiership side. None of the teams in the playoffs should worry about Hamilton, ICT, Ross County or Dundee. Motherwell will not be in the bottom 2.

I think St. Mirren will go down and Dumbarton will be in the play offs. There run ins are the toughest IMO

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Falkirk

2. Hibs, lose playoff final, win Scottish Cup

3. Dundee Utd (win playoff QF, lose SF)

4. Morton (lose playoff QF)

5. Queen of the South

6. Dunfermline

7. St Mirren

8. Dumbarton

9. Raith Rovers (win playoff)

10. Ayr

I think if Ayr and Raith both lose this weekend and Midden wins again then they will be the bottom two.

Hope Raith stay up though and can't see them losing to Alloa. The Hughes appointment was risky as he tries to play football but Raith have been setup for years to play more direct. It might be better for them in the long run to go down, regroup and come back much better with the fan base on their side. Some of their fans moaned at Murray but he kept them up and won a cup. 

It has been a funny league this season with no real whipping boys and although Hibs are clearly better they struggle to open much of a gap.

Hibs

Morton

Falkirk

United

QOTS

Dunfermline

Saints

Dumbarton

Raith

Ayr

reckon between QOTS and Raith you're only talking four or five points max

See a few folk have us down for finishing second. Can't see it myself. Had we taken 5/6 points from our last 3 games I'd be confident going into the hibs game but we are hitting a bad run at a crucial time. Before the Dunfermline game we hadn't been playing that we'll but we're grinding out results but recently we've not had much luck in front of goal and forbes has went off the boil. If that doesn't change quickly we'll finish 3rd/4th a few points behind Falkirk and the Arabs.

35 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

See a few folk have us down for finishing second. Can't see it myself. Had we taken 5/6 points from our last 3 games I'd be confident going into the hibs game but we are hitting a bad run at a crucial time. Before the Dunfermline game we hadn't been playing that we'll but we're grinding out results but recently we've not had much luck in front of goal and forbes has went off the boil. If that doesn't change quickly we'll finish 3rd/4th a few points behind Falkirk and the Arabs.

I think there's a fair bit of relief that you can't actually relegate us at Cappielow! It's been a while since there was a derby match with the stakes so high for both teams. 

Should be tasty.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think there's a fair bit of relief that you can't actually relegate us at Cappielow! It's been a while since there was a derby match with the stakes so high for both teams. 

Should be tasty.

The way both teams are playing I would make you favorites to win.  

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

The way both teams are playing I would make you favorites to win.  

Perhaps. We won't be anywhere near as bad as in the 3-1 or the 1-1 10 man game. Still, I'd settle for an honourable draw and no injuries, tbh.

39 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Should be tasty.

Yeah.  Looking forward to the game. Current form would have St. Mirren as favourites. 

1. Hibs

2. Morton

3. Dundee United

4. Falkirk ( have a tough finish )

5. Queen of the South

6. Dunfermline

7. Dumbarton

8. Raith

9. St Mirren ( on goal diff)

10.  Ayr

Falkirk to do Dundee Unt in 1/4 final

Ton to do Falkirk in semi

Hamilton to win final on pens.

St Mirren to win play off

7 hours ago, ThomCat said:
  1. Hibs 71
  2. Falkirk 58
  3. Morton 58
  4. Dundee United 58
  5. QOS 46
  6. Dunfermline 44
  7. St Mirren 38
  8. Dumbarton 36
  9. Raith 36
  10. Ayr 34

That killed some time at work.

See its been a full waste of time St Mirren won't get anymore than 35 points. If Shankland keeps up your run of dumped players he could get us that extra two points.

From a Rovers perspective I expect 2 wins from last 5 to be enough to avoid bottom two.

Tough ask considering our away form and another 3/4 injury doubts after weekend. Can we beat Morton and Ayr in two home games? I think so but wouldn't bet a penny on it!

I fear we might go into last game v Ayr needing a win for chance of 8th depending on other results, draw for 9th and defeat to be relegated. Certainly not your usual meaningless final fixture

Wouldnt fancy our chances in play offs but not impossible as many of our fans predict

17 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

1 - Hibernian

2 - Falkirk

3 - Morton

4 - Dundee United

5 - Queen of the South

6 - Dunfermline

7 - Dumbarton

8 - St Mirren

9 - Ayr United

10 - Raith Rovers

Morton to beat Dundee United and Falkirk in the play offs. They will then beat Hamilton in the final.

I reckon we'll finish 9th and beat Airdire and Alloa in the play offs.

Our small squad's beginning to show signs of fatigue.  No way are we coming through 6 games.  If we're to have any chance of promotion we must finish 2nd imo.

Archived