Albion Rovers v Queen's Park

This'll bring a tear to your eye....

Haha a few blasts from the past there. Stevie Ross, Graham Duncan, Neil "leg breaker" McGowan.

Thanks for the bringing the 'Nam style flashbacks to life for me [emoji35]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh aye definitely my favourite game against Rovers at Hampden. The funniest game I've ever attended, it all went crazy mental in the last 20 minutes. Ref made a total arse of a decision against ex-QP goalie Stevie Ross, leading to Rovers totally losing the plot like a Sunday amateur league team

Big Paul Martin as well. Went on to be a championship winning captain for us not long after that. 

16 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Oh aye definitely my favourite game against Rovers at Hampden. The funniest game I've ever attended, it all went crazy mental in the last 20 minutes. Ref made a total arse of a decision against ex-QP goalie Stevie Ross, leading to Rovers totally losing the plot like a Sunday amateur league team

Big Paul Martin as well. Went on to be a championship winning captain for us not long after that. 

I think Stevie Ross was sent off twice...or was it Paul Martin?  One of the funniest games I've ever witnessed.

Any Rovers fans remember our number 2 from that match Colin Mitchell? If I remember right around 80% of his passes would end up at the feet of an opposition player, week in week out. I do however remember he scored a wonder goal against Ross County from about 35 yards at Cliftonhill

10 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Danny Ferry

Amazingly Paul Martin could still get a shift out of Danny the season we stayed up in what was then 2nd Div (2010-11). Thoroughly likeable guy who in the end was treated very well by Rovers Chairman John Devin when Wardie was kicked out and Young brought in.

Danny with hair! The image and movement was familiar but I couldn't place him. Vic - thoroughly likeable guy, I agree, but I can't remember the history. Danny was, effectively, Paul Martin's no3. When Lumsden took the hot seat in 2012, he appointed Ward as his assistant, rather than Danny - correct? How and when did Danny leave? Anyone know where he is now? (Thinking of our shoestring for next season.)

2 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Danny with hair! The image and movement was familiar but I couldn't place him. Vic - thoroughly likeable guy, I agree, but I can't remember the history. Danny was, effectively, Paul Martin's no3. When Lumsden took the hot seat in 2012, he appointed Ward as his assistant, rather than Danny - correct? How and when did Danny leave? Anyone know where he is now? (Thinking of our shoestring for next season.)

Correct in the history department. When Wardie and the rest of the coaching staff were sacked it wasn't a case of thanks very much Danny for your 6 years of service to the club. More like Wardie was told and this was "cascaded " (I think the corporate speak Devlin would use) to the rest of the staff.

Archived