Albion Rovers v Queen's Park

Another game rescued at the death. We huffed and puffed, with lots flashing across the front of the goal but, like Saturday, no one to poke it in. Another point takes us closer to safety but getting into the top four looks a tall order now.

Two good goals.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Credit to both the Rovers and Queens Park, both with there resources which are less than most in this league are doing very well. Gus McPherson at Queen's Park doesn't get the credit he deserves sometimes.

Is this true  Cooper, although Queens only pay 'expenses' they have facilities the envy of most clubs out with the big 2. 

Albion are rumoured to have a playing budget far bigger than Airdrie but we are ahead of them in league and still give the manager & players grief albeit correctly so in most cases. 

19 minutes ago, Yoda8 said:

Is this true  Cooper, although Queens only pay 'expenses' they have facilities the envy of most clubs out with the big 2. 

Albion are rumoured to have a playing budget far bigger than Airdrie but we are ahead of them in league and still give the manager & players grief albeit correctly so in most cases. 

Facilities don't make a good team. 

I doubt very much the Rovers have a bigger playing budget. It is a rumour nothing more unless without any fact.

Rovers are not ahead of Airdrie in the league.

24 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

I doubt very much the Rovers have a bigger playing budget. It is a rumour nothing more unless without any fact.

That's why I said We not Rovers 

25 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Facilities would come under Resources No? 

Queens also put facilities to good use, rearing some top players for last few years who have earned the club money. 

Robertson, Spittal, Shankland,Rooney to name a few, sure there will be more. 

Albion may not have single players on the kind of money a Conroy, Ryan or Fitz are on but the collective will be more as we(Airdrie) have a lot of apprentices.

This is one to take to the Airdrie thread and not debate on match thread. 

1-1 was fair given it turned out to be a bit of a nothing game. Always a boot in the baws to lose such a late goal, again we really didn't go anywhere near building on the 1-0 after such a superb strike.

Most Rovers fans deep down would have accepted a draw before the game and see it as another point towards safety. QP fans would probably say the same.

I wasn't there. Yet another very late goal conceded by the Rovers costing vital points. It's our perennial weakness and other teams, Stranraer included, know it. However, 9 points from our last 5 games means we won't finish 10th. Beat Stranraer and we won't finish 9th.

Fair play to both Albion and Queens Park, a few folk tipped both teams to struggle this season and I've been impressed with both teams. I must say this is one of the tightest leagues I've seen in a while apart from Livingston obviously, with no easy games at all. Play offs look like going right to the wire.

Quality scenes at the equaliser.

Horrible football match but that was mainly down to the conditions but fair play to the team for digging out a point when we were far below our best. Don’t think either team deserved to win to be be honest. Great strike for their goal and great cross for our goal!

Our team spirit is there for everyone to see. No prima donnas, and when we’re not playing well then everyone still works hard for each other. Had some really tough away fixtures recently so to come through them unbeaten is a fine achievment in my opinion

Saturday still massive. A win and we should be safe. Peterhead will have to take the game to us

14 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Another point takes us closer to safety but getting into the top four looks a tall order now.

By the tables/fixtures it's still very doable but the reality is we need to take our chances and soon. The good thing is that no-one after Alloa seems to be stretching further away. Our three home games concern me more than the two away fixtures. I'd expect Peterheid and, on last night's showing, Rovers to sit very deep and we're not great at breaking that. Still, it's great to be in this mix and not the other one.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 13:55, Chapelhall chap said:

I predict a draw 1-1 but Rovers did look good at Alloa on Saturday. Just don't want either of you to close the gap on us!

Rather than watch from a sedentary position in view of this weeks warnings about inactive Scots, I went down to see the game. Thought Rovers dominated the first half and Wallace scored a cracker as well as just missing a lobbed chance and finishing while offside. QP three at the back but never really got going till the second half. There was a marvellous bit of diving by the QP No 9 which outdid anything seen from any team this season. Queens dominated the second half and deserved the equalizer after so many high balls flying into the Rovers box. The QP midfield upped their game in the second half and the No 9 did put his dive behind him to give the Dunlops a busy time. I think QP goalscorer No 8( Brady?) had a busy evening-he really is in your face most of the time. It did stop one of them narrowing the gap on Airdrie by three so at last I got a prediction right. An enjoyable evening for a neutral. I think both sides will avoid the relegation scenario and so will we (hopefully).

Loving the nostalgia and the trips down memory lane. My favourite all time game at Cliftonhill was a 4-3 win in 1992. Think we came back from a couple of goals down. Remember Colin Stevenson scoring a ridiculous solo goal after going on a mazy run and Eddie Hunter doing forward rolls on the touchline back when the dug outs were the near side. He got his usual warm goodbye as he went down the tunnel  

My most memorable game against Queens was the infamous 5-1 game at Hampden around 97/98 when we finished the game with 7 men after 4 sendings off. My dads cousin David Arbuckle went on to score a hat trick for Queens that day [emoji849]

At the return fixture at Cliftonhill a few months later some Queens fans turned up with giant red cards [emoji23]

40 minutes ago, sam2304 said:

My most memorable game against Queens was the infamous 5-1 game at Hampden around 97/98 when we finished the game with 7 men after 4 sendings off. My dads cousin David Arbuckle went on to score a hat trick for Queens that day emoji849.png

At the return fixture at Cliftonhill a few months later some Queens fans turned up with giant red cards emoji23.png

This'll bring a tear to your eye....

Archived