Albion Rovers v Queen's Park

Surely we're due something? It's getting ridiculous now. As with most away games, a draw would be fine and three points would be magnificent. However, there's an inevitability about Albion Rovers winning 1-0 with the only shot on target of the whole game, and the rest of the game being spent with both sides shitfesting the ball out for a by kick with a long ball. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely we're due something? It's getting ridiculous now. As with most away games, a draw would be fine and three points would be magnificent. However, there's an inevitability about Albion Rovers winning 1-0 with the only shot on target of the whole game, and the rest of the game being spent with both sides shitfesting the ball out for a by kick with a long ball. 

Not sure about that, you guys gave us a footballing lesson when we last met at Hampden by all accounts.

Queens at Cliftonhill is always my favourite fixture, unfortunately I'm working Tuesday night so won't make it. A draw would keep the recent revival ticking over nicely, ill say an exciting 2-2 with a red card for both teams

11 minutes ago, sam2304 said:

Not sure about that, you guys gave us a footballing lesson when we last met at Hampden by all accounts.

Queens at Cliftonhill is always my favourite fixture, unfortunately I'm working Tuesday night so won't make it. A draw would keep the recent revival ticking over nicely, ill say an exciting 2-2 with a red card for both teams

Aye, we were very good against you at Hampden. Our best of the season. 2-1 wasn't a reflection on how the game went. That's one curse been broken!

A win for either side sees the fat lady warming her tonsils with regards to safety. If I was a betting man and not taking curses into account, I'd be saying it has draw written all over it. We're going for six on the bounce!

I thought QP in the earlier game at the San Siro have been the best passing team I have seen this season , just lacked a cutting edge up front that day.

Missed the second game at Hampden where my old man reliably informed me we were thrashed 2-1.

Both teams look quite difficult to breakdown at the moment which indicate a draw is on the cards which I wouldn't be disappointed with.

Been some ding dong midweek battles between the two sides over the years- always remember Paul Harvey's goal (early 2000's?) - chipped shot to the back post. The best goal I have seen by an opposing player at Cliftonhill.

9 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

I thought QP in the earlier game at the San Siro have been the best passing team I have seen this season , just lacked a cutting edge up front that day.

Missed the second game at Hampden where my old man reliably informed me we were thrashed 2-1.

Both teams look quite difficult to breakdown at the moment which indicate a draw is on the cards which I wouldn't be disappointed with.

Been some ding dong midweek battles between the two sides over the years- always remember Paul Harvey's goal (early 2000's?) - chipped shot to the back post. The best goal I have seen by an opposing player at Cliftonhill.

I honestly thought we were brutal at Cliftonhill in the game earlier in the season. 

Of course, the favourite midweek battle has to be big Quinno scoring two goals in the last three minutes to win 2-1, our last victory at Cliftonhill. We were absolutely shocking that night and couldn't have complained if we'd been 3 or 4 nil down. I've never seen the mood of a support turn so quickly. 

Hoping for a wee shot of the terracing behind the goals, so hopefully the rain stays off! Pitch invasion when big McGeever bullets a late winner!

remember it well what a player [emoji106] not sure we'll see any similar guile and skill on display tomorrow night?!

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Of course, the favourite midweek battle has to be big Quinno scoring two goals in the last three minutes to win 2-1, our last victory at Cliftonhill. We were absolutely shocking that night and couldn't have complained if we'd been 3 or 4 nil down. I've never seen the mood of a support turn so quickly. 

Remember that one well kick started QP's season that year. Very competitive 3rd Div that year- Arbroath, QP, Annan and ourselves. Don't even mention Chuckie Watt's last minute goal at Hampden (2nd last game of the season). Rovers had the last laugh though.

Remember that one well kick started QP's season that year. Very competitive 3rd Div that year- Arbroath, QP, Annan and ourselves. Don't even mention Chuckie Watt's last minute goal at Hampden (2nd last game of the season). Rovers had the last laugh though.

Think Steven Lawless had put us ahead early on in that game. That last minute goal you're talking about kept Queens in the hunt for the play offs if I remember right.

Loving the nostalgia and the trips down memory lane. My favourite all time game at Cliftonhill was a 4-3 win in 1992. Think we came back from a couple of goals down. Remember Colin Stevenson scoring a ridiculous solo goal after going on a mazy run and Eddie Hunter doing forward rolls on the touchline back when the dug outs were the near side. He got his usual warm goodbye as he went down the tunnel  

Huge game tonight. A win and we're looking up the way for the rest of the season. Lose and we'll be looking over our shoulder, especially with Peterhead visiting Hampden on Saturday. Exciting times for the faithful  

Will be a tough game. Never seem to play very well at cliftonhill, although this is the most confident I've felt getting a result Cliftonhill in a long time. Is the big Albion Rovers striker, Ross Stewart out? Noticed he got subbed quite early on Saturday and he seems to be quite a threat up top. 

Will always remember the game when Chris Hamilton scored an absolute screamer in the dying moments of the game in the 09/10 season, whilst in the same game seeing possibly the best save I've ever seen at this level from Derek Gaston from a Paul Quinn header. 

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Loving the nostalgia and the trips down memory lane. My favourite all time game at Cliftonhill was a 4-3 win in 1992. Think we came back from a couple of goals down. Remember Colin Stevenson scoring a ridiculous solo goal after going on a mazy run and Eddie Hunter doing forward rolls on the touchline back when the dug outs were the near side. He got his usual warm goodbye as he went down the tunnel  

Wonder if this was the game that Eddie Hunter got up from the dug out(which was located at the stand side in them days) to give Rovers fans the vickies. He enjoyed a hate-hate relationship with us at that time.

15 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Wonder if this was the game that Eddie Hunter got up from the dug out(which was located at the stand side in them days) to give Rovers fans the vickies. He enjoyed a hate-hate relationship with us at that time.

that would be after every game against you Vic - you just weren't paying attention in the others ;)

Credit to both the Rovers and Queens Park, both with there resources which are less than most in this league are doing very well. Gus McPherson at Queen's Park doesn't get the credit he deserves sometimes.

Archived